Archbob

EOY 2019 XRP predictions

32 minutes ago, Archbob said:

We have elites who steal from the poor in every system, in every age of humanity. That's not going to change in the future. Like I said, you don't live in reality, you live in some random fantasy world that you made up based on kooky youtube theories made up by guys that prey on naive people like yourself.

Please explain how am I naive if I prefer decentralised currency 

16 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

A gradual and managed increase in the monetary supply, especially in a growing population, is healthy and good for the economy. A predictable and managed rate of inflation is not a problem and actually a good thing. Frankly, I don’t want to live in an economy with a static monetary supply. Welcome to the 9th c. 

You know just enough economics to be dangerous. 

Too bad they abuse the currency. Next crisis no one will have faith in banks. Next crisis people won't be able to take their money out of the banks this is when they will lose hope in the system. Smart already lost hope 

18 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

simpsons apocalypse GIF

Hahaha xdd

Just look at the information we have today. Even an 8 year old kid will understand it's coming

4 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Zero chance fiat goes away in the next 100 years. 

It can co-exist together with crypto

4 hours ago, KevClem said:

Why do we need crypto?

Counterparty-free trading.  Decentralised immutable record.  Atomic swaps.  If you don’t understand the difference between these things and siloed digital fiat/cbda then read up a bit and you will see why we need crypto.

Doesn't mean we will ever get this new and wonderful thing in widespread usage...  but that’s why it’s good.  

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Counterparty-free trading.  Decentralised immutable record.  Atomic swaps.  If you don’t understand the difference between these things and siloed digital fiat/cbda then read up a bit and you will see why we need crypto.

Doesn't mean we will ever get this new and wonderful thing in widespread usage...  but that’s why it’s good.  

I understand what it can do and the capabilities your describe.

Assume it never obtains widescale adoption. 

What changes ? Nothing. The world will continue to keep ticking. 

So why do we need crypto ? :)

Edited by KevClem

6 minutes ago, KevClem said:

Assume it never obtains widescale adoption. 

What changes ? Nothing. The world will continue to keep ticking. 

So why do we need crypto ? :)

Assume we never invent electricity.  What changes?  Nothing.  The world will continue ticking.

So why do we need electricity?

Thats the dumbest question I’ve seen in a while.

I understand what it can do and the capabilities your describe.

Well then you understand why it would be a good thing.  Whether we ever see its full promise achieved is yet to be determined.

But if you truly understand it’s capabilities then you wouldn’t be asking that question.

12 minutes ago, 7strings said:

GIF by Budweiser

Yeah I don’t normally speak that frankly...  but it’s bloody hot here at the moment and I’m tired...  so not really in the mood for polite discourse.  I feel a bit bad...  but not too much...   :JC_doubleup:

11 hours ago, Xill said:

Please explain how am I naive if I prefer decentralised currency 

The elites will never let you. They want control. They will take away the stuff you have, jail you, or kill you if you want to get out of their control.

34 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Assume we never invent electricity.  What changes?  Nothing.  The world will continue ticking.

So why do we need electricity?

Thats the dumbest question I’ve seen in a while.

Well then you understand why it would be a good thing.  Whether we ever see its full promise achieved is yet to be determined.

But if you truly understand it’s capabilities then you wouldn’t be asking that question.

There is absolutely no comparison that can be made between electricity and crypto.

Not sure why you even chose to compare the two to make a point.