Archbob

EOY 2019 XRP predictions

53 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

My prediction was .97 cents in this thread, not even 3X - which ultimately failed by going in the wrong direction, though I wasn't far off from saying it would spend much of its time under sub .30.  I couldn't find yours, so your hindsight is watered down with what we like to call as WEAK SAUCE.

I didn't have a post in this thread but all through late 2018, I was warning people about bullshit hype and people who were leading investors off a cliff with the "buy the dip, XRP is about to take off" cult delusion.  By December I was mocking moonbois who had become straight up comedy.   

On 8/8/2018 at 1:02 PM, fatlever said:

Having a sense of reality and critical thinking is crucial to investing.  People like you will cheer-lead investors right off a cliff.  People like you have been saying it's a dip and it's a buying opportunity since $3.00, $2.00, $1.00, $0.80, $0.60, $0.40, etc.  What's the point of people like you even posting?  You always think it's going up, it's a buying opportunity and we're going to be rich.  

On 8/7/2018 at 5:06 PM, fatlever said:

There is no reason for that to happen:

1. We're in a bear market.  

2. The Korean volumes are so really low.  That was the what carried XRP to ATHs last year.  XRP is no longer their favorite coin

3. No adoption.   Nobody is using xRapid.  And only a fool thinks Cuallix counts as xRapid adoption.  The statement from Ripple that in Q2 there would be a move of existing xRapid pilots into production has been swept under the rug.

Just being realistic.  

On 10/11/2018 at 5:51 AM, fatlever said:

I think that anyone who thinks banks will hold a lot of XRP or any cryptocurrency doesn't know how financial systems work and how regulations work.  Banks have to go through stress tests EVERY quarter where their reserves are looked at, as well as an assessment of the assets they hold are analysed by risk rating metrics and results show how well they can handle various economic downturn scenarios.  Banks absolutely cannot hold large amounts high risk assets -- that will make them fail the stress tests.  Some of these assets are completely toxic.  XRP would be a high risk, toxic assets that is purely speculative.   Regulators will not allow banks to hold a lot of this.  Banks took a lot of **** for holding toxic CDOs and subprime loans and had to be bailed out -- you think regulators are going to say yeah looks like you're loading up on XRP, good job?  Banks aren't retarded enough to even think about doing something that stupid.  

On 12/7/2018 at 12:55 PM, fatlever said:

Bitcoin is going to zero.  XRP got utility.  XRP got parnerships.  XRP going to the moooon.

100% in on XRP and if Garlichouse flips that damn switch and they start transferring over xRapid and they start transferring billions of dollars ...BILLIONS of dollars of cross border payments.  That's all kinds of price action.  It's going up, they don't need no bull run because they actually got some utility.  It's actually usuful.    I am waiting for dat to happen while all those other korns is sitting there bleeding out

1 hour ago, fatlever said:

I didn't have a post in this thread but all through late 2018, I was warning people about bullshit hype and people who were leading investors off a cliff with the "buy the dip, XRP is about to take off" cult delusion.  By December I was mocking moonbois who had become straight up comedy.   

That sounds fair enough.  There has always been a lot of delusion, shilling, and bee-hive mentality with crypto currencies.  There was less of it in 2019 than 2018, and there will be less of it in 2020 than the last year if prices stay down. 

XRP currently accounts for 22.5 percent of my total blockfolio.  It hasn't been fun seeing it lose half its value in 2019 along with a couple other slow bleeds.  BTC and VET helped alleviate some losses, but still down overall for the calendar year.  Fundamentals are still strong enough, while another speculative run is not out of the cards though I expect it to take longer to develop and the returns to be diminished.  Utility driven price increases are still years away for the few cryptos that do runaway with success.

So the real question here is... Eoy 2020. Following the trend I'd say 0.025.

No seriously I think 2020 will kick-start it. I'm looking forward to any announcement ripple or bg will make. 

1 hour ago, ringer2 said:

It’s going lower, folks. At least .13 and possibly sub .10. If you are smart, you will sell and buy back later. 

This would be ideal. My only issue is that selling would be considered a taxable event for those who bought in sub .10 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, aye-epp said:

This would be ideal. My only issue is that selling would be considered a taxable event for those who bought in sub .10 

You’d still come out ahead. And it would be a taxable event for everyone but a tax benefit for those who purchased over .10. 

Edited by ringer2

2 hours ago, Moriarty said:

So the real question here is... Eoy 2020. Following the trend I'd say 0.025.

No seriously I think 2020 will kick-start it. I'm looking forward to any announcement ripple or bg will make. 

I have an announcement. XRP will reach .13. 

9 hours ago, ringer2 said:

I have an announcement. XRP will reach .13. 

It 'will' do this and that. You're even worse then the TA people you keep fighting. They stick to possibilities, you just randomly post 'facts' without explanations. And you still don't get why people think you're a troll with no interest in XRP but to create fud...

They've got a word for people who think majority is the idiot and not them.

3 hours ago, Caracappa said:

It 'will' do this and that. You're even worse then the TA people you keep fighting. They stick to possibilities, you just randomly post 'facts' without explanations. And you still don't get why people think you're a troll with no interest in XRP but to create fud...

Actually @ringer2 I honestly think you should read this quoted post slowly,  and carefully,  and reflect on it.

I’ve come to the view over time that you are a decent person who is smart and thoughtful.  But your posts don’t look like that at all.  They come off as bombastic and abrasive.

Perhaps it’s worth adding a bit of explanation and a little bit of ‘in my opinion’ in amongst your prognostications.  I’ve probably offended you with this,  but I mean it as a sincere offer of what I hope is helpful advice.

In real life I would think these things but probably not say them...  so it’s a bit cowardly of me to be so frank in unsolicited advice from behind a keyboard like this,  but it might do some good.  Or not.

19 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Going to 0,13 cents is a possibility. 

On 1/3/2020 at 6:36 AM, Tinyaccount said:

Actually @ringer2 I honestly think you should read this quoted post slowly,  and carefully,  and reflect on it.

I’ve come to the view over time that you are a decent person who is smart and thoughtful.  But your posts don’t look like that at all.  They come off as bombastic and abrasive.

Perhaps it’s worth adding a bit of explanation and a little bit of ‘in my opinion’ in amongst your prognostications.  I’ve probably offended you with this,  but I mean it as a sincere offer of what I hope is helpful advice.

In real life I would think these things but probably not say them...  so it’s a bit cowardly of me to be so frank in unsolicited advice from behind a keyboard like this,  but it might do some good.  Or not.

That’s exactly what I did for a year and a half and got nowhere. I provided reasons and rational arguments - and I wasn’t even bearish, just a cautious bull that realized there was a lot of crazy talk on here. And all I got in response was being told to get my FUD outta here. So I’ve given up trying to give reasoned arguments. I present an idea and let people do with it what they want. 

I strongly believe this is going down to at least .13. 

And remember when I cautioned that competition was going to arise and present challenges? I was basically told, in no uncertain terms, that would not happen. 

Well, https://u.today/ripples-xrp-may-get-serious-rival-utility-settlement-coin-by-ubs-mati-greenspan

We need to recognize that there is a very real chance the whole ripple/XRP project fails. 

37 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Well, https://u.today/ripples-xrp-may-get-serious-rival-utility-settlement-coin-by-ubs-mati-greenspan

We need to recognize that there is a very real chance the whole ripple/XRP project fails. 

I agree.  We all have to recognize that there may be shortfalls in XRP.  We will see if that happens.

But this link reads like a poor Jr. High newspaper.  It doesn't make a case for anything really except the state of crypto journalism today, which apparently, has no prior experience required.  Just like $589 hype we all loathe it's going to zero hype as well.

We need better well researched sources unfortunately those require a deeper dive.