Worst thing that could happen to XRP??!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get listed on Coinbase 

Since early this year ABN AMRO started Franx, a 100% subsidary , for cross border payments and Fx transactions, working with xCurrent!  This will get more traction than an unknown challenger like NWBM

I can think of 2.  1. Banks wont use XRP for cross border payments 2. SEC rules it as a security.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Riseup said:

I am also unsure about 1 thing. For example we saw there around EUR40 charge on 50k transaction. Usually people say on this "with xrp there wold be almoust no fee"

But we dont know whats actuall bank cost inside those EUR40 and how much they decided to take for profit. Banks are not gona do transactions virtually for free. 

So what if bank cost is 5$ and they just take 35 EUR to make profit. Then switching to xrapid doesnt make to big of difference if they want to make profit of 35 EUR

But i am just speculating because i never know how of actuall bank cost is inside those eur40    

We have SEPA in the EU. A wire to anywhere here costs 45 cents. In 2006, when I was doing a bank consulting project, I found out that for a local transfer cost 20 cents to the customer, the bank's costs were 1,28 cents. Today imho the proportion is roughly similar and judging by the fact that banks only earn from commissions, that proportion is set to rise. Still it's peanuts comparing to a transfer to Thailand – 2k euros transferred at the cost of 51 euro. But even that is peanuts considering that you will pay 9+% to get money to anywhere in the EU anonymously. 

59 minutes ago, ienviaa said:

Why everyone think that XRP can only success with or by Ripple ? Lots of things are moving in a good way for XRP, Ripple or not.

It's a matter of percentages... Ripple have such a huge stack of XRP and so many full time staff they are naturally the 800lb gorilla in the ecosystem.

Certainly others are significant and could grow bigger but right now the player with the most chips who has biggest effect is definitely Ripple.

Longer term other things will come to the fore but our current price rides on Ripples coattails.

8 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Longer term other things will come to the fore but our current price rides on Ripples coattails.

I should add that the recent R3 Corda news that they will use XRP is also extremely important. Again that's a result of Ripples' work, but in their own right R3 are a pretty big gorilla too.

The hints around that say credit swaps may be settled in XRP soon are starting to stir my loins a tad....   :) 

In spite of the general "rekt crypto...  it's all dead" mood,  I am at risk of serious fomo...   

So I guess I'm talking about the opposite of the worst thing that could happen...  :) 

Edited by Guest
rehung the decorations

The worst thing that could happen is that Iran or North Korea triggers a global nuclear war, wiping mankind from the face of the earth. XRP survives, but it collapses to $0 because there's nobody here to buy it.

Meanwhile, trading bots continually bid up the price of BTC toward infinity, attracting aliens who want to come steal it. Upon arrival, they realize it's got no utility on any planet anywhere. 

@Jerrybo @Ripple-Stiltskin

I don’t see any reason for customers to abandon their old bank at all, new bank can be used side by side with it. As soon as loans are paid in full, this old bank can stay as it is.

I see people joining a bank that serves their needs best and the deeper you are in cryptoworld with your personal and business income, the less you are dependant of any traditional bank.

XRP being the safest, fastest and most cost-effectively method of transferring value without counterparty risk, I see risks getting smaller every day, with or without Ripple.

4 minutes ago, P3T3RIS said:

@Jerrybo @Ripple-Stiltskin

I don’t see any reason for customers to abandon their old bank at all, new bank can be used side by side with it. As soon as loans are paid in full, this old bank can stay as it is.

I see people joining a bank that serves their needs best and the deeper you are in cryptoworld with your personal and business income, the less you are dependant of any traditional bank.

XRP being the safest, fastest and most cost-effectively method of transferring value without counterparty risk, I see risks getting smaller every day, with or without Ripple.

Agreed. 

But I was only speaking for Netherlands, where amongst retailinvestors there isn’s a big need for cheaper crossborder payments, we have SEPA , InstantTransfer ( and the EU zone) etc.  Corporates is a different story, but credit lines being a core product, they don’t switch easily. ( payments 100% via their main bank is obligatory for receiving a credit line). 

Chances for XRP don’t lie so much in the EU zone at first anyway. High friction corridors and Asia is where it will happen first for XRP imo. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.