Worst thing that could happen to XRP??!!

9 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Those are the charges to clients from NWBM , the contender since 5 yrs. As you see clients can save up to 90%, yet their marketshare after 5 yrs is marginal. I can’t find anywhere if this is Ripple related, but my guess it’s not ( they digitalised the whole proces, but without blockchain). 

If I remember correctly, they just cut down their overhead costs and lowered their margins. No Ripple involved as far as is know 

Just now, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Those are the charges to client from NWBM , the contender since 5 yrs. As you see clients can save up to 90%, yet their marketshare after 5 yrs is marginal. I can’t find anywhere if this is Ripple related, but my guess it’s not ( they digitalised the whole proces, but without blockchain). 

It shows that clients are not really interested in cross border payments as a service on its own:  they look at the whole banking package. 

To be honest because of my uncertainty about the meanings of the columns I wasn't quite sure what the point of it was.  Thank you for the explanation.  And thank you for not taking offence at my juvenile jokes.   :) 

Yes I think it's true that one single product doesn't make the banking relationship,  and so implementing a lower cost service alone might not be the killer app for the bank.  

However the real attraction for the bank is the cost savings.  Additionally if one of the big four went that way then the others would need to follow.  

So your point is well made,  but there are also other factors that would go into deciding the attractiveness to a bank of Ripple products.  The improvement in treasury operations and back end costs following lost payments etc are also in the mix.

But it's very useful to be aware that low cost alone is not enough to grab all the customers.

11 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

So your point is well made,  but there are also other factors that would go into deciding the attractiveness to a bank of Ripple products

Since early this year ABN AMRO started Franx, a 100% subsidary , for cross border payments and Fx transactions, working with xCurrent!  This will get more traction than an unknown challenger like NWBM.

They are actively promoting Franx, for new, but more important, also for the existing ABN AMRO clients ( sort of cannibalism). 

No mention of Ripple ofcourse ( clients don’t care about tech), sadly not using XRP ( until now).

1 minute ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Since early this year ABN AMRO started Franx, a 100% subsidary , for cross border payments and Fx transactions, working with xCurrent!  This will get more traction than an unknown challenger like NWBM.

They are actively promoting Franx, for new, but more important, also for the existing ABN AMRO clients ( sort of cannibalism). 

No mention of Ripple ofcourse ( clients don’t care about tech), sadly not using XRP ( until now).

Hahah I was just checking back on the same 😂

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/nieuws.btcdirect.eu/abn-amro-franx-ripple/amp/

28 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

It shows that clients are not really interested in cross border payments as a service on its own:  they look at the whole banking package

Fees as shown in that marketing table are just one part of cross border costs though. There are even "zero fee" remittance companies. 

Just now, jcdenton said:

Fees as shown in that marketing table are just one part of cross border costs though. There are even "zero fee" remittance companies. 

I know, big part of it are the exchange rates between the different currencies around the world. Comes in “ Franx” ( see post above) with sophisticated Fx features.

The worst thing that could happen to XRP is as follows: 

Bitcoin breaks 200week ma falls somewhere below $1,000 maybe to the $100's, xrp likewise falls to pennies.

Due to the low price there is not enough liquidity in  the system for XRP to be used for cross-border transfers. 

Ripple which makes most of it's money by selling XRP can no longer finance it's operation and is forced to lay off it's staff. 

Banks that were using Ripple tech then switch from Ripple and use build their own blockchain infrastructure for cross border payments.

We're about $50 away from seeing if this happens.  So exciting!!!!!  

Edited by Eric123

27 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Ripple which makes most of it's money by selling XRP can no longer finance it's operation and is forced to lay off it's staff. 

With all my respect the bit above is just complete BS and I'm almost sure you know it is.

Other bits does not have rational behind either.

@Eric123 the bit i have quoted. Do you really think Ripple is that dependent on XRP price when it comes to financing their operation? What about warchest?  

Even XRP goes really low do you really think it'll stay there that long to cause real issues for Ripple to finance its operations? 

What about the period (years actually) prior to March 2017 when XRP was sub .01? How have Ripple managed to survive? Please don't tell me that Ripple had very few OPEX and staff compared to what they have now...

50 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

The worst thing that could happen to XRP is as follows: 

Bitcoin breaks 200week ma falls somewhere below $1,000 maybe to the $100's, xrp likewise falls to pennies.

Due to the low price there is not enough liquidity in  the system for XRP to be used for cross-border transfers. 

Banks that were using Ripple tech then switch from Ripple and use build their own blockchain infrastructure for cross border payments.

We're about $50 away from seeing if this happens.  So exciting!!!!!  

Just curious, what amount does it cost to finance Ripples operations in your eyes?