Great stuff, @Hodor, as always!

Instead of always upbeat material I'd be really interested in your view about the discrepancy between Ripple's obvious progress and the XRP price going to the doldrums.

How this price volatility reflects on potential clients, what it means for xRapid uptake, etc.

Of course one can't just say volatility is very limited because a transaction is done in seconds.

What about a potential xRapid client who planned to buy for some time, and the longer that client waits and postpones the more zerps that client would get...

And that's just one volatility factor.

Could it even be that this volatility influences xRapid rollout negatively?

Or are XRP a pure means to an end? To oil transactions? Of course not, the higher the token's value, the more liquidity can be provided.

So this seems to be a bit of a problem for Ripple, even though they say they don't care about the short-term price development.

Would be very interested to know what you have to say about it.

39 minutes ago, panmores said:

Instead of always upbeat material

So you didn't read the blog, or my criticisms of the Q3 XRP markets report.  Or my concern over the sealed settlement of R3.  Or this blog where I talk about perception risk. 

But you feel confident enough to make a generalization like that. 

Would be very interested to know what you have to say about it.

Which point in your laundry list?  :D

6 minutes ago, Hodor said:

So you didn't read the blog, or my criticisms of the Q3 XRP markets report.  Or my concern over the sealed settlement of R3.  Or this blog where I talk about perception risk. 

But you feel confident enough to make a generalization like that. 

Which point in your laundry list?  :D

There must be a misunderstanding, I meant how this volatility impacts xRapid uptake.

Read your thoughts on the perception risk, that's more about crypto in general.

Your concern over the R3 settlement is about traders, but what impact might it have on "xRapid perception"?

Or put differently: an asset token that seems to be that prone to manipulation, how much more difficult does this make the onset of the IoV?

To serious business, XRP currently very much looks like Wild West, and they sure hesitate to associate with?

7 minutes ago, panmores said:

Or put differently: an asset token that seems to be that prone to manipulation, how much more difficult does this make the onset of the IoV? 

So you're claiming that XRP suffers from manipulation? 

Well, I'm no expert on chart shapes, but the 'barting' in Bitcoin was pretty obvious. 

I haven't seen anything like that with XRP.  What is your source for making that claim? 

14 minutes ago, panmores said:

There must be a misunderstanding, I meant how this volatility impacts xRapid uptake.

1) For banks that want to use xRapid dynamically that's an option (they don't have to hold XRP). 

My source is Ripple:  https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/17795-how-does-xrapid-provide-liquidity/?do=findComment&comment=222975

2) For banks that want to hold XRP and manage volatility, they use the same techniques for managing volatility risk for currency.  It's known colloquially as 'hedging,' and can be done at a variety of derivative traders currently. 

Sources:

https://medium.com/@stephen_98121/cryptocurrency-options-futures-and-derivatives-trading-5db1c5f1b234

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-announces-xrp-futures-trading-crypto-facilities/

http://www.bitcoinfutures.co/

4 minutes ago, Hodor said:

So you're claiming that XRP suffers from manipulation? 

Well, I'm no expert on chart shapes, but the 'barting' in Bitcoin was pretty obvious. 

I haven't seen anything like that with XRP.  What is your source for making that claim? 

Oh, manipulated like every other coin. They all seem to mostly dance to the same tune. Meaning XRP in this current climate is no different than most other coins, despite the railroads being built.

Too cool Hodor many thanks , more great info to mull over , I'll give it a second read not on a tired brain (16 hrs f..k truckdriving) lol , many pieces are slowly coming together,  being a global phenomenon this will take time even though there seems to be so much pressure , once the cork goes (accumulation of many factors ) bubbles for all :drinks: once again thanks.

4 minutes ago, panmores said:

Meaning XRP in this current climate is no different than most other coins, despite the railroads being built.

Is this your way of saying you have no source?  Or are you now switching topics from your claim of manipulation and making the new claim that XRP's price behavior is mirroring all other alts? 

Because it's not.  It has gone down the least, day after day.  And XRP's market share keeps growing. 

Again, that topic was in one of my blogs.  This one:  https://xrpcommunity.blog/paper-tigers-and-real-bears/

Edited by Hodor

hi hodor, first of all I want to congratulate you for your work and say thank you and I respect you very much.

and in a few words, I'm here thanks to your good information.

I value you very much! keep it up.

but I also want to tell you in a constructive way, that sometimes when they ask you things you respond as if you were on the defensive.

try to take things and questions and comments with a little more calm!

just one opiñion. And thanks again.

from Argentina a big hug!

21 minutes ago, panmores said:

@Hodor, I very much respect you, but give up repeating the question. This seems to get under your skin, apologies in the first place to have brought up some critical questions.

I think you did get under his skin with "Instead of always upbeat material".   If you didn't start off with that he would have answered all the questions. 

2 hours ago, panmores said:

but give up repeating the question.

When answering a question implies that I agree with statements within the question, it's a non-starter. 

2 hours ago, panmores said:

This seems to get under your skin, apologies in the first place to have brought up some critical questions. 

Let's review what just happened:

1) I post an announcement of my blog

2) You post a reply which starts off insulting my critical discourse and saying I only publish "always upbeat material"

3) Then you display a laundry list of items which I then responded to

4) You respond by ignoring how I addressed your concern of volatility and then claim that XRP price is manipulated.

5) I respond to that claim by asking you to provide a source. 

6) You ignore my request for a source and then respond with a different claim that XRP behaves price-wise like all other coins.

7) I then respond to that claim by pointing you to a blog where I disprove that claim.

8) You ignore that response, and post a blanket criticism that you've gotten under my skin with your 'critical questions.'

Wow.  I've been gaslighted by far more skillful players. 

Have a good day @panmores

Edited by Hodor