Julian_Williams

Binance announce XRP - USDC trading Pair

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencewintermeyer/2018/09/14/crypto-bear-market-could-be-years-or-months/#4f9003d22709

"Q. You tweeted recently that "Global finance is becoming further integrated with crypto finance", what did you mean? 

A. Stablecoins are really helpful as a bridge between traditional finance and crypto finance. They help with liquidity in the market, but also get “normal” people used to sending, receiving, storing crypto assets. For those who want to use crypto assets but not be exposed to the volatility, stablecoins are very helpful. Gemini and Paxos both released a stablecoin on the same day, amazingly, so I’m looking forward to the competition between these two."

I just came across this article and it highlights stablecoins roadmap.  

19 minutes ago, Javim777 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencewintermeyer/2018/09/14/crypto-bear-market-could-be-years-or-months/#4f9003d22709

"Q. You tweeted recently that "Global finance is becoming further integrated with crypto finance", what did you mean? 

A. Stablecoins are really helpful as a bridge between traditional finance and crypto finance. They help with liquidity in the market, but also get “normal” people used to sending, receiving, storing crypto assets. For those who want to use crypto assets but not be exposed to the volatility, stablecoins are very helpful. Gemini and Paxos both released a stablecoin on the same day, amazingly, so I’m looking forward to the competition between these two."

I just came across this article and it highlights stablecoins roadmap.  

The beauty of xRapid IMO is that it sort of "Crowd sources" liquidity, back to the branding issue, I think any single branded asset "Stable Coin" will have trouble gaining enough liquidity to become a global bridge asset. This crowd sourced liquidity requires trading of the asset for that level and depth of liquidity to materialize. That is just on the liquidity side, lets not forget there is a whole product side and business development side. 

18 minutes ago, quetzalcoatl said:

I can't shake the feeling that XRP will be listed during one of the 12 days of coinbase. Maybe the binance/usdc move could of been a signal of what's to come.

Fingers crossed, I've given up on CB and I hate them for their games they have played, but it's still worth being listed on, even though the CoinBase effect is in fact dead.

19 minutes ago, quetzalcoatl said:

I can't shake the feeling that XRP will be listed during one of the 12 days of coinbase. Maybe the binance/usdc move could of been a signal of what's to come.

An hour after Coinbase's first "12 days" tweet, Brad tweeted an article that brought up the 0x/Coinbase insider issues again, and talked about the need for transparency. Not exactly something you'd do after a big handshake backstage :)

15 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

Fingers crossed, I've given up on CB and I hate them for their games they have played, but it's still worth being listed on, even though the CoinBase effect is in fact dead.

I only care at this point as it adds more liquidity. If i were to ask my family or friends if they could name any crypto exchanges... coinbase might be the only one and that even if they could name one. 

1 hour ago, jcdenton said:

An hour after Coinbase's first "12 days" tweet, Brad tweeted an article that brought up the 0x/Coinbase insider issues again, and talked about the need for transparency. Not exactly something you'd do after a big handshake backstage :)

One thing I think we haven't talked about in this thread, XRP/USDC on Binance tells me there might be a good chance Binance will list XRP/Fiat once that goes live.

20 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

One thing I think we haven't talked about in this thread, XRP/USDC on Binance tells me there might be a good chance Binance will list XRP/Fiat once that goes live.

I thought Binance avoids fiat pairs like the plague? At least that's how they got so big so quickly. Fiat on Binance - ok, but what's the connection with USDC you see? 

1 hour ago, jcdenton said:

I thought Binance avoids fiat pairs like the plague? At least that's how they got so big so quickly. Fiat on Binance - ok, but what's the connection with USDC you see? 

Binance announced a while back they would be starting a Fiat trading service, my point is they aren't listing every Coin against USDC, so maybe the USDC list is a preview of what they might eventually list against USD

Edited by slinuxuzer

The good part is that this is the stable coin launched by Circle. The most bullish thing is that Goldman Sachs (The evil guys in the Bowler hats with pipes who always make hideous amounts of money no matter whos Grandmother they have to kill)  is one of the main investors in Circle.

image.png.9a464703f8f8255afc919f705c343ec6.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1KWHZfXNA

Edited by mandelbaum

This article is more informative - there are some interesting things going on here:  https://www.ccn.com/binance-adds-usdc-trading-pairs-stellar-and-ripple-represented/

1) BTC/USDC and USDC/BNB are the only USDC offerings right now on Binance and all current offers of those pairs were canceled.

2) A new tab - a new interface (market?) will be created just for USDC pairs: BNB, BTC, ETH, XRP, EOS, XLM, and USDT, but those pairs aren't on the general exchange.

3) XRP is paired with PAX, USDT, and TrueUSD  now.

So now Binance is the exchange we know, plus a Binance USDC market, an upcoming decentralized exchange DEX (with no fiat pairs), and a forthcoming OTC arm, Koi.trade.  Moving off topic, but seems like a lot going on there.

Edited by WrathofKahneman