Jump to content

no-action letters from SEC


Julian_Williams
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

They will do so when they get the green light from the big accumulating entities. They're just not ready yet for a bull market. Same with postponing ETF approval, it's all about timing the moment of reversal and the bullish signal will be a massive and multiple at once. ;)

Is it the first time that SEC have admitted they know in their own mind when a crypto is not a security?  A judgement about XRP cannot be that far away?:boredom:

Edited by Julian_Williams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

It is almost the first time that SEC have admitted they know in their own mind when a crypto is not a security?  A judgement about XRP cannot be that far away?:boredom:

I'm sure their stance on XRP has been solidified for quite some time now.

As @Caracappasuggested, it's maybe just a matter of timing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Caracappa said:

They will do so when they get the green light from the big accumulating entities. They're just not ready yet for a bull market. Same with postponing ETF approval, it's all about timing the moment of reversal and the bullish signal will be a massive and multiple at once. ;)

All the signs are pointing towards Q1 of 2019, but the flip side of that is, whenever everyone is expecting the market to go up, i.e. BAKKT (delayed), ETF approval, yearly consensus, wall street bonuses, etc etc etc, nothing ever happens. I think the bull market is gonna be something that takes everyone by surprise and will (hopefully) happen when nobody is expecting it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Caracappa said:

They will do so when they get the green light from the big accumulating entities. They're just not ready yet for a bull market. Same with postponing ETF approval, it's all about timing the moment of reversal and the bullish signal will be a massive and multiple at once. ;)

This. People think institutions just do a single mouse click to buy their entire position. They wait for a buying range and average in.  Just remember: institutions buy low and sell high.  Trade secret.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

This. People think institutions just do a single mouse click to buy their entire position. They wait for a buying range and average in.  Just remember: institutions buy low and sell high.  Trade secret.

Institutions are also generally doing more long term investments instead of quick profits. Let's hope they maintain that pattern in Crypto, in the process reducing volatility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Caracappa said:

They will do so when they get the green light from the big accumulating entities. They're just not ready yet for a bull market. Same with postponing ETF approval, it's all about timing the moment of reversal and the bullish signal will be a massive and multiple at once. ;)

This is a joke?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Institutions are also generally doing more long term investments instead of quick profits. Let's hope they maintain that pattern in Crypto, in the process reducing volatility.

Here's a great conversation about this very topic of institutions having discipline on buying low, having zero emotion (you can do that as an institution), and holding for positions for multiple years (versus the typical irrational and emotional retail investor) : https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypJdOWLnbYGW?t=537 (I've cued up the interesting conversation)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 12/14/2018 at 10:34 AM, Hodor said:

was thinking the same thing! 

I don’t think Ripple wants this. Accepting no action letter from SEC is basically admitting that XRP is a security. The class action lawsuit can basically point to it as evidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.