Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Western Union Works with TerraPay to Expand Payout Options to Millions of Mobile Wallets

Western Union is too big to adapt to this new tech.  We need the smaller FIs to leverage this tech to either get Western Union to take a big risk and onboard or remain with their legacy solution and bleed out their market share to smaller more adaptable competitors over the coming years.

17 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

Western Union is too big to adapt to this new tech.  We need the smaller FIs to leverage this tech to either get Western Union to take a big risk and onboard or remain with their legacy solution and bleed out their market share to smaller more adaptable competitors over the coming years.

This

btw look at their website https://corporate.westernunion.com/leadership.html . Is that our saviour himself ? 

1 hour ago, deBereboot said:

This

btw look at their website https://corporate.westernunion.com/leadership.html . Is that our saviour himself ? 

I did not expect to see so many seemingly non-native to the West C-level executive at Western Union.  I guess that's to be expected with the global presence they have.

You mean to use Ripple's products?  I think SBI will be our savior at least initially. Western Union is like Swift...they think they don't need Ripple because they are so big..and they are too set in their ways with a lot of overhead and legacy optimization...they will only use Ripple as a last resort, IMO.

Edited by enrique11

My recollection is dots have not been contacted. But I feel ripple is working this market. Possibly through mojoloups  people and ilp. Would be nice  to see tech like mpesa be ilp enabled

21 hours ago, enrique11 said:

I did not expect to see so many seemingly non-native to the West C-level executive at Western Union.  I guess that's to be expected with the global presence they have.

You mean to use Ripple's products?  I think SBI will be our savior at least initially. Western Union is like Swift...they think they don't need Ripple because they are so big..and they are too set in their ways with a lot of overhead and legacy optimization...they will only use Ripple as a last resort, IMO.

Agree there completely.

What I meant was that it seems sort of hypocrite how it is projected when looking up on their website. WU being a dinosaur, corporate wise, pretending to be saving the world while actually charging a fricking premium to transfer a mere 50 dollar. Then not to mention how they handled the sandbox trial with Ripple saying it hardly was something that would save them costs although then again charging less fees is not something the stakeholders would agree with.

Wouldn't surprise me when indeed they will join Ripplenet. They do have a lot of brick and mortar to uphold though. their problem.

Sign in to follow this