Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
baobeiiiii

Wanting to jump in, a few Q's

Recommended Posts

howdy do,

am wanting to jump on the xrp bandwagon with a buy of 20,000 xrp. I won't be able to get any teeth in the game till March next year though. If it's above 0.5 dollars i think i'll just find another investment. At that price I can't buy enough xrp to make it worthwhile. 

Does anyone think this will be too late for a good price? 

From what I understand about xrp, Ripple are going to keep released xrp into the market, would that keep prices low? Also i'm not too sure of the upside as utility will take a long time and it's all speculation atm. I personally think bitcoin will drop in 2019 so that should keep xrp down. 

Edited by baobeiiiii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I'll offer some advice. Nobody knows. If you look at the charts, we were booming this time last year. 

We don't know when this will take off permanently. It could be next year. It could be in 10 years. It could never happen (obviously, I think it will). 

Invest in chunks and test the market. If you're ready to risk 6k for 20k XRP, be prepared to stomach the roller coaster in prices. The people who made money here have bought, held tight and placed targets and goals on when to exit. Good luck. Oh, and don't forget taxes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 6:11 AM, baobeiiiii said:

howdy do,

am wanting to jump on the xrp bandwagon with a buy of 20,000 xrp. I won't be able to get any teeth in the game till March next year though. If it's above 0.5 dollars i think i'll just find another investment. At that price I can't buy enough xrp to make it worthwhile. 

Does anyone think this will be too late for a good price? 

From what I understand about xrp, Ripple are going to keep released xrp into the market, would that keep prices low? Also i'm not too sure of the upside as utility will take a long time and it's all speculation atm. I personally think bitcoin will drop in 2019 so that should keep xrp down. 

diversify. 100 XRP @ .50 cents only costs $50. Even if XRP only climbed to $5 still gives you $450 profit. If you don't want $450, id take it off your hands for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can never have enough of something you like. The way I read your question is that you are trying to time the market.

Do your research and if you decide that you would you like to have some skin in the game start buying now. Waiting to go in using at least a big meaningful splash makes as little sense to me as constantly postponing the purchase of a product because next year's version might be faster and or cheaper.

Who knows, you might make more money from 1000 XRP today in the next 6 months than you might make from 19000 XRP the following year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 2019 is good, trend will not change in few months...

If you're lucky, you'll grab some Zerp for less than 0.10, we're not far from a real nose ground (just my assumption).

My next buy zone is around 0.05

The only advice I'll give you is : stay away from internet (especially price prediction forum), don't use money you can't loose and buy as cheap as possible, keep your coins as long as possible (at least 2, 3 years)

Good luck and welcome in the game :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Thomas666 said:

March 2019 is good, trend will not change in few months...

If you're lucky, you'll grab some Zerp for less than 0.10, we're not far from a real nose ground (just my assumption).

My next buy zone is around 0.05

The only advice I'll give you is : stay away from internet (especially price prediction forum), don't use money you can't loose and buy as cheap as possible, keep your coins as long as possible (at least 2, 3 years)

Good luck and welcome in the game :)

thanks, it's March as that's when i'll free up capital to have investment money. I'm torn between XLM and XRP though. 0.05 is quite ambitious... if it gets that low, doesn't that mean that this is a failed project?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 12/15/2018 at 1:42 AM, baobeiiiii said:

thanks, it's March as that's when i'll free up capital to have investment money. I'm torn between XLM and XRP though. 0.05 is quite ambitious... if it gets that low, doesn't that mean that this is a failed project?

I think many believe there will be a bitcoin death that will drag the market down significantly before any recovery of valid cryptos. That’s just one scenario if many possible ones being hypothesised. Truth us, NOBODY knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should make a cash flow plan and try to dollar cost average your way in.  The big buys, all at once,  are where people tend to get burned.

It certainly could go down to single cents or even lower if Bitcoin drags us all down, and if there haven't been any production level usages.  By the same token Satander could fire up full steam XRapid tomorrow and xrp could boom.  By March I expect that the long awaited SBI will be just starting to have an effect that could be very large too.  Other nice things are also on the near horizon.  Whether it plays out that way is unknown.  Hell,  even full steam XRapid might not have the effect we hope for.

So if you can spread your buys at amounts you can afford to loose between now and March I think you will have maximised opportunity and minimised your risk.  You may pay a premium over waiting,  but that's only in the down scenario...   and the up scenario is at least just as likely I think.

As for which coin....that's a matter of evaluation that you must make.  I have a few CSC and a few XLM,  but my hope for retirement is really resting on XRP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, baobeiiiii said:

Cant dollar cost average my way in as March is when have funds freed up.

If it were me I would be calculating what interest charge would be incurred if I borrowed.  

Assuming of course that the funds are essentially guaranteed,  and allowing for the possibility of the wheels falling off.  

Just a thought...  I hate debt and really don't encourage people to use it....    but it is a tool to be used if warranted and safe to do so.

Be aware that I am a bit of an idiot,  and that this is not financial advice because only a fool would do the things I have done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...