Prediction: Start Of XRP No.1 (And BTC Death) This Week

9 hours ago, XRP-JAG said:

I’m on the mobile, so will keep this short...

After some reading, and some hints, I’m going to predict that this Friday (14th Dec 2018) is the beginning of the end for Bitcoin.

The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is currently ongoing in Poland. In this particular one they should be announcing the steps to be taken to honour the 2015 Paris agreement, to come into force 2020.

A rather recent study has come out, which says Bitcoin alone could be a major obstacle, with an energy usage equivalent to Ireland.

I think that on Friday there will be an announcement of intention to either curb (or maybe even ban) Proof Of Work for 2020. Obviously such an announcement will have massive implications for the market. Could be a market wide crash, or more optimistically, a quick pivot towards pre-mined, Proof Of Stake etc. 

Hodl on :D

I doubt BTC will fall on Friday

HODL, yes of course.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m on the mobile, so will keep this short... After some reading, and some hints, I’m going to predict that this Friday (14th Dec 2018) is the beginning of the end for Bitcoin. The United Na

"After some reading, and some hints" should have just stopped there and not post this drivel

OK, great news. So then for sure XRP dies along! If you hadn't noticed, we're still in the same ratio to BTC as a year ago or so.

8 hours ago, mrhat75 said:

Wall Street is going to make sure they profit from BTC.  BTC isn't going to die any time soon.  XRP will surpass it I think, but it won't die.

Wall Street hasn't really invested in BTC at all.. Except for a few speculators, institutional money hasn't taken a position in crypto in general...

39 minutes ago, ed1 said:

Wall Street hasn't really invested in BTC at all.. Except for a few speculators, institutional money hasn't taken a position in crypto in general...

203,000 BTC: Grayscale Investments Now Holds Over 1% of Bitcoin's Circulating Supply

... Notably, Grayscale’s management team had said that “new investment” into its products continued to remain “strong” - as it raised $81.1 million during Q3 2018. The majority of investments (59%) have come from institutional clients. ...

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2018/12/btc-grayscale-investments-now-holds-over-bitcoin-circulating-supply/

Edited by bryce
1 hour ago, bryce said:

203,000 BTC: Grayscale Investments Now Holds Over 1% of Bitcoin's Circulating Supply 

... Notably, Grayscale’s management team had said that “new investment” into its products continued to remain “strong” - as it raised $81.1 million during Q3 2018. The majority of investments (59%) have come from institutional clients. ...

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2018/12/btc-grayscale-investments-now-holds-over-bitcoin-circulating-supply/

Well, that's about 800M USD, so let's say that all firms/funds together invested 2-2.5 billion in total. The investments made and managed by wall st. in all asset classes goes way over 10 Trillion dollars. So their crypto involvement is peanuts in comparison to the portfolio in other asset classes. To claim that wall street wouldn't let bitcoin die is a bit outrageous at the very least. I don't think bitcoin will die anyway, but that won't be because wall street or any other institutional investor will stick their neck out for BTC.. Plus, it would actually be a very good thing for BTC mining to be restrained, the current mining operations are unsustainable from an environmental perspective. I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNFCCC suggests some sort of restriction/taxation on mining operations.

2 hours ago, bryce said:

Shrewd or careless? We will find out.

Edited by 2ndtimearound
1 hour ago, XRP-JAG said:

Never watched more than a few minutes, and that was enough! No idea how managed to babble on for quite so long about quite so little will remain a mystery.

Find 99% of youtubers incredibly tedious or painfully over the top and shouty. But then some are raking in decent ££ for it so 🤗

Bit of further reading for anybody who cares ;) (I'll leave the uneducated FUD brigade to saying 'nah', without any back up as to why...)

https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

And a White Paper on the UNFCCC website (who is meeting right now remember), which was published in April this year (https://unfccc.int/sites/default/files/resource/80_GVITalanoaWhitePaper.pdf)

image.thumb.png.4781b8c177f43ad872ff5d238ed342e3.png

We will see commitments by countries at the end of this week. May or may not involve Cryptocurrency.... but it's certainly a possibility. 

1 hour ago, XRP-JAG said:

Bit of further reading for anybody who cares ;) (I'll leave the uneducated FUD brigade to saying 'nah', without any back up as to why...)

https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

And a White Paper on the UNFCCC website (who is meeting right now remember), which was published in April this year (https://unfccc.int/sites/default/files/resource/80_GVITalanoaWhitePaper.pdf)

image.thumb.png.4781b8c177f43ad872ff5d238ed342e3.png

We will see commitments by countries at the end of this week. May or may not involve Cryptocurrency.... but it's certainly a possibility. 

That power consumption and carbon footprint is not only staggering, but actually getting worse.

Bitcoin needs to be killed off.

It's current trajectory will likely make it the biggest man made disaster of the 21st century.

1 hour ago, Freaky said:

That power consumption and carbon footprint is not only staggering, but actually getting worse.

Bitcoin needs to be killed off.

It's current trajectory will likely make it the biggest man made disaster of the 21st century.

I posted this for discussion the /r/bitcoin subreddit... they don't seem to wanna talk about it