Sign in to follow this  
GiddyUp

XRP’s New Position on R3’s Payments App Could Propel it Much Higher

48 minutes ago, panmores said:

In what ways does Corda compete directly with the Ripple Ledger and RippleNet solutions?

In simple term, I would imagine it's no different than two restaurants that use beef as a raw ingredient. Both must prepare and present their finished product to customers.

I can't give Corda or RippleNet specifics because I'm not knowledgeable enough but xrp would be a raw ingredient. Ripple and R3 serve it up and if it satisfies the customer, that a successful sale. 

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

In simple term, I would imagine it's no different than two restaurants that use beef as a raw ingredient. Both must prepare and present their finished product to customers.

Exactly, and the more platforms there are the less XRP depends on Ripple for success.

57 minutes ago, Trickery said:

Exactly, and the more platforms there are the less XRP depends on Ripple for success.

To steal a slogan from the beef industry...

XRP, it's what's for payments. 

Not sure some of you have ever even seen this.... 

Someone with skills could make a hell of a parody commercial for xrp.

@P3T3RIS

Edited by Guest

I’m holding judgement on R3. This is the same company that Ripple alleged (and basically proved) had misled them about the extent of their banking partnerships and ability to upsell Ripple’s solutions. 

I’m very glad the settlement occurred but if the settlement consisted of demanding R3 complete their part of the original bargain, then I’d want to see something more concrete and substantial for the amount of XRP promised to R3. 

R3 talk a big game. Let’s see them walk the talk.

1 hour ago, Cometome said:

Isn't R3 running out of money? If they haven't found any extra money, this could just be a desperate attempt at being relevant before they get shut down in a few months!

Me thinks this is another overhyped typical crypto "partnership"

http://amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/06/07/blockchain-firm-r3-is-running-out-of-money-sources-say

I've not seen anything new but a lot has obvious happened since June.

One interesting thing, but it may not even be relevant. Ripple had always considered xrp part of their plan. R3 gave Ripple and xrp the cold shoulder or that's what appears to have been the case with the xrp deal. Now, R3 is embracing xrp again. This could have been by pressure from members of the R3 consortium or a move to increase demand for R3 solutions. 

Nobody really want a reinvention of SWIFT so solutions that are in demand need to include a mechanism for settlement. 

Edited by Guest

SBI invested 107 million in R3, that is probably what saved them. SBI VC exchange, SBI and SBI Ripple seem to have big plans, Corda must fit in this puzzle somehow.

Bcash has backfired quite dramatically for SBI, and that could be really good for the XRP ledger.

Japanese financial services company SBI Holdings will partner with software firm R3 to expand local use of its Corda blockchain platform, Cointelegraph Japan reported Dec. 5.

SBI is also deeply entrenched in XRP, its joint money transfer operation SBI Ripple Asia gaining Japanese regulatory approval in September.

William Suberg Dec 06 2018.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/sbi-holdings-r3-embark-on-joint-venture-to-boost-corda-blockchain-use-in-asia

Edited by mandelbaum

13 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

Bcash has backfired quite dramatically for SBI... 

I'm not so sure about this. SBIBits and nChain announced a partnership this time last year. I've not heard anything since, good or bad. 

Edited by Guest