Zerpster

Be cautious with your buy orders

1 hour ago, itcdominic said:

I always wonder how long a thread like this runs before someone uses this line.  I've heard it a lot over the last year.  And by a lot, I mean 50-60 times.

And just FYI....most of the time they are wrong.

I however,  am such a believer and HODL'er that I continue to buy, and buy, and buy.

I think it was a joke ;D

No relation to Zerptime. I have been in this community for about a year and chime in from time to time when I foresee dark clouds forming. 

My concern about Institutional investors is real and they are not going to agree that anything under .50 is a steal. They are the real thieves and will make sure they enter and will make a profit or sit out. 

Retail have emotions they don’t. XRP is the real deal and ripple is the real platform for xborder payments. They will enter soon when they feel we are near bottom but not before the SEC decision is finalized. No trader is going to risk their career on a big bet with that decision unresolved. 

Here is how I see it play out BTC will be manipulated down to sub 3k XRP will follow breaking sub .2. Big volume will be an indicator of Inst. investment. Things remain flat until the SEC decision if favorable then we take off. 

Remember DYOR and good luck. 

9 hours ago, mariusthegreat said:

The whole space is wrought with fraud and deception.

Can you really see Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan, logging onto to their Bittrex account to buy crypto's, lol.... Not going to happen for a very long time.

That's because the big firms, like Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Bear Sterns, Lehman Brothers (ad nauseam), only invest in solid investments that never put their clients or their firms at a significant risk of loss.

43 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Xrp is likely out of gas at this point. Those who benefited got in by early 2017.We can at least say we tried.  Should sell now before you wont be able to buy a stick of gum with it. We will never see prices this high again. 

XRP EOY price prediction

2 zerps = one stick of gum

I am a financial adviser. 

12 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

The big boys aren't using the retail exchanges - they're buying OTC.  GS and JPM will never use Bittrex because it's not a suitable place - Bittrex won't have enough crypto to give them - they buy wholesale at predictable prices off the exchanges. 

Just a reminder: buy low, sell high = profit.  Many hedge fund managers will be very interested in crypto at current prices.  Rekt retail traders who bought at the ATH are going to be bitter about the market, but even they should profit if they're willing to hold on for another 12 months or so (is my guess).  National virtual currencies won't replace XRP - XRP is a bridge asset.  Other cryptos have specific use cases that a virtual currency that replaces a fiat currency can't help with.  Yes, most cryptos will go to zero.  Hedge fund managers aren't going to invest in sh!tcoins, they're not stupid.  The cream will rise to the top.  Don't let the bear market get to you.  These are good buying times.  The future is looking good from where I'm standing.

I was thinking....if the big boys afraid of buying on exchanges, they should also be afraid of buying OTC, and even more afraid of playing "dirty hand" by buying OTC and lowering exchange prices......I believe institutional investors didn't enter this space at all yet! All the manipulation you are describing is probably done by some mid tier whales (still retail or shady institutions) 100 million dollars is enough money to move the markets now, institutions don't want to risk it all over some 100 mil, they are the billion dollar players, millions are for amateurs! HODL ! We are graduating! Losers are going Home! - The Winners stay; and FcuK the prom queen !!! :girl_hospital:

7 hours ago, Zerpster said:

Here is how I see it play out BTC will be manipulated down to sub 3k XRP will follow breaking sub .2. Big volume will be an indicator of Inst. investment. Things remain flat until the SEC decision if favorable then we take off.

Big institutions won't buy on exchanges - they'll buy OTC.  We can't know for sure how much they've bought already, but my guess (and all of us can only guess) is that they're averaging in and looking to hold long term.  They won't be looking at the very bottom...I don't believe the manipulation can be that mechanically co-ordinated, nor do I think all cryptos have that volume of supply ready for multiple institutions over a very short period of time.

One thing that's become obvious in recent weeks is that retail speculator sentiment has become utterly bitter and hateful to crypto.  Clearly, a lot of retail speculators never sold this year....they're pi55ed off.  That much is very clear.  

16 minutes ago, joe91 said:

I was thinking....if the big boys afraid of buying on exchanges, they should also be afraid of buying OTC, and even more afraid of playing "dirty hand" by buying OTC and lowering exchange prices......I believe institutional investors didn't enter this space at all yet! All the manipulation you are describing is probably done by some mid tier whales (still retail or shady institutions) 100 million dollars is enough money to move the markets now, institutions don't want to risk it all over some 100 mil, they are the billion dollar players, millions are for amateurs! HODL ! We are graduating! Losers are going Home! - The Winners stay; and FcuK the prom queen !!! :girl_hospital:

Well, for sure a lot of trades have been made OTC this year:-

https://www.ccn.com/otc-is-much-larger-than-bitcoin-exchange-volume-where-real-whales-trade/

Just read an estimate from the TABB Group (in a $5,000 report) that OTC crypto markets exceed exchange volumes by 2-3x. That would mean 1 to 1.5 million BTC is traded OTC daily. Strange it’s not visible on the blockchain, which shows a meager 100,000 a day.

That was from July this year when prices were higher than now.

I don't believe big institutions will wait on the sidelines for rock bottom and make a single purchase there and then (there may not be the liquidity if all big players are waiting for that single moment).  

Edited by 2ndtimearound

7 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Well, for sure a lot of trades have been made OTC this year:-

https://www.ccn.com/otc-is-much-larger-than-bitcoin-exchange-volume-where-real-whales-trade/

That was from July this year when prices were higher than now.

I don't believe big institutions will wait on the sidelines for rock bottom and make a single purchase there and then (there may not be the liquidity if all big players are waiting for that single moment).  

I understand your point - that OTC market much bigger than exchanges - my point is that - it is still not institutions, but some retail whales, cause institutions without regulations would not want to engage in this, or manipulate such small market as this, some amateurs ( whales about to be slaughtered by bad fishing ships) doing this stuff now as you say - manipulating OTC market 1:10 to exchange market, but its peanuts! we are early as F**K, no one at the party yet, all Don Perignon is unopened on the tables - we are here to make business (just need to be cautious not to get drunk and fall on our face) I believe our Christmas Party will be wet and wild! we haven't seen anything Yet! :Laie_16::JC_PacMan::JC_out_cold:

1 hour ago, joe91 said:

I understand your point - that OTC market much bigger than exchanges - my point is that - it is still not institutions, but some retail whales, cause institutions without regulations would not want to engage in this, or manipulate such small market as this, some amateurs ( whales about to be slaughtered by bad fishing ships) doing this stuff now as you say - manipulating OTC market 1:10 to exchange market, but its peanuts! we are early as F**K, no one at the party yet, all Don Perignon is unopened on the tables - we are here to make business (just need to be cautious not to get drunk and fall on our face) I believe our Christmas Party will be wet and wild! we haven't seen anything Yet! :Laie_16::JC_PacMan::JC_out_cold:

Sure, we can only guess who's buying now OTC though we CAN know that hedge funds like Grayscale and Morgan Creek have been buying like crazy this year (they're open about it).  Yale have committed $400M to buying crypto....and I will sound like a broken record talking about Bakkt, Fidelity etc...point being that it's unlikely that regulations will somehow kill the market as so much infrastructure is being built for this market...I don't believe the SEC decisions are all "black box" - the smart money knows what's coming up...us small fish will never know - we're just here to sell low in panic and help drive the price down :D

Does anyone know when the next quarterly sales report is due out from Ripple? I'm buying more did a buy today and looking to wake up to lower prices tomorrow to load up more. This thing is going to turn around but who knows when it might even be at.10-05. or lower. It could also swing back up on a moments notice. I just know one thing I want a ton of XRP for when it goes back up.