Zerpster

Be cautious with your buy orders

7 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

This.  The innocence of many retail investors knows no bounds.  So many people have an innocent mindset and think this bear market is natural and simply retail traders getting bored of crypto.  Nothing of the sort.  Big institutions accumulating OTC (roughly 70% of trades), and timed dumps on exchanges to push the price down.  The crypto space is so easy to manipulate in this way.  You think Bakkt, Fidelity etc would be interested in this market if it was dying? What would be the point.  If people want to make money in this market, they have to think like the big guys and not let them get shaken out with innocent narratives.  If you want to be innocent, then don't believe the market is manipulated and let your weak hands click the sell button and move on.  Me, I'll be making a decent profit at some point next year.  Check your innocence at the door if you want to make a profit.

Any source on that? Or it's all just in your mind?Shouting manipulation everytime the price goes down is not a rational and healthy way of investing. 

32 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

The institutional investors haven't fully accumulated yet. If they're done, they'll signal the SEC to declare the crypto's they invested in to be what they are. ;)

Are you implying the SEC is knowingly and willfully withholding information from the public, and its actions are based on (financial) incentives/requests by large institutions? This would imply the SEC is corrupted to the core. 

Edited by Guest

I think both the SEC and the financial world need eachother. Corrupt? Hard to prove, so no. But where there is money involved there is always a form of 'cooperation'. Within legal boundaries timing something is not fraud persé I guess.

I liked the movie 'The Big Short' which portrays how to avoid the legal term 'corruption' and use legal boundaries to 'work together' to get the money where you want it to be. Destroying an economy in the process.

Edited by Caracappa

14 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I think both the SEC and the financial world need eachother. Corrupt? Hard to prove, so no. But where there is money involved there is always a form of 'cooperation'. Within legal boundaries timing something is not fraud persé I guess.

I liked the movie 'The Big Short' which portrays how to avoid the legal term 'corruption' and use legal boundaries to 'work together' to get the money where you want it to be. Destroying an economy in the process.

That makes sense, thanks. 

The Big Short is a good movie indeed. I watched it a long time ago, should go and see it again.

1 hour ago, Cometome said:

Any source on that? Or it's all just in your mind?Shouting manipulation everytime the price goes down is not a rational and healthy way of investing. 

Even if we take the innocent view that there's no manipulation in an unregulated market, we can see infrastructure being setup for institutional investment coming soon.  Even if it's just highly convenient and lucky that institutions happen to be entering when prices are going to be super-low, we can see that the institutional investment itself will likely make the market rebound.  Having said that, it would take extreme naïvety to hold such a view.  Are you one such person who thinks there's no manipulation, when in fact, it can happen with impunity, and the means to make it happen are readily available (buy off-exchange, sell on exchange)?

@Cometome To even further back @2ndtimearound 's claim, read Clayton's statement on the approval of a crypto ETF. He addresses the issue of manipulation on exchanges. In order for the SEC to consider approving a crypto ETF, the issue of manipulation needs to be resolved in one way or another. 

https://www.coindesk.com/clayton-sec-ico-funding-security-offering

Edited by Guest

No fund manager in their right mind would invest in a crypto currency. I am pretty sure the mainstream investment banks are ******* themselves laugh at the likes of Michael Novogratz and others. Utter madness.

The whole space is wrought with fraud and deception.

Can you really see Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan, logging onto to their Bittrex account to buy crypto's, lol.... Not going to happen for a very long time.

Once countries convert their currency to a fully digital interchangle unit of their crypto currency, then and only then will a tiny proprtion of crypto currencies be allowed, and even then they will not be used for purchases as that is the right of a sovereign nation/sovereign crypto currency.

A lot of big dreams in here, nothing wrong with that, but one should not lose sight of the perspective-reality.

Ask yourselves the question What is the underlying value of XRP (think we all know) then ask about the others, many if not at least 90% are junk. 

XRP is a serious asset in a un-serious market.

38 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Even if we take the innocent view that there's no manipulation in an unregulated market, we can see infrastructure being setup for institutional investment coming soon.  Even if it's just highly convenient and lucky that institutions happen to be entering when prices are going to be super-low, we can see that the institutional investment itself will likely make the market rebound.  Having said that, it would take extreme naïvety to hold such a view.  Are you one such person who thinks there's no manipulation, when in fact, it can happen with impunity, and the means to make it happen are readily available (buy off-exchange, sell on exchange)?

People have been saying institutions are just around the corner for the past year! That's just blind hope that if they come suddenly the price is gonna up!

And these mysterious entities that is doing the 'manipulation" do they only know how suppress the price? Don't they can also manipulate the price to be higher too? You can make money both ways! Why did nobody shout manipulation in January? Do you think crypto prices including xrp in January was justified with no manipulation whatsoever?

@mariusthegreat You seem to be quite bitter because of the current bear market. Moreover, you don't see a future for cryptocurrencies in the foreseeable future. What made you invest in crypto in the first place? 

There certainly is a lot of hopium being spread over the internet, I won't deny that. But I do think your view is overly pessimistic. The truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle. 

2 hours ago, Cometome said:

People have been saying institutions are just around the corner for the past year! That's just blind hope that if they come suddenly the price is gonna up!

And these mysterious entities that is doing the 'manipulation" do they only know how suppress the price? Don't they can also manipulate the price to be higher too? You can make money both ways! Why did nobody shout manipulation in January? Do you think crypto prices including xrp in January was justified with no manipulation whatsoever?

Bakkt launches their exchange on 24th Jan 2019.  Fidelity, ErisX and TD Ameritrade launch exchanges in the 1st quarter of 2019.  NASDAQ launches their BTC futures on the 1st quarter of 2019.  The only unknown is the final decision on the BTC ETF which is made in 27th February 2019.  Even so, all the aforementioned exchanges WILL launch regardless of the ETF decision and institutions will have plenty of ways to safely buy and store crypto via custodial services with insurance and assurances (that's what's preventing them trade in the first place). 

From your comment, I take it you weren't aware of all the news I've just mentioned.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

8 minutes ago, PactaSuntServanda said:

@mariusthegreat You seem to be quite bitter because of the current bear market. Moreover, you don't see a future for cryptocurrencies in the foreseeable future. What made you invest in crypto in the first place? 

There certainly is a lot of hopium being spread over the internet, I won't deny that. But I do think your view is overly pessimistic. The truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle. 

These are the same people who buy at the top and are the cheerleaders of crypto at that time.  They base everything on emotion.  If XRP is 90%+ of its ATH, it's "bad", if it's near its ATH, they are prime candidates for CNBC's lesson on where and how to buy XRP.  Same old same old.  They are a good contrarian signal for assets that have a solid future like XRP. 

1 minute ago, 2ndtimearound said:

These are the same people who buy at the top and are the cheerleaders of crypto at that time.  They base everything on emotion.  If XRP is 90%+ of its ATH, it's "bad", if it's near its ATH, they are prime candidates for CNBC's lesson on where and how to buy XRP.  Same old same old.  They are a good contrarian signal for assets that have a solid future like XRP. 

And while many are focused on the speculative and currently pointless crypto market and the price, Ripple is piece by piece moving forward on the chessboard.

I believe Ripple intentionally doesn't want to put the label 'Powered by Ripple' on everything thats happening. A backbone of IoV is supposed to run out of the spotlight, and in the background, just like we don't report we run Microsoft, Linux and TCP/IP in our company.

Interledger, Hyperledger, R3, SAP, Temenos, Mojaloop etc. You name it, they are in it, or at least soon to be connected to it all. Move the pieces while competition is looking in the other direction, one by one build up a network of correspondent banks around te world, and then... boom, checkmate.

1 minute ago, Caracappa said:

And while many are focused on the speculative and currently pointless crypto market and the price, Ripple is piece by piece moving forward on the chessboard.

I believe Ripple intentionally doesn't want to put the label 'Powered by Ripple' on everything thats happening. A backbone of IoV is supposed to run out of the spotlight, and in the background, just like we don't report we run Microsoft, Linux and TCP/IP in our company.

Interledger, Hyperledger, R3, SAP, Temenos, Mojaloop etc. You name it, they are in it, or at least soon to be connected to it all. Move the pieces while competition is looking in the other direction, one by one build up a network of correspondent banks around te world, and then... boom, checkmate.

The public only look at the current price, and judge everything on that. 

Current low price + solid news/infrastructure being put in place = lots of potential upside in the future. 

Current high price +  hype and whitepaper promises  = extreme likelihood of getting REKT.

Most people get excited about the latter, "because price".  

If XRP had a tenth of the good news they had this year, but the price was $6, everyone would be raving about XRP as an incredible asset (yet that price would have been created by speculation alone).  As it is, we have a ton of good news and a low price.  This is an opportunity.

2 hours ago, mariusthegreat said:

No fund manager in their right mind would invest in a crypto currency. I am pretty sure the mainstream investment banks are ******* themselves laugh at the likes of Michael Novogratz and others. Utter madness.

The whole space is wrought with fraud and deception.

Can you really see Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan, logging onto to their Bittrex account to buy crypto's, lol.... Not going to happen for a very long time.

Once countries convert their currency to a fully digital interchangle unit of their crypto currency, then and only then will a tiny proprtion of crypto currencies be allowed, and even then they will not be used for purchases as that is the right of a sovereign nation/sovereign crypto currency.

A lot of big dreams in here, nothing wrong with that, but one should not lose sight of the perspective-reality.

Ask yourselves the question What is the underlying value of XRP (think we all know) then ask about the others, many if not at least 90% are junk. 

XRP is a serious asset in a un-serious market.

The big boys aren't using the retail exchanges - they're buying OTC.  GS and JPM will never use Bittrex because it's not a suitable place - Bittrex won't have enough crypto to give them - they buy wholesale at predictable prices off the exchanges. 

Just a reminder: buy low, sell high = profit.  Many hedge fund managers will be very interested in crypto at current prices.  Rekt retail traders who bought at the ATH are going to be bitter about the market, but even they should profit if they're willing to hold on for another 12 months or so (is my guess).  National virtual currencies won't replace XRP - XRP is a bridge asset.  Other cryptos have specific use cases that a virtual currency that replaces a fiat currency can't help with.  Yes, most cryptos will go to zero.  Hedge fund managers aren't going to invest in sh!tcoins, they're not stupid.  The cream will rise to the top.  Don't let the bear market get to you.  These are good buying times.  The future is looking good from where I'm standing.

11 hours ago, vrippled said:

We'll never see prices this low again

I always wonder how long a thread like this runs before someone uses this line.  I've heard it a lot over the last year.  And by a lot, I mean 50-60 times.

And just FYI....most of the time they are wrong.

I however,  am such a believer and HODL'er that I continue to buy, and buy, and buy.