Honeytime

Jed McCaleb & XRP

4 hours ago, Kiwi said:

I wonder why those who says that Ripple dumping their stash on public exchanges  is good for xrp ecosystem, but when Jed is doing exactly the same thing it is not okey.

It is literally the same thing. 

We should praise Jed for helping Ripple building ecosystem. /sarcasm off

Well it's perhaps about where the $$$ goes after selling... building the XRP ecosystem? 

9 hours ago, Skippy said:

Well it's perhaps about where the $$$ goes after selling... building the XRP ecosystem? 

Why does it matter where it go? One of main arguments for those who support ripple dumping on public exchanges is to make xrp disperse.

Thats what Jed does.

33 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Why does it matter where it go? One of main arguments for those who support ripple dumping on public exchanges is to make xrp disperse.

Thats what Jed does.

Well, if it goes into the XRP and Ripple ecosystem, it means the ecosystem is going to grow and hopefuly lead to price appriciation. If Jed uses his money from sales to promote the ecosystem and pay Ripple programers, marketing departement and everything that goes with it, no one would complain about it.

14 hours ago, Skippy said:

It’s Development work, it’s marketing, it’s expansions into new markets like Brazil,  it’s growth.  So yes, the XRP Echo system.   

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, my first post on this community.

Don't you guys think the biggest concern of the XRP future adoption, price etc is that 3% of the total supply is in the hand of one man? And that man can be hostile to the whole project.

If XRP ever will go above 100$, that would make Jed McCaleb richest man on the world, many more time richer than richest man today.

Edited by Canducus

6 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

At one point, Jed had donated a significant amount of XRP to some type of charity. In his agreement with Ripple, he won't sell XRP if that charity is selling. Either he can sell XRP or the charity, but neither at the same time. The charity was selling so Jed stopped. Once the charity stopped, he resumed. 

There is no reason to speculate on hidden agendas or secret plans. Both Jed and Ripple have moved on. 

Wow, Tiff H is in the house!! Haven't seen you around here in a minute chic.

1 hour ago, Canducus said:

Hi everyone, my first post on this community.

Don't you guys think the biggest concern of the XRP future adoption, price etc is that 3% of the total supply is in the hand of one man? And that man can be hostile to the whole project.

If XRP ever will go above 100$, that would make Jed McCaleb richest man on the world, many more time richer than richest man today.

Jed McCaleb, Ripple Labs Strike Deal to Avoid 9 Billion XRP Sell-Off. This outlines the constructs of Jed's XRP sales deal with Ripple

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

At one point, Jed had donated a significant amount of XRP to some type of charity. In his agreement with Ripple, he won't sell XRP if that charity is selling. Either he can sell XRP or the charity, but neither at the same time. The charity was selling so Jed stopped. Once the charity stopped, he resumed. 

There is no reason to speculate on hidden agendas or secret plans. Both Jed and Ripple have moved on. 

How do you know all this? Agreement, charity sells, etc... Just curious

Edited by AlvaroXRP

2 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

How do you know all this? Agreement, charity sells, etc... Just curious

I made a hypocrite out of myself and asked him directly. I don't think what other people do with their crypto is anybody else's business and I am disappointed in myself for not maintaining that same position with Jed.

23 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

I made a hypocrite out of myself and asked him directly. I don't think what other people do with their crypto is anybody else's business and I am disappointed in myself for not maintaining that same position with Jed.

You're needed around here to bust through some FUD. Thanks for chiming in. 

On 6/14/2019 at 12:49 AM, Skippy said:

Out of curiosity, how much money do you think are needed to build a proper XRP ecosystem? Let's say developers working on the XRPL, development of xRapid and incentivizing customers to use it etc.

6 hours ago, iLeeT said:

Out of curiosity, how much money do you think are needed to build a proper XRP ecosystem? Let's say developers working on the XRPL, development of xRapid and incentivizing customers to use it etc.

How should I know, the more the better eh?  ...infinity?

Assuming Jed is genuine in his desire to help the charity.....   I wonder what advice he gave them about their selling strategy?

It would be very interesting to hear what he thinks about long term prospects.  @TiffanyHayden did he say anything along those lines to you that you are free to share?

( I understand it’s a private conversation and maybe it didn’t touch that topic,  and maybe it’s not for public consumption. ) 

It might also be a case of the need is urgent so the charity doesn’t have the luxury of waiting....    Just wondering...