AlibabaGrp

If XRP was a security (good outcome)

If court decides XRP was a security in 2017 and is no longer a security in 2018 because of XRP decentralization and changing logo etc, Ripple would possibly give U.S investors their loss and they could offer to pay in XRPs. So some could potentially double, triple their bags

We don't need even more disappointed people dumping their bags and I can't even imagine the rage from all the non-US investors, because Ripple gives away free XRP to random people.

Edited by DavyJones

43 minutes ago, DavyJones said:

We don't need even more disappointed people dumping their bags and I can't even imagine the rage from all the non-US investors, because Ripple gives away free XRP to random people.

It's a possible outcome. No one cares what you need or what you don't need. If they don't give xrps, they'll just sell xrps to pay the penalties lol. You think Brad's gonna work 80hrs a week to pay back dozens of millions from his own pocket?

There's nothing anyone can do. Only court and legal system will decide the outcome

3 hours ago, AlibabaGrp said:

If court decides XRP was a security in 2017 and is no longer a security in 2018 because of XRP decentralization and changing logo etc, Ripple would possibly give U.S investors their loss and they could offer to pay in XRPs. So some could potentially double, triple their bags

No just no. Ripple being found liable for securities fraud and having to refund "investors" money would become an albatross around Ripple's neck for a looong time to come. Nothing good comes of this, even if your bag was tripled it wouldn't matter because of the massive dilution and devaluation that would surely follow.

2 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

No just no. Ripple being found liable for securities fraud and having to refund "investors" money would become an albatross around Ripple's neck for a looong time to come. Nothing good comes of this, even if your bag was tripled it wouldn't matter because of the massive dilution and devaluation that would surely follow.

No, it'll be over. Was a security, no longer is. Pays fines, the end. Ripple had problems with fincent. All big companies have had legal issues, they solve them, pay fines, barabeem barabooom done.

9 minutes ago, AlibabaGrp said:

No, it'll be over. Was a security, no longer is. Pays fines, the end. Ripple had problems with fincent. All big companies have had legal issues, they solve them, pay fines, barabeem barabooom done.

The FINCEN issue was because of not complying with KYC/AML laws, and it was more of a technicality and point of view than anything, based on what I read I'm willing to bet if you asked the leadership at Ripple privately they would say they weren't at fault there, but that aside I don't think any declaration of Ripple ever having been a security is good for anyone and I don't believe it would be over quickly. There is no way to know for sure what these losses would total, but I'm willing to bet it could total in the billions of dollars. I don't know of any companies that are going to write a multi-billion dollar check without question and take it in stride. Money aside it would distract the company and leadership heavily.

Also, keep in mind there is a difference between fines imposed by a Government agency and losses / damages to individuals. The losses and damages to individuals would be litigated in civil court and while I'm not a lawyer the thought of liability for "pain and suffering" would worry me. Imagine "My wife left me because I lost our home betting on XRP at $3.80 and its all Ripple's fault"

Edited by slinuxuzer

7 hours ago, DannyRipple said:

Exactly, It looks like this thread is about that!!!

Sure. It makes no sense, but could happen like the author described. The market is irrational and if it happens there will be an ArmaJEDdon 2.0. This would be the best time to buy more.

3 hours ago, DavyJones said:

Sure. It makes no sense, but could happen like the author described

Hummm...not so sure about actually. Don't forget there are powerfull Ripple shareholders/XRP holders outside the US (Kitao &Co.): Do you really think they would support such a solution?

15 hours ago, slinuxuzer said:

"My wife left me because I lost our home betting on XRP at $3.80 and its all Ripple's fault"

would depend on the dates bought no?

march6.JPG.0a7576cfdf36019f846914b2d220372c.JPG

3 hours ago, Yodaxrp said:

Hummm...not so sure about actually. Don't forget there are powerfull Ripple shareholders/XRP holders outside the US (Kitao &Co.): Do you really think they would support such a solution?

No, I think that giving away free XRP to disappointed US-investors would be in the top 5 of the dumbest things to do if XRP was a security (but no longer is). That doesn't mean it can't happen.