Sign in to follow this  
FreedomGundam

Where to find the Legit info of XRP Market Cap

This is one of those things where there's just not a right or wrong answer, in my opinion.  I am deeply, deeply bullish on XRP and I am massively admiring of the related ecosytem of companies like Ripple and Coil.  But I understand the criticism of calculating the market cap for XRP the way Ripple Labs and most deeply pro-XRP want to calculate it. I think it's awesome that Yahoo and Forbes Crypto are on board with the preferred calculation, but that doesn't mean I don't get the counter position. So, there's no objective source for this information; just market information and it boils down to your position on the matter.  For me, it's really not important.  If XRP has an actual use - like it does - rather than a theoretical use case like so many others, while I want XRP to be the king of the hill, I don't necessarily tether long-term value to current market cap.  Yes, I get the issue of liquidity needed for larger transactions via Xrapid and such, but what metric we use to calculate market cap really seems immaterial to me.  I do like seeing it at the number 2 spot and will like it even more when it's #1.  I do not look forward to all the BS squabbling that will occur when XRP is #1 by market cap based on the preferred formula but not on the other.  

Edited by lysistrada

6 hours ago, XRPfan_Eelco said:

Just out of curiosity; what does it matter?

2 reasons:

One, less important, is the psychological, where people see it as one of the top DA miles apart from the third and the right way to calculate the MC anyway.

second, more importantly, is because a lot of funds like Bloomberg crypto funds and some others are based on MC. More MC means higher investment percentage allocated to XRP.

1 hour ago, lysistrada said:

This is one of those things where there's just not a right or wrong answer, in my opinion.  I am deeply, deeply bullish on XRP and I am massively admiring of the related ecosytem of companies like Ripple and Coil.  But I understand the criticism of calculating the market cap for XRP the way Ripple Labs and most deeply pro-XRP want to calculate it. I think it's awesome that Yahoo and Forbes Crypto are on board with the preferred calculation, but that doesn't mean I don't get the counter position. So, there's no objective source for this information; just market information and it boils down to your position on the matter.  For me, it's really not important.  If XRP has an actual use - like it does - rather than a theoretical use case like so many others, while I want XRP to be the king of the hill, I don't necessarily tether long-term value to current market cap.  Yes, I get the issue of liquidity needed for larger transactions via Xrapid and such, but what metric we use to calculate market cap really seems immaterial to me.  I do like seeing it at the number 2 spot and will like it even more when it's #1.  I do not look forward to all the BS squabbling that will occur when XRP is #1 by market cap based on the preferred formula but not on the other.  

The more that time goes by and a use case gets fulfilled, the more the volume and liquidity justify the Ripple Labs calculation. Theirs is an endgame calculation, which is kinda heartening to see for all of us in the middle.

19 hours ago, XRPfan_Eelco said:

Just out of curiosity; what does it matter?

I do agree it is cool and deserved to be above ETH. And the target is definitely to be the no1 digital asset/crypto currency. But whether it needs to be reflected via a MarketCap...  I prefer to see the rise on the unit price instead .  :)

It's just for my personal satisfaction to know the truth.. To lend the Donald Trump quote I hate "fake news" IMO if it is "one" say it "one" if it is "100" say it "100"

23 hours ago, Brokedownpalace said:

The more that time goes by and a use case gets fulfilled, the more the volume and liquidity justify the Ripple Labs calculation. Theirs is an endgame calculation, which is kinda heartening to see for all of us in the middle.

That's a very good point, thank you.

Sign in to follow this