Plikk

Stay strong!

12 hours ago, PickleRick said:

Personally, I wouldn't be satisfied with only a few million. We all have our different targets. With only a few million, 30% or so of it is going to taxes. So now I'm left with a couple million. Then what? I buy some land, pay off remaining debts, buy a small business, and be left working again so I don't spend the remaining one million. Which will realistically only make me about $50k-$70k/year in interest from a diversified portfolio. Yawn.

I've always been a get rich or die trying person, and a few million just ain't "rich" enough for me. I want billions. That may not happen with my XRP holdings, but if I can reach my target, I can use that to catapult my way up to the three comma club.

Will I ***** and moan if I only make a few million? Probably not. Will I be satisfied? Not even remotely :) I just have wild needs and wants. Grandpa Rick is a greedy pickle.

Mostly, because I cannot effect change in the world on a large scale with only a few million. If I want to fly to a remote relocation that needs hospitals, and schools, and food and so on, I need to have a lot more capital to be able to truly change that location for the good. So on and so forth. I could rant for hours.

Holy crap. Billions 😲

Aim high i guess mate! I'd be over the moon happy with £500,000!

14 hours ago, tony71 said:

Mr Pickles I'm with you on this one.  Living in the US a few millions will not cut it for me.  I need over $100 million to live comfortably and I don't give a **** what other say if I'm greedy.  You have to be greedy

You can easily earn a pretty stable 8% yearly ROI on rental properties letting a management company do 95%+ of the work for you. 2-3 million would be more than enough to ensure you had very stable large income to live on and enough left over to keep growing your investments in higher yield areas that maybe are less stable day-to-day.

Sure I'd love to own a private jet, 16 super cars, and have a mansion. But I don't really need those things. $200k a year would be more than enough to live an extremely comfortable life.

Edited by gamedev368

5 minutes ago, gamedev368 said:

You can easily earn a pretty stable 8% yearly ROI on rental properties letting a management company do 95%+ of the work for you. 2-3 million would be more than enough to ensure you had very stable large income to live on and enough left over to keep growing your investments to fight off inflation.

Sure I'd love to own a private jet, 16 super cars, and have a mansion. But I don't really need those things. $200k a year would be more than enough to live an extremely comfortable life.

Also $200k a year doing absolutely nothing sounds really really nice to me at least. I could literally do anything I want!

11 minutes ago, gamedev368 said:

You can easily earn a pretty stable 8% yearly ROI on rental properties letting a management company do 95%+ of the work for you. 2-3 million would be more than enough to ensure you had very stable large income to live on and enough left over to keep growing your investments in higher yield areas that maybe are less stable day-to-day.

You should never let a third party handle your finances. You should seek advice but take matters to your own hands.

Buy property and rent it out. That way you will get a monthly steady income and own real estate. Incase hyper inflation ever occurs.

But why are we talking about this with XRP at 0.2 cents 😂😂😂

Edited by Staigera

5 minutes ago, Staigera said:

You should never let a third party handle your finances.

These aren't companies that manage your finances or choose what properties you buy. They simply handle tenants, take care of maintenance, do the day to day care on the property. Generally you can have them do as much or as little as you agree to. And they take a percentage of the rent in exchange.

Edited by gamedev368

19 minutes ago, QuizPops said:

Also $200k a year doing absolutely nothing sounds really really nice to me at least. I could literally do anything I want!

Yes even if I could only pull $50k a year. That would be plenty in my area. I'm a simple man. The ability to have to do nothing at all while I earn it is the real dream.

8 minutes ago, zenkert said:

You mean to earn it ? Doing nothing will be very, very boring in the long run :D

I mean i wouldn't just do nothing. I'd probably travel a lot within my means. Probably continue game development on my own indie games, but at my own slow pace and with no worry of success or failure or timeframe.