Plikk

Stay strong!

5 hours ago, Samiam1 said:

Oh Dear

Tony, $100 mill? I’m guessing your where born in 1971 placing you at 47 years old. Your biggest earning years are behind you. Im also guessing your have less that $100K to your name and you are daydreaming of the materialistic wealth XRP will give you?

I have 92K invested in crypto alone and with staggering losses, growing day by day, its safe to say I will not break even any year soon.

Good luck with a unrealistic target you will never reach.

Are you trading and buying more to lower your cost basis?

I've about tripled my xrp over the last couple months. Already steady now at a positive level.

People are going to make a **** load of money.

If/when it reaches at least $100 PPC (price per coin) I will make millions and millions.

I will buy every month along the way up.

My friends and family are buying even more lol.

If I get an inheritance within the next couple years, it should be at least $100k, and that is all going into xrp.

If only have monthly expenses of around $800-1,200. Everything else is going into xrp after I fund my 401k and Roth IRA.

3 hours ago, DividendGamer said:

Are you trading and buying more to lower your cost basis?

I've about tripled my xrp over the last couple months. Already steady now at a positive level.

People are going to make a **** load of money.

If/when it reaches at least $100 PPC (price per coin) I will make millions and millions.

I will buy every month along the way up.

My friends and family are buying even more lol.

If I get an inheritance within the next couple years, it should be at least $100k, and that is all going into xrp.

If only have monthly expenses of around $800-1,200. Everything else is going into xrp after I fund my 401k and Roth IRA.

How is your monthly expenses only 800-1200?  Are you eating cans of beans out of a tent in the woods?

13 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

How is your monthly expenses only 800-1200?  Are you eating cans of beans out of a tent in the woods?

I live in a small house in Jacksonville FL with my brother and the rent is only $550.

I have a paid off car, 2008 Toyota Corolla with around 87k miles on it in decent shape.

Payment was $221 a month, paid it off early, think about 9 months early.

We buy in bulk from BJ's, both like simple meals and sandwiches, pizza, spaghetti etc.

I don't drink alcohol that much, don't smoke. Don't drink coffee or soft drinks.

Cable/internet is $150, I only pay for half the internet cost since I don't watch cable TV, so my share is around $40.

Water/electricity bill is around $120-175, we split that.

Insurance is $138/month through Progressive.

I am very good at budgeting and personal finance etc. I have no debt.

I am going to school for a finance degree to be a financial advisor.

I trade and invest with stocks and forex too.

But lately have just been putting everything into xrp while it is still cheap.

43 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Well done on frugality.

Thanks, late start to finishing school at 31 but very happy with my living expenses and current situation.

Have the fortunate position of being able to save over 50% of my income each month, so that is going all into xrp.

Although I may take out a small student loan to make finishing school a lot faster, since I just pay for a couple classes each semester.

I would rather get A's in two classes than B's in three. 😀

But the loan would be very easy to pay back. Easily would be less than $300 a month.

10 hours ago, Samiam1 said:

Oh Dear

Tony, $100 mill? I’m guessing your where born in 1971 placing you at 47 years old. Your biggest earning years are behind you. Im also guessing your have less that $100K to your name and you are daydreaming of the materialistic wealth XRP will give you?

I have 92K invested in crypto alone and with staggering losses, growing day by day, its safe to say I will not break even any year soon.

Good luck with a unrealistic target you will never reach.

I'm actually pretty well off for my age.  Have 4 homes all paid off and they are in prime areas plus I do flips which makes me well over 400K a year.   Made my $$$$ mostly in the mid 90s with the dot.com stocks and now I'm betting big on crypto.    your 92K isn't much and just to make you feel better I did lose 300K with Lucent in the 90s but then again I made a whole lot more with Amzn and Google.    :-))

10 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Did you enjoy that?  Can you explain your need to belittle others?

I know people like him, they invested their whole life savings and now are down 80% and they are bitter and so they do not have any expectations other than hope they get their 90K back.   Remember always invest what you can afford to lose :-)  

9 hours ago, gamedev368 said:

You can easily earn a pretty stable 8% yearly ROI on rental properties letting a management company do 95%+ of the work for you. 2-3 million would be more than enough to ensure you had very stable large income to live on and enough left over to keep growing your investments in higher yield areas that maybe are less stable day-to-day.

Sure I'd love to own a private jet, 16 super cars, and have a mansion. But I don't really need those things. $200k a year would be more than enough to live an extremely comfortable life.

I did have several rentals but even with 8% you still have to look at the surprise costs and taxes.  I eventually sold most of them and now just buy homes in prime areas rehab and sell and I make around 25 to 30% on each home but the average is usually around 23%.    The thing is you once you made $200K then your lifestyle changes and then you have to keep up with the expenses then you will see that 200K is not enough and then you will want to make more.   

9 hours ago, Staigera said:

You should never let a third party handle your finances. You should seek advice but take matters to your own hands.

Buy property and rent it out. That way you will get a monthly steady income and own real estate. Incase hyper inflation ever occurs.

But why are we talking about this with XRP at 0.2 cents 😂😂😂

True that but then again you don't want to deal with the annoying tenants either.  My property managers were good but then eventually they became lazy and would hire the first contractor they find without even getting a 2nd quote.  I told them  I will need to see at least 3 estimates before any work is approved.   My best friend got into flipping 15 years ago and today he doesn't work much, has a lambo and 7 porsche and I realized I should have taken his route,  bottomline is if you want instant cash profits then flipping is the way to go,  rental is just to have a passive income which can be more or less depending on the homes and what fixes they need yearly..

Edited by tony71

7 hours ago, DividendGamer said:

I live in a small house in Jacksonville FL with my brother and the rent is only $550.

I have a paid off car, 2008 Toyota Corolla with around 87k miles on it in decent shape.

Payment was $221 a month, paid it off early, think about 9 months early.

We buy in bulk from BJ's, both like simple meals and sandwiches, pizza, spaghetti etc.

I don't drink alcohol that much, don't smoke. Don't drink coffee or soft drinks.

Cable/internet is $150, I only pay for half the internet cost since I don't watch cable TV, so my share is around $40.

Water/electricity bill is around $120-175, we split that.

Insurance is $138/month through Progressive.

I am very good at budgeting and personal finance etc. I have no debt.

I am going to school for a finance degree to be a financial advisor.

I trade and invest with stocks and forex too.

But lately have just been putting everything into xrp while it is still cheap.

So you're taking a finance course but still decided to put all your savings in a high risk asset because it's "cheap"?  Well I don't think you've learned anything from that course and I hope you don't end up giving this bad financial advice to people in the future

9 hours ago, DividendGamer said:

Pffff that aint nothing..

35-pack Ensure drinks $30 (good for 1 week of meals)

zero rent

zero car

zero alcohol

zero smoking

internet @ $20/month

cookies @ $740/month

...nevermind. you win.

On 12/11/2018 at 11:30 AM, PickleRick said:

I've always been a get rich or die trying person, and a few million just ain't "rich" enough for me. I want billions.

I am hoping for the same.  I would like to invest the money in business.  Grow the business and hopefully use that money for R&D in space travel.  One can dream.