Sign in to follow this  

Do Mods Still Read PM's On This Site?

2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

I believe there is a significant subgroup on here who are firmly of the opinion that mods can read dm’s.

I take @karlos at his word but I can’t think of a way to prove it to the unbelievers.  

I’m assuming the OP is in that group.  

I don't know how to prove it either, but I, as a mod, do not have access to DM's. I guess people will just have to take our word for it.

11 hours ago, rootvegetable said:

I don't know how to prove it either, but I, as a mod, do not have access to DM's. I guess people will just have to take our word for it.

There is always a way to read - if needed. Every post is in a database. Just saying.

3 hours ago, zenkert said:

There is always a way to read - if needed. Every post is in a database. Just saying.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't have read access to that database. There are a lot of databases I don't have access to, this is one of them.

28 minutes ago, kowalek said:

Exactly, people can trust only the word of nickname behind cool avatar! This is a bit of concern. Wondering, does Invision Community has some plugin that encrypts DM. This will solve problem.

Also, transparency, is there a list of who has access to DB or potentially can have?

not sure, but you can always use an encrypted email service. protonmail seems to be a good one. nothing is stopping people from taking control of their own privacy.

10 hours ago, kowalek said:

Exactly, people can trust only the word of nickname behind cool avatar! This is a bit of concern. Wondering, does Invision Community has some plugin that encrypts DM. This will solve problem.

Also, transparency, is there a list of who has access to DB or potentially can have?

Good heavens....  are we sending super sensitive stuff to each other?   Why the concern?

If you don't trust the site use any of the zillion other Comms options available to pass the love notes.   It is just normal security...   assume everything in clear text is readable so if its mission critical send via a secure channel.  Otherwise just accept their word (but still....   don't send your wallet keys :) )

But if I had to bet I would take these guys at their word...   To me it seems they have a history of honest dealing.

Thanks to @karlos and @rootvegetable for explaining! I agree with them and also with @Tinyaccount.

Please people, stay level headed and think. There's a balance between trust, control and risk. First of all XRPchat is a great FREE service to the community. The site administrators and moderators put a lot of resources, time and money in keeping this service available and in good shape. Many volunteers contribute to support their effort. If you don't trust their service or actions, you're FREE to use other media/third party services.

Second, XRPchat is an online service, so despite all the effort and hard work, there's always a chance that the site gets compromised/hacked and your data could be stolen by someone. So think before you post and just don't post any data that you consider private and sensitive.

Sign in to follow this