Sign in to follow this  
Rackers

xrp, bitcoin, ethereum, stellar pairs with tusd to be added on binance

1 hour ago, peanut56 said:

Great. Maybe. I don't trust the Idea of a stable coin. Just seems scammish.

Depends on who's providing that stable coin, if it's in a country that's highly regulated and the source has a trusty track record, I would be more inclined to trust.

Could someone please ELI5 an explanation why we need stable-coins to start with? Why not use dollars or Euros as a pair - the IRS has already made clear that there are no "like-kind" tax-free exchanges between cryptocurrencies, which I thought was the original reason?

11 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

Could someone please ELI5 an explanation why we need stable-coins to start with? Why not use dollars or Euros as a pair - the IRS has already made clear that there are no "like-kind" tax-free exchanges between cryptocurrencies, which I thought was the original reason?

I might be wrong here, but I believe the main item is that whoever is issuing the stablecoin needs to be compliant with regulations in the US for example (for USD) and then anyone else is just a customer of that compliant company. If you want to deal with USD as an exchange, you yourself need to be compliant. In the case of a stablecoin, someone has done that for you :)

Sign in to follow this