1 minute ago, Claddy said:

Wonder if the R3 bombshell from yesterday caused you some delay in the publication of this blog :ok:

No delay!  But I was researching a bit yesterday - it's great news, and you can see the pieces for the 'next stage' being put into place.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Ripple when Brad Garlinghouse is discussing strategy and timing! :victory:

Another  awesome blog Hodor thanks :good:your absolutely right about everyone being in step and having a common goal,  negativity will be swept aside by the masses,  I can't see this being stopped this is global,  cool bananas Hodor thanks again. 

Lots of consolidation going on.  R3 is adds another slab onto the already substantial XRP ecosystem.

"fast follower" is a good phrase.  This reminds me of the comment by Treacher that not a single Passenger Shipping Line set up an Airline.   "Fast Following" is better than "Not Following".... but will that be enough? I bet the shipping lines went on building ships whilst airlines were being set up, and justified their investment on the grounds that ships were still profitable and airlines might never take off (excuse the pun).  Its easy with hindsight to say they should have started building airlines when they were not profitable, and stopped building ships when they were still profitable, but those policies would have been bold and risky moves. 

I keep on believing we have seen the bottom of the bear market, but it seems their is little resistance to following BTC down. Maybe a way to go yet!

21 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Its easy with hindsight to say they should have started building airlines when they were not profitable, and stopped building ships when they were still profitable, but those policies would have been bold and risky moves. 

Wow.  You just keep on with these incredible historical, real-life comparisons that make so much sense.

And even though it's happening in slow motion right in front of us, with many of heralding XRP's rise, there is *still* unbelievable blindness to what is about to happen. 

On twitter this morning, two separate tweets about exchange volume from xRapid.  It's starting to be felt at measurable levels.  The time is running out for the old proof-of-work fans to switch over.  :yess:

Edited by Hodor

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

Wow.  You just keep on with these incredible historical, real-life comparisons that make so much sense.

To be fair it was Treacher's choice of metaphor and I expect it is a metaphor that has been doing the rounds inside Ripple.  When you watch the metaphors Ripple spokes persons use you are probably seeing right into their minds.

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

On twitter this morning, two separate tweets about exchange volume from xRapid.  It's starting to be felt at measurable levels.  The time is running out for the old proof-of-work fans to switch over.  :yess:

This is activity on the Philippine exchange?  I think we are expecting this to be the first corridor where we will see evidence of XRapid use.  What should we see?  Should we see lots of sells as expats return money as remittances to the Philippines over Ripplenet?

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

This is activity on the Philippine exchange?  I think we are expecting this to be the first corridor where we will see evidence of XRapid use.  What should we see? 

Yes - Coins.ph was one of the three exchanges that we're tracking.  It's a Philippine exchange.  One of us (Tehol Beddict) noticed an increase in trade volume, which is what we'd expect to see based on Ripple's description of how xRapid works. 

The other two exchanges are Bitso (Mexico) and Bittrex (US). 

Sign in to follow this