Jump to content
2ndtimearound

Surely R3's explicit use of the XRP Ledger with Corda Settler means XRP can no longer be deemed a security of Ripple

Recommended Posts

I posted this idea a few hours ago, that this would play well and be in XRP's favor (being seen as a utility token, not a security).   No way you can have two companies using the same token and declare the token is a security of one.  I figure Ripple was well aware of all this and most likely played a big role in the coming together of both companies.  I mean everyone looses out if XRP is a security.  And now in my mind we have substantiated proof.  Brilliant play on the part of both companies.  Gives the Gov Regulators a definitive reason to declare.  

And so yah... looking to pick up more XRP in the 20's :P

 

Edited by CryptoDrover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it depends on how much usage. Remember, you can still settle via Corda without using any crypto asset, so it depends on the usage rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archbob said:

I think it depends on how much usage. Remember, you can still settle via Corda without using any crypto asset, so it depends on the usage rate.

The crawl is starting then not so much instant usage. But if usage increases it does increase XRP price correct ? Just a simple question :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

This is surely it guys.  R3 are a huge company - 180 employees servicing 200 clients.  They have explicitly come out and said their new Corda Settler service will use XRP.  So how can the SEC rule XRP as a security of Ripple now? I know that Coil, Omni, Coinfield, Kucoin and DCEX are already using XRP for utility, but R3 using it is like the knockout blow for the FUDsters.  It's clearly has utility. 

I totally agree with this post, however, the FI's in USA still won't use XRP until they have official clarity from the courts or the SEC. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 12 to 18 months for this decision to be made 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

I totally agree with this post, however, the FI's in USA still won't use XRP until they have official clarity from the courts or the SEC. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 12 to 18 months for this decision to be made 

I guess so, but I see the actual decision as being only one possible decision (not a security).  I mean, can you imagine that R3 would be de facto "shareholders" of Ripple simply because they held XRP, and Ripple would be beholden to R3 (a competitor no less), as they would also be de facto "shareholders". Ironically, it would be these "shareholders" (R3) who would be upset if XRP is deemed a security as they are....USING IT! (Same goes for Coil, Omni, Kucoin, Coinfield, DCEX etc).

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×