hamasugu

SBI makes company with R3. And R3 and Ripple have started cooperation.

1 hour ago, hallwaymonitor said:

I think many of us missed the latest XRP statements from Mr. Yoshitaka Kitao, CEO of SBI Holdings:

- In 2019 worlds 20 TOP global banks will be using XRP

- MoneyTap, a consumer-focused blockchain money transfer app built by SBI Holdings will utilize XRP

- The benefits of R3 Corda and their smart contracts and when you combine that with XRP you can go beyond international remittances

Check out the video from crypto Eri in below. The best part starts at 2:54. Please read the Youtube description and note that these bullish XRP statements has been translated from Japanese. I have no idea how trustworthy the source of this is.

Yes. I feel you. It sucks that the price of XRP is still so low and who knows how long it will stay low...

You can buy that magazine , they do ship international  ;-)

On 1/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, hallwaymonitor said:

I don't know any Japanese but luckily there are other XRP community members who know.

In below tweet are more conservative (and more realistic imo) interpretations what Kitao-san said in the magazine.

IMO the "according to Ripple" part suggests that the statement is not concluded by Kitao himself. Instead he merely states that Ripple (Brad in June 2018) have said that there will probably be around 20 of the world's major banks utilizing XRP in 2019. As we know in the hindsight Brad's prediction: "at least one major bank using XRP eoy 2018" did not come true. Catalyst corporation is not a bank and it is not a major credit union either. The Euro Exim Bank is a bank but it is not a major bank. If there is any credibility left in the Brad's prediction (at June 2018) then we could assume that when/if the first major bank adopts xRapid after that it will take about 365 days more and there will be about 20 (or dozens) more major banks using xRapid. Remember the first major bank is a milestone. So is the first "medium" sized bank. I consider that The Euro Exim Bank is just a small bank.

Yep. From all what I've seen on Twitter, Mr. Kitao is both serial tweeter and a parrot, repeating and quoting all he read or had heard about Ripple and XRP. 

Just wondering ;) 
Are Bearableguy and Mr. Kitao one and the same guy? Is 598 some sort of Japanese lucky number??? :rolleyes:

On 1/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, hallwaymonitor said:

As we know in the hindsight Brad's prediction: "at least one major bank using XRP eoy 2018" did not come true.

We only know for certain that no major bank has yet come public with that. That is something else. NDA's and such. Clearly stated in Brad's last interview, along the lines of "we can only comment on clients that allow us to comment".

Edited by lucky

6 hours ago, lucky said:

We only know for certain that no major bank has yet come public with that. That is something else. NDA's and such. Clearly stated in Brad's last interview, along the lines of "we can only comment on clients that allow us to comment".

Exactly. Thanks for correcting me.

SPECULATION: Of course it is plausible that there was already one major bank trialing xRapid behind the scenes back in June 2018 when Brad had that "every confidence". Maybe Brad had at June 2018 permission to announce the major bank to public but afterwards the major bank changed its mind and denied the announcement for some reason?

Anyway, I drew this inverted pyramid how I see the customers of Ripple might be distributed.

2019-01-14 06_37_50-Greenshot image editor.png

image.png.ecbd476110086af27d1c553bc1030ad0.png                                 

image.png.a32163fbcc0d1c0716d9a4646e0602bd.png         

looks familiar :D                                      

Edited by GiddyUp
note

On 12/6/2018 at 2:25 AM, Tehol_Beddict said:

Perhaps it will come. This is probably just a first step. I’m sure Ripple wouldn’t have settled with R3 and given them some large amount of XRP for just this.

If one wants to have liquidity ON DEMAND = settle without trusting a third party (vostro crypto or fiat accounts on a correspondent or other foreign bank, exchange....) the ONLY way to go is to use public independent value tokens. Today, best option for that, when looking at cost & speed, this clearly is #XRP. Last hurdles.... volume and available corridors (and regulation) being cleared up, one by one, some even as we speak I guess.

R3 collapsed to that vision so it seems.