hamasugu

SBI makes company with R3. And R3 and Ripple have started cooperation.

4 hours ago, Zerp_Legend said:

Could ripple products be integrated into this and handle the conversion to fiat ? I believe that r3 is aware that fiat conversion will be necessary 

Perhaps it will come. This is probably just a first step. I’m sure Ripple wouldn’t have settled with R3 and given them some large amount of XRP for just this.

This is great news!

On the Amazon connection to R3, I wouldn’t get too excited about that just yet. Amazon Web Services are not exactly Amazon proper. Just about every company on the planet runs hosting through them because it’s cheap. My guess is they’re a partner in the sense that they provide hosting for Corda, or something like that. 

Still, R3 and Corda are amazing news for XRP.

13 hours ago, Zerp_Legend said:

Could ripple products be integrated into this and handle the conversion to fiat ? I believe that r3 is aware that fiat conversion will be necessary 

What do I not get?  XRP can be sent from XRP wallet to XRP wallet without having to use Corda software.  So if this does not convert to fiat, what is it bringing to the table?  Ease of use?  I think this feature is either more than just transferring XRP or is a feature that will be developed into XRapid 002

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

What do I not get?  XRP can be sent from XRP wallet to XRP wallet without having to use Corda software.  So if this does not convert to fiat, what is it bringing to the table?  Ease of use?  I think this feature is either more than just transferring XRP or is a feature that will be developed into XRapid 002

Corda, being a permissioned private blockchain solution brings a.o. a smart contract API to the table. So I guess the R3 partners (mostly in the global corporate/enterprise realm), could incorporate smart contracts (via Corda) in their own business applications and use XRP for automagical payment/settlement.

https://docs.corda.net/releases/release-M1.0/inthebox.html

13 hours ago, Bmatt44 said:

I find it funny that when R3 was suing Ripple everyone was up in arms saying R3 has no product and it is has 0 clients etc etc etc. Now they are a partner and everyone is like: 

giphy-downsized.gif

I remember Forbes or Business Insider ran an article about R3 and their high-turnover rate and not being able to make payroll. 

NOTE: Found the link to a Fortune article published on June 7, 2018.

http://fortune.com/2018/06/07/blockchain-firm-r3-is-running-out-of-money-sources-say/

Edited by TheXRPer

7 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

could be that there is far more behind yesterday's announcement connected to XRP we don't know yet?!

https://www.finextra.com/newsarticle/33081/r3s-corda-to-the-fore-in-euro-debt-issuance-and-club-loan-markets

"Marnix Bruning, head of money market & central bank sales at ING, comments: “This live trade lays the foundation for dealing ECP more efficiently and cost effectively. It also marks the start of building an improved DLT platform that enables direct settlement and reduces operational risk and costs at the same time. At ING we look forward to our continued collaboration in taking this solution to the next phase.”

https://www.bot.or.th/Thai/PressandSpeeches/Press/News2561/n5461e.pdf#

"Project Inthanon is a collaborative milestone led by the BOT, a technology partner R3 and 8 participating banks including Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, Krung ThaiBank Public Company Limited, Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited, Kasikornbank Public Company Limited, Siam Commercial Bank Public Company Limited, Thanachart Bank Public Company Limited, Standard Chartered Bank (Thai) Public Company Limited, and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, to explore the implications and the potential benefits of Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) to enhance efficiency of the Thai financial market infrastructure. The BOT and the participating banks will collaboratively design and develop a proof of concept prototype for whole sale funds transfer by issuing wholesale Central Bank Digital Currency (Wholesale CBDC). The prototype will be built on Corda, a DLT platform developed by R3"

Edited by VanHasen

On 12/5/2018 at 9:46 PM, itcdominic said:

If history has any indication we will drop in price by 4-8%

And you were right. As usual, another splash of optimism - another dump

12 hours ago, lucky said:

the point of xrp is that you are no longer bound by the limitations of your own network

Do you think Multi-hop and Corda Settler could be used together?

Settlement Xrp used as liquidity?