Sign in to follow this  
Mcripple

Seen this yet re :R3?

Just now, Plato said:

... What? Not sure I fully understand, given R3's strained relationship with Ripple (due to ongoing court case). Seems odd.

I was thinking that had been settled 

“The deployment of the Corda Settler and its support for XRP as the first settlement mechanism is an important step in showing how the powerful ecosystems cultivated by two of the of the world’s most influential crypto and blockchain communities can work together,” said Richard Gendal Brown, Chief Technology Officer at R3.  “While the Settler will be open to all forms of crypto and traditional assets, this demonstration with XRP is the next logical step in showing how widespread acceptance and use of digital assets to transfer value and make payments can be achieved”

So happy to see R3 and ripple come to there sense's. This relationship is important imo. I was always a bit upset when they separated and I couldn't understand why when both companies have so much to offer to world. Very happy to see cooler heads prevail. Let's get this party started! 

It was settled, posted in the forum here over a month ago.  People we seem to forget that companies which work together get into legal disputes all the time and although this action may delay some things due to the long process of litigation common goals are still intact in most cases the litigation is utilized to legally set boundaries' and clearly define things that were missed or miss interpreted through the initial agreements.  This action does not typically result in "Screw you, you go your own way!"  It typically results in "We agree to disagree but this is what we agree on and lets move forward with business as usual. 

8 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

It was settled, posted in the forum here over a month ago.  People we seem to forget that companies which work together get into legal disputes all the time and although this action may delay some things due to the long process of litigation common goals are still intact in most cases the litigation is utilized to legally set boundaries' and clearly define things that were missed or miss interpreted through the initial agreements.  This action does not typically result in "Screw you, you go your own way!"  It typically results in "We agree to disagree but this is what we agree on and lets move forward with business as usual. 

Its called "alignment".....I often align on an issue or direction for the unified better outcome.  I might disagree, but I can align.