R3’s New Corda App Supports Payments in XRP Cryptocurrency

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.coindesk.com/r3s-new-corda-app-supports-payments-in-xrp-cryptocurrency

Amazing what can be achieved when a large organisation has the financial clout to knock heads together - SBI. That's the kind of good news that will make the price of xrp go down

New post from the CTO of R3. XRP has been mentioned 15 times. I did not manage to find anything new that we would not already know about the Corda Settler (please correct me if I'm wrong). Howev

Posted Images

The list of banks on their participants page is impressive to say the least (granted not all of them may be using the service), just skimming through half of the list there is:

• ABN Amro
  • Alfa Bank
  • Allied Irish Banks
  • Credicorp Bank
  • Bank ABC
  • Bangkok Bank
  • Bank of America
  • Bank of Cyprus
  • Bank of Montreal
  • Barclays
  • BBVA
  • BNY Mellon
  • Commonwealth Bank
  • China Merchant Bank
  • CitiBank
  • Commerzbank
  • Credit Suisse
  • CTBC Bank
  • Deutsche Bank
  • Dankse Bank
  • HSBC
  • ING
  • KEB Hana Bank

Obviously doesn't guarantee that they will have the minerals / regulatory clarity to use XRP as settlement but surely this lays the groundwork when regulation is sorted? Is this what Garlicmouse was referring to when he said "dozens" of banks will use XRP in 2019?  Or maybe I'm getting carried away :wacko3:

18 minutes ago, Zerp_Legend said:

Assuming they have tested this platform, would the Transactions be visible if we knew their address?

I think yes. Based on the Corda Settler Code Review Youtube video (posted in above already) around 5:40 there are the origin and the destination XRPL public key addresses visible. I checked that both accounts has not yet been activated at the moment. Thus, the demo in the video was probably made in some sort of test net.

Here is the origin address: rNmkj4AtjEHJh3D9hMRC4rS3CXQ9mX4S4b

Here is the destination address: ra6mzL1Xy9aN5eRdjzn9CHTMwcczG1uMpN

4 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

I wonder if Ripple will announce anything on this

I doubt. Actually Corda is a competitive product to xCurrent/xRapid and ..... XRP and the XRPLedger do NOT belong to Ripple. 
NOT reporting this as news from their part would even make their case "SEC > XRP = NOT a security"  like written in stone... JMHO...

1 minute ago, kanaas said:

I doubt. Actually Corda is a competitive product to xCurrent/xRapid and ..... XRP and the XRPLedger do NOT belong to Ripple. 
NOT reporting this as news from their part would even make their case "SEC > XRP = NOT a security"  like written in stone... JMHO...

I like what I have highlighted in the quote - alot. It makes complete sense for Ripple

Still remember Martin Walker? Previously this R3 minion trashed both Ripple and XRP in the Parliament Blockchain Hearing in below. Today Ripple's xRapid has new competing software product Corda Settler developed by R3. They both use XRP!

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-put-defense-uk-parliament-blockchain-hearing