Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
peanut56

Eurozone ?

Recommended Posts

     I am an American so I have limited knowledge. I am ignorant on this. I do not mind criticism. I value the opinions of others.

Would the E.U. consider splitting into separate countries as a result of the ease to process cross border payments. The reason I say this is that if each county was allowed to run its own financial system it would allow a more independent E.U. while also allowing the preservation cooperation. Isn't the strength built off of the ease of trade? This could ease any feelings of one loosing their country identity while preserving the strength of the E.U. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Naimless said:

The short answer is no. EU countries do run their own financial systems, they only share the same currency.

And not all have the same currency yet, too.

EDIT: Also, not sure anyone feels he/she is a "EU citizen" like US people do, which is kinda interesting, I guess.

Edited by Kiir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

     I am an American so I have limited knowledge. I am ignorant on this. I do not mind criticism. I value the opinions of others.

Would the E.U. consider splitting into separate countries as a result of the ease to process cross border payments. The reason I say this is that if each county was allowed to run its own financial system it would allow a more independent E.U. while also allowing the preservation cooperation. Isn't the strength built off of the ease of trade? This could ease any feelings of one loosing their country identity while preserving the strength of the E.U. ?

Nope, the monetary union and the joint EU currency (EURO), are about the base of the EU. Think easier trading. Also right now each country has its own CB. They exist next to the more centralized ECB (though the CB's have a large say in the ECB's policy). It's a rather delicate balance of power.

Edited by Rey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

     I am an American so I have limited knowledge. I am ignorant on this. I do not mind criticism. I value the opinions of others.

Would the E.U. consider splitting into separate countries as a result of the ease to process cross border payments. The reason I say this is that if each county was allowed to run its own financial system it would allow a more independent E.U. while also allowing the preservation cooperation. Isn't the strength built off of the ease of trade? This could ease any feelings of one loosing their country identity while preserving the strength of the E.U. ?

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kiir said:

And not all have the same currency yet, too.

EDIT: Also, not sure anyone feels he/she is a "EU citizen" like US people do, which is kinda interesting, I guess.

I'm sure most of the "EU citizens" absolutely don't feel any EU citizenship at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said I don't know and thank you for your replies. To quiz pops I enjoy the humor. I am sure there are situations I can negotiate without problem that you would more likely fall flat on your face and possibly get hurt rather badly. So here is a little that is nice of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Naimless said:

The short answer is no. EU countries do run their own financial systems, they only share the same currency.

That is not really true. Some EU countries does not us EUR as Currency. For instance Denmark, UK, Sweden and so forth . . .

https://blog.continentalcurrency.ca/dont-use-the-euro/

But SEPA is f.i. a way to use a EUR as a bridge currency doing Bank Transfers. And furthermore they are launching a 365/24/ service that more or less makes XRP a no-no-need bridge DA in countries within the SEPA-zone, at least that is MHO. EUR will be used.

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/intro/mip-online/2017/html/201706_article_tips.en.html

 

 

Edited by zenkert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rey said:

I'm sure most of the "EU citizens" absolutely don't feel any EU citizenship at all!

Just had a laugh on that remark, since it is true. The difference between US and EU is that EU is national states, with a clear identity of their own.
In US it is like - I am from Texas, but I live in the US. So I am a US citizen. In EU it´s - I live in (xxx) and my country are part of the EU community.
In one way, I feel that it is sad the EU is trying to copy US in that sense. Kind of doing things backwards.
 - Ooopssss . . . . now I got into politics. Excuse me. It will not happen again @Rey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zenkert said:

Just had a laugh on that remark, since it is true. The difference between US and EU is that EU is national states, with a clear identity of their own.
In US it is like - I am from Texas, but I live in the US. So I am a US citizen. In EU it´s - I live in (xxx) and my country are part of the EU community.
In one way, I feel that it is sad the EU is trying to copy US in that sense. Kind of doing things backwards.
 - Ooopssss . . . . now I got into politics. Excuse me. It will not happen again @Rey

Don't worry dear bull. It's an important issue and goes way beyond politics I think. Anybody who wants to understand why people in Europe feel the way you just described, and I think you're right btw, has to know a little bit about European history. Europe has a history of over a 1,000 years of smaller more or less independent societies, lots of local languages, cultures and interests.

Another even more important issue would be ... how does Europe get a ticket towards a prosperous future ... that one is not very easy :JC_thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my oh my @Rey you have to go back at least 2 000 years in European history or even further down the road. Just as an example. The Roman Empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire

I will rest my Case on this subject by saying that EU might be a way to try to ensure that WW1 and WW2 will not repeat cause they where both started in Europe.
US is a Virgin Nation. Conquered like many other parts of the World by Europeans. So you better be beware. We might do it again :D
Lot´s of love Sista!

Edited by zenkert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zenkert said:

Oh my oh my @Rey you have to go back at least 2 000 years in European history or even further down the road. Just as an example. The Roman Empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire

I will rest my Case on this subject by saying that EU might be a way to try to ensure that WW1 and WW2 will not repeat cause they where both started in Europe.
US is a Virgin Nation. Conquered like many other parts of the World by Europeans. So you better be beware. We might do it again :D
Lot´s of love Sista!

And you're right again ... if you'll excuse me I have to go outside ... have to watch for the evil savages from the north ;)

 

Edited by Rey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     I guess I was asking if the E.U. would revert back to pre-euro currency if an international liquidity tool was utilized to maintain the independence nations.

To the above comment. Were Ukrainian borders not defended (treaty signed by U.S. and Europe to relinquish nuclear weapons) in order to avoid major conflict with Russian?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peanut56 said:

Were Ukrainian borders not defended (treaty signed by U.S. and Europe to relinquish nuclear weapons) in order to avoid major conflict with Russian?

Ukraine is not a member state of the EU, but in answer to your question... probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

     I guess I was asking if the E.U. would revert back to pre-euro currency if an international liquidity tool was utilized to maintain the independence nations.

To the above comment. Were Ukrainian borders not defended (treaty signed by U.S. and Europe to relinquish nuclear weapons) in order to avoid major conflict with Russian?

 

1 minute ago, Naimless said:

Ukraine is not a member state of the EU, but in answer to your question... probably.

Indeed, Ukraine is not a EU member state ... furthermore the disputed areas (Crimea and Eastern Ukraine) are much more intertwined with Russian history than most EU parts of Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...