Nohut

3 of the top 5 global money transfer companies

1. Moneygram = Edit: it looks like Moneygram going with Visa? https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180724005276/en/Visa-MoneyGram-Team-Simplify-Overseas-Money-Transfers

2. Western Union = looks like they drop out

3.????

payment flows? Are these some internal moves or actually using to process their transactions?

Edited by Nohut

F*** knows. Silence seems to be the order of the day. 

3 hours ago, XRPSlovenia said:

Where there is silence, there is also room for speculation.

Lol i think if we try and fit anymore speculation into that room the floor will giveway! 

We don’t know really, unless Ripple (or the other party) gives an official announcement. Plans could change, and unfortunately drop out too...though disappointing that’s no reason to become dejected (not saying you are). Ripple is doing great progress and all we can do is hope for the best and wait. 

In short...I don’t think anyone knows.

23 minutes ago, P3T3RIS said:

These talks in January were around Western Union, Moneygram and Transferwise. 3 out of 5, but none of them has been confirmed by either them or Ripple.

How you mean? They were confirmed. Atleast moneygram and western union

Moneygram and WU were named, true that @Nohut

I meant nothing was confirmed about them using, only testing. Everyone waited for confirmation of them being first adopters of xRapid that could open many corridors at once, but that did not happen and then these talks just ended.

If looking at later events it seems neither one could act as liquidity provider all the way to truly fund that adoption because as it now seems, for that you need to be able to control the exchange. Money transferring companies are not banks but clients to banks, and not exchanges either.

In my opinion xRapid adoption now goes through xCurrent in larger currency area and using liquidity providers there too, allowing banks not to tie any own their capital but paying a small fee to exchanges for doing so; prefunding accounts in all joining banks for settlement. This currency area ”central hub” exchange can then at later phase turn all banks to xRapid by opening connection to another currency’s ”central hub” exchange, that has many xCurrent using banks as it’s customers.

Let’s see how this plays out, but currently I see Bitso, Bitmex and Bittrex very much key players.

The larger and more widespread xCurrent adoption is at that point, the larger xRapid volume will be instantly when those exchanges open their connections to each other.

6 hours ago, P3T3RIS said:

Moneygram and WU were named, true that @Nohut

I meant nothing was confirmed about them using, only testing. Everyone waited for confirmation of them being first adopters of xRapid that could open many corridors at once, but that did not happen and then these talks just ended.

If looking at later events it seems neither one could act as liquidity provider all the way to truly fund that adoption because as it now seems, for that you need to be able to control the exchange. Money transferring companies are not banks but clients to banks, and not exchanges either.

In my opinion xRapid adoption now goes through xCurrent in larger currency area and using liquidity providers there too, allowing banks not to tie any own their capital but paying a small fee to exchanges for doing so; prefunding accounts in all joining banks for settlement. This currency area ”central hub” exchange can then at later phase turn all banks to xRapid by opening connection to another currency’s ”central hub” exchange, that has many xCurrent using banks as it’s customers.

Let’s see how this plays out, but currently I see Bitso, Bitmex and Bittrex very much key players.

The larger and more widespread xCurrent adoption is at that point, the larger xRapid volume will be instantly when those exchanges open their connections to each other.

You forgot to mention Bitstamp.

Why should a person in his position say something like that.He's not supposed to. Be patient:

https://cryptodailygazette.com/2018/12/03/ripple-ceo-brad-garlinghouse-is-confident-that-banks-will-offer-custody-for-cryptos-like-xrp-for-customers-in-2019/

When that statement came out, there was an indicaton that 2018 would be focused on regulation. The brakes have definitely been applied and momentum has been lost because of this lack of regulatory clarity and possible threats to xrp being classified as a security by the SEC. Until there is clarity on where xrp stands and how DAs are going to be regulated, then don't expect too much from FIs operating in the West, and that is why most of the positive announcements have come from the middle and far east this year.

4 hours ago, P3T3RIS said:

I meant xCurrent - xRapid partners, not trustlines. Have I missed Bitstamp´s involvement?

Bitstamp is involved with Ripple for a long time, also as a liquidity provider in future. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.