gamblin310

New Court Ruling on "Securities" - A Very Good Sign for Ripple

32 minutes ago, gamblin310 said:

2)    The Howey Test fails to even get off the ground if Ripple never represented to investors that XRP was a security. 

Can't speak to the rest of the decision because I haven't read it but this is not correct. 

1 hour ago, gamblin310 said:

Unlike Blockvest, Ripple did not sell XRP on its website. XRP is only available to the general public through independent third-party exchanges.

But they do provide advice on where to buy XRP as a retail investor so the question is what did they present XRP as to the exchanges? I tend to think of it like a company that has invented a new type of engine that runs on reusable fuel but that fuel exists in a finite amount and they own it all so in order for consumers to use the new engine they need to first distribute the fuel.

23 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Where/When did Ripple ever said that XRP is an investment?

Agree, to the contrary.  if I'm not mistaken, I believe Ripple had made a statement specifically saying that they did NOT recommend XRP as an investment.  Does anyone call that somewhere on their website?  

30 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Agree, to the contrary.  if I'm not mistaken, I believe Ripple had made a statement specifically saying that they did NOT recommend XRP as an investment.  Does anyone call that somewhere on their website?  

Ripple's CTO one year ago:" If anyone thinks anything even remotely like XRP being certain to increase in value, they're crazy."

1 hour ago, lucky said:

1 hour ago, Sharkey said:

yeh, I remember it on the original site. 

Yes. The quote:

Private exchanges and liquidity providers may choose to hold additional XRP for trading. Ripple (the company) does not promote XRP as a speculative investment.

is from ripple gateway guide found here:

https://mduo13.github.io/ripple-dev-portal/tutorial-gateway-guide.html#ripple-gateways-explained

image.thumb.png.ea1be67514f67162138ea6a590ce652d.png

9 hours ago, gamblin310 said:

Last week U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel ruled that the SEC failed to demonstrate that BLV tokens sold by Blockvest were in fact securities, according to the Howey Test.

Based on a landmark 1946 Supreme Court ruling, the Howey Test defines a transaction as an investment in a security if four conditions, or “prongs,” are met.

On pages 11-12 of last week's ruling, Judge Curiel wrote (I have removed his citations for easier reading):

This bodes well for Ripple in its securities litigation for two reasons:

1)    Unlike Blockvest, Ripple did not sell XRP on its website. XRP is only available to the general public through independent third-party exchanges.  

2)    The Howey Test fails to even get off the ground if Ripple never represented to investors that XRP was a security. In fact, Ripple never said that XRP is a share in the company.

Not saying that it was a setup for saying that xrp is a security. 

But they explicitly have directed where and how to buy xrp along with clear diagrams for where they expect the price to potentially reach over the years.

I like that they stand behind their product, but it may come back to bite them in the ass.

11 minutes ago, DividendGamer said:

Not saying that it was a setup for saying that xrp is a security. 

But they explicitly have directed where and how to buy xrp along with clear diagrams for where they expect the price to potentially reach over the years.

I like that they stand behind their product, but it may come back to bite them in the ass.

link to diagram showing price prediction?

34 minutes ago, DividendGamer said:

Been reposted here plenty of times,Twitter and Reddit

Please provide a link. I'm not certain Ripple published price predictions for the purpose of marketing to speculative investors.