Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Baka

XRP and coinbase

Recommended Posts

Guest

Thats way too much even via coinbase. You must be doing something wrong mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I usually only lose like 2%

I bought with credit card , I lose 23 euros if I want to buy for 200euros.

Then the transfer to the exchange costs some euros , then the BTC to XRP trade , and in the meantime price can get lower by some euros since BTC take hours to get on the exchange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

If you are buying with a credit card, then you are already investing too much than you can afford to lose.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. If the fees were the same as debit and it didn't count as a "cash advance", I would use a credit card over debit card to get the points. He just might not feel comfortable linking his bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I wouldn't say that necessarily. If the fees were the same as debit and it didn't count as a "cash advance", I would use a credit card over debit card to get the points. He just might not feel comfortable linking his bank account.

Assuming the credit card will be paid off immediately and not carry any revolving debt and there is no intention of selling back anytime soon (not a good idea to wait for verification of bank account when you want to in the crypto world), won't the 3.99% credit card fee be in excess of any credit card rewards? I just can't see any benefit of using a credit card outside of leveraging debt to buy crypto which in my opinion is too risky for investing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Assuming the credit card will be paid off immediately and not carry any revolving debt and there is no intention of selling back anytime soon (not a good idea to wait for verification of bank account when you want to in the crypto world), won't the 3.99% credit card fee be in excess of any credit card rewards? I just can't see any benefit of using a credit card outside of leveraging debt to buy crypto which in my opinion is too risky for investing.

Ah didn't know there was a 4% fee with CCs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

If you are buying with a credit card, then you are already investing too much than you can afford to lose.

I've got credit card and bank account relied to it , but I'll use bank from now .

And I don't have a job yet, no income so I can't afford anything yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never purchased crypto with a credit card, so I am unfamiliar with the convenience fees charged. I use a card for virtually everything that doesn't charge a fee, though. I've got one that gives me 2% cash back on everything, and another for 5-10% cash back on certain categories and retailers. The key is to be able to pay the balance in full every month. It's entirely conceivable that there could be circumstances where it would make sense to purchase crypto with my 2% cash back card. As a general rule, and in most situations, it wouldn't make sense to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Rey said:

A few good ones already: Bitstamp and Uphold ...

You also might consider Bitpanda and Kraken.

you can buy XRP and transfer without fees or really low fees?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×