Ripple-Stiltskin

Which crypto-jargon phrase you like best?

For whatever reason there are some sentences in the crypto-jargon that I like. ( it’s not the content, just like the sound and the words)  For me atm that’s:

” and then FOMO kicks in” 

“ something is brewing” 

“ I’m in it for the long haul” 

Maybe it’s because I’m not a native speaker, but I always have my favorite expressions of the month. 

Which are yours atm? 

Just for fun! 

Doji, I like doji. It just sounds good. It's a good name for a pet. 

"Come here Doji!" 

Edited by Guest

"Use case" -- The unparsimonious selection of this phrase (compare "use") and sincere renditions of the "making the world a better place" bit (that is, statements made earnestly about the world-changing attributes of the tech and not as a self-deprecating reference to HBO's Silicon Valley: https://vimeo.com/98720197) are my favorite indicators of the crypto clique's detachment from everyday reality. 

2 hours ago, ICookinBrine said:

"Use case" -- The unparsimonious selection of this phrase (compare "use") and sincere renditions of the "making the world a better place" bit (that is, statements made earnestly about the world-changing attributes of the tech and not as a self-deprecating reference to HBO's Silicon Valley: https://vimeo.com/98720197) are my favorite indicators of the crypto clique's detachment from everyday reality. 

Lol! I had to google-translate a few words myself to understand this post tbh. 

“ unparsimonious” =   My new favorite! 

"proof of work"

It's like if Henry Ford had died just after inventing the assembly line and then his retarded cousin took over the factory and ordered all the workers to bunch up, at the exact same station, to do the exact same task, and then he picks the best looking part, throws all the rest away (and pays the one worker who created the one part) - and then goes:   "Alright, everyone to the next station!"

I still can't get over how otherwise supposedly very smart and engineering-minded people think this is so brilliant, but it's really not, so maybe they're just susceptible to ********.

I dunno.  Maybe I'm the idiot.

But I doubt it.

Edited by NightJanitor

"proof of stake"

Formerly known as "plutocracy" (an archaic term, no longer taught in schools, out of which the coders dropped, anyway), before being independently re-discovered, lately, by people who think in code and communicate via Twitter (but who are quite sincere and therefore with whom it is difficult to reason about the relative merits of their invention).

Notes of naive irony (with a bitter aftertaste, should it come to fruition).

"market capitalization"

A wholly useless metric as related to a currency, borrowed from the equity/stock markets, primarily employed by day-traders who focus upon price and imagine that each currency is a single entity around which capital formation has occurred (while, with no seeming cognitive dissonance, at the same time arguing against "singular entities").

More complex metrics, such as liquidity or velocity, for example, are ignored completely, as considerations of such depth do not lend themselves to tweeting in 140 chars, garnering likes or upvotes to boost one's fragile self-esteem, and "winning by acclamation".  This phenomenon is related to the biological behavior known as "peacocking".

See also "money supply" or Ecclesiastes 1:14.