9 hours ago, Nohut said:

You mean Ripple “unofficial” blog?:)) 

nice read

1) Thank you for the compliment. :victory:

2) I have not accepted any payment from Ripple (aside from the occasional social tipping), its former owners, its representatives, or former employees.  My blog is completely independent. 

That being said, the warnings at the top of my blog are absolutely something to keep in mind:

I blog about Ripple & XRP. FULL DISCLOSURE: All views are my own. I do not work for Ripple; I am not a professional financial analyst, and the majority of my crypto holdings are XRP.

6 hours ago, XRPanding said:

It really strikes me as interesting that the average Joe and he is only 40 accepts this and was really conforming to it

Profound change takes time, even for those of us that have become use to it...

I still carry physical cash around, not because I have anything to hide, but because I know that if I use a credit card, all my purchases are tracked and will probably be forever remembered in some massive database out in the Arizona desert. 

The thought of it is, well ... creepy. 

I think your story illustrates that digital currency is catching on.   I think that the general public is just starting to make peace with the fact that crypto isn't just a 'fad' like how some economists wanted it to be.  They also thought the Internet was a fad, and it went in stops-and-starts just like crypto, but a bit faster because I think people could sort of understand the potential a bit more clearly. 

We need to 'assist' the public in understanding why decentralized, trust-less, border-less currency has value for them. 

Edited by Hodor

4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

When we all had those analogue phones we had crossed calls and were physically tied to a cord we did not imagine the benefits of digital phones.

The failures of limited imagination are what account for obstructions to innovation adoption IMO - and you do a fantastic job at hinting at these psychological barriers with you comparison(s). 

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

The failures of limited imagination are what account for obstructions to innovation adoption IMO - and you do a fantastic job at hinting at these psychological barriers with you comparison(s). 

This week has been one long light bulb moment.  The  concept of the intelligence being the organisation of semi intelligent entities communicating together through two way channels of communication is a concept I had been looking for/grappling with for about three years.  Just that little push, a few hours sleep, and it is just so obviously simple.  Why can we not see an elephant in a room!

Edited by Julian_Williams

@Julian_Williams I think Plasticity is a kin to Evolutionarily processes. Both unfold through periods of time, and both are bound by the end state of the prior time period, and how fast the change per period is (the discount rate in the financial formula)

The i and the n combined measure "speed of change", in how this article has the formula presented. The i is the discount rate, the n is another factor in the speed of change, basically how many time the rate i is applied per "year" aka (base time scale unit)

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/timevalueofmoney.asp

For Plasticity or Evolution, think of "value" as a "state", so you can use the formula to measure Present State relative to Future State, and the Rate of change between. 

• FV = Future value of money
  • PV = Present value of money
  • i = interest rate
  • n = number of compounding periods per year
  • t = number of years

Based on these variables, the formula for TVM is:

FV = PV x [ 1 + (i / n) ] ^(n x t)

Edited by KarmaCoverage

1 hour ago, KarmaCoverage said:

@Julian_Williams I think Plasticity is a kin to Evolutionarily processes. Both unfold through periods of time, and both are bound by the end state of the prior time period, and how fast the change per period is (the discount rate in the financial formula)

The i and the n combined measure "speed of change", in how this article has the formula presented. The i is the discount rate, the n is another factor in the speed of change, basically how many time the rate i is applied per "year" aka (base time scale unit)

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/timevalueofmoney.asp

For Plasticity or Evolution, think of "value" as a "state", so you can use the formula to measure Present State relative to Future State, and the Rate of change between. 

I sort of get that- although I don't do maths.  My knowledge comes from looking at patterns and making sense of them, that  is what drawing from life boils down to and I spent many hours every evening programming myself to work through patterns.  Plasticity is huge in the visual arts, look at cartoons -  I wrote a piece about it a few years ago

http://drawingandillusion.blogspot.com/2015/03/visual-grammar-chapter-7-drawing.html

But really my article is addressing just one illustration of one aspect of plasticity.  Plasticity is everywhere and has to do with how the mind treats relationships, and constantly reconstitutes the meaning of things through the way relationships change.  So your example rings a loud bell.  The value of $200 is not really a constant;  $200 in the hand is worth more than $200 in the future.  Typical of the plasticity effect, and as is often the case the quality of plasticity is in this case connected to time.

So if I draw Noah's Ark with all the animals on it, then I draw the same picture but with a different set of animals.  Both pictures are of Noah's Ark, but they are not the same because they have different animals on board.  So our one notion of Noah's ark is plastic.   This is particularly true of the number one.  Number one is always a complete lie because the one thing that is one can be cut in half and become two, or expanded and modified and made bigger.  All one means is that everything inside a thing is in a relationship.  The things inside that relationship are always changing, there fore the meaning of one is never constant.  There is nothing in human thought that is not being constantly modified and warped and twisted.  Plasticity is integral to human thought processes.

The neuroscientists use this word plasticity a lot.  They usually point you in the direction of the hippocampus of taxi drivers that grow when they have to learn street maps, or the experience of phantom arms.  I find this way of thinking is very limiting (but they are far cleverer than me). 

I really like this guy called William James who was the first to describe plasticity in 1890 “Organic matter, especially nervous tissue, seems endowed with a very extraordinary degree of plasticity.”   He is sort of the father of psychology.  He got it his work (I have not read his books) is full of insight "Truth is what works" and  "The most ancient parts of truth . . . also once were plastic. They also were called true for human reasons". ........ "Purely objective truth, truth in whose establishment the function of giving human satisfaction in marrying previous parts of experience with newer parts played no role whatsoever, is nowhere to be found. The reasons why we call things true is the reason why they are true, for 'to be true' means only to perform this marriage-function,".  so he sees no contradiction in a scientist believing in a medieval God at the same time as studying the dynamics of the sun.

As an artist drawing I find this is how we experience sight.  I suppose algorithms are rigid things, so whether plasticity manifests itself in economic algorithms might be open to question.  But I really like plasticity.

11 hours ago, Hodor said:

i pmd you ;)..... serious stuff on the way if im not wrong  plz dont ignore i know quite abit and hopelly you are what the ppl say . More talk in private

This is why universty is a waste of time for the majority of ppl - use your time wisely. Being here and learning = step 1 towards a better life. Lets all enjoy the world

the fed/gov wants you to believe the only way to xrp is through the big banks. Remember its open . to all the coders out their timw to create tools to bypass all these remittance companies charging fees , making high profits simply cause you dont have the tools to by pass . lets explode this open source and show them we can do the same thing as they are 1000000 from us> nigeria for 0.0000012 atm not what ....... e.g Ofx.com charges as an example. the secret know one wants the ppl to know ;)

On 12/2/2018 at 10:57 PM, Hodor said:

Blog URL: https://xrpcommunity.blog/digital-assets-are-here-to-stay/

coline-beulin-small.thumb.jpg.b771312a37baf1353b20363804fc1628.jpg

Digital Assets are here to stay! 

Find out about it and all the major news affecting XRP in my latest blog:

𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬:  Fleetcor may purchase Western Union Business Payments; Marcus Treacher gives a great overview of how Ripple is solving cross-border payments; and an electrifying Ripple Drop episode from Ripple zooms in on the sharing economy use case.

𝐂𝐨𝐢𝐥 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: Coil takes over where Ripple left off, and teams with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

𝐗𝐑𝐏 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: You can 'roll your own' escrow using the XRP Tip Bot application; Two decentralized exchanges add support for XRP, along with one centralized exchange; 'Thinking Crypto' releases an Omni deep dive with Tom McLeod; and now you can buy beer with your zerps... in Serbia!

I hope you enjoy the read: please feel free to share my blog on whatever platform you wish - and thank you for doing so!  :thank_you2:

Links to my blog announcements on other platforms:

Are you not scared of the MIB knocking down your door :P If i think you are what i assume you to be then , you got big balls my friend isnt this almost like revolution 3.0 this seriouslycan start a revolution around the banks. Basically exactly what they dont want :) but cannot control due to their own errors and failures in the past, you getting my drift champ

@Hodor  Thank you for the great writeup. I was wondering about the portion: "And recently, Brad Garlinghouse reiterated his statement that at least one bank will use xRapid by the end of 2018, blazing the trail for other innovator banks to jump aboard in 2019." Mostly out of curiosity was wondering when he recently said this? Thanks!

10 hours ago, matter82 said:

Mostly out of curiosity was wondering when he recently said this? Thanks!

Un-sourced in my blog; In my intro and conclusion I sometimes use information that I've 'seen recently' but didn't take the time to chase down.  This one is obviously one you are interested in. 

In this case, I saw a few reliable XRP Community sources on Twitter repeat it from... (I think)... an interview he provided a news organization recently.  So not a conference I think, if that helps.  The original sources were two separate occasions - the Money 2020 conference and this quote from CB Insights:

The above video is available on YouTube in its entirety as well via CB Insights channel.

Sorry I don't have a link handy for the most recent quote - if you run across it please post back and I'll also update the blog.