29 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

A good way of knowing that a company that is is going places and really confident about itself is through the colonisation of language.  Apple created i- as in i-phone, i-phone and i-player.  But the use of i- is mostly restricted to apple products.  We have seen a big bang come out of the word "smart" (smart phone, smart tech, smart TV....) The ripple language big bang is altogether on a bigger scale than Apple, it colonising everything it touches, including institutional language!  The Internet of Value and DLT are now part of the lexicon of crytpo currency.  But the word crypto currency has been colonised and warped by Ripple.  The G20 statement says we will "We will regulate crypto-assets for anti-money laundering..." Notice the colonisation by Mike Carney, chairperson of FSB and the BoE and friend of Ripple, into the language of G20.  Treacher has been talking a lot of the de-fragmentation of banking services.  Again the G20 have highlighted this Ripple language coming from Treacher "We will continue to monitor and, if necessary, tackle emerging risks and vulnerabilities in the financial system; and, through continued regulatory and supervisory cooperation, address fragmentation."

"Internet of Things" was adopted by Ripple when they invented a concept called "The Internet of Value".  This is now fragmenting as you write of "The Internet of Payments".  Are we going to have  (IoT, IoV, IoPayments, Internet of Micropayments, Internet of Sharing)

Treacher did it again in KYC = Know Your Customer.  Treacher has a new concept KYT (Know Your Thing).  This KY stuff might have been around for a while; the two way nature of digital money turns KY into a big bang event.  There might be all sorts of KY's coming.  KYsharer, KYSupplier, KYPlumber?

Wow. 

Powerful concepts that I can barely grasp with two cups of coffee, @Julian_Williams

Yes, I remember Marcus Treacher saying the 'Know your Thing' phrase and I stumbled mentally on it. 

The decentralization of intelligence is a fascinating topic that I didn't know about, and definitely qualifies for a "TIL moment" for me.  Great examples, and I think it hints at a lot more than just decentralized, trustless control...  it hints at an intelligence behind each participant in a decentralized structure and what that includes. 

"We will continue to monitor and, if necessary, tackle emerging risks and vulnerabilities in the financial system; and, through continued regulatory and supervisory cooperation, address fragmentation."

Above is a very exciting comment, if it was made by Carney; it implies that the central banks don't like the leap-frogging that's going on, and the creation of dozens of banking islands.  Ripple folks have called them 'walled gardens' before, but I think he's referring to the same thing. 

Edited by Hodor

33 minutes ago, fiik said:

what timeframe u may consider plausible for that 'noticeable' its here moment?

Good question, and I'd say it depends on which use case:

If we're talking 'sharing economy' that is now.  I sincerely hope Coil rolls out its service to the general public soon, because there is a huuuuge pent-up demand for it IMO. 

The bridge asset use case is more complicated, and should probably be divided by type of customer.  I think the remittance processors could 'flip the switch' for significant volume at any time according to the official statements; I'd have to take a fresh look at the before-and-after volume for Bitso and Bittrex to check it. 

57 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Wow. 

Powerful concepts that I can barely grasp with two cups of coffee, @Julian_Williams

Yes, I remember Marcus Treacher saying the 'Know your Thing' phrase and I stumbled mentally on it. 

The decentralization of intelligence is a fascinating topic that I didn't know about, and definitely qualifies for a "TIL moment" for me.  Great examples, and I think it hints at a lot more than just decentralized, trustless control...  it hints at an intelligence behind each participant in a decentralized structure and what that includes. 

Above is a very exciting comment, if it was made by Carney; it implies that the central banks don't like the leap-frogging that's going on, and the creation of dozens of banking islands.  Ripple folks have called them 'walled gardens' before, but I think he's referring to the same thing. 

A very big concept here that has not been understood, even in biology.  Nature puts intelligence into everything it makes. But biological intelligence is never centralised, it is all decentralised and happens from the bottom up (NOT THE BRAIN DOWN).  The neurobiologists are now writnng about embodied intelligences, but not much about Cellullar intelligence.  None seems to have grasped that it goes smaller still, to the bits that make up the cell; the microfilaments/tubules,/dendrites on the cells are intelligent, the phages stuck on the cells are intelligent.  Intelligence is a shared resource between fragments that evolve through two way communication and decentralisation of control.  Is this not familiar?

Molds are intelligent.  Look at this slime mold.  Everything you have discovered about ripple is already discovered and used by slime mold.  Listen to the commentary by the biologist, he might as well apply to become a Ripple exec.

Biologist still don't get it, just like BTC followers don't get decentralisation.  It goes deeper than they think.  There is this guy who writes about intelligence intelligently - he is a maverick and his stuff is too dense for me to read.  He has stopped his blog to write about cellular intelligence - (communication between the organelles inside cells etc) good luck to anyone who tries to read it! http://jonlieffmd.com/cellular-intelligence-blog

Edited by Julian_Williams

18 minutes ago, Hodor said:

The bridge asset use case is more complicated, and should probably be divided by type of customer. 

waiting patiently for that smart$ - custodies and etc

gonna open up xrp liquidity avenues - the genesis realized

46 minutes ago, spondulixrp said:

Kinda seems like it might be the bank we were told about for 2018.

LOL - my comment was going to be "that would be great because they were also the first bank to pioneer multi-hop," but it looks like Panosmek covered that point already in your linked thread. 

IMO it's speculation until confirmed, but it's as good a theory as any I've heard.