Xrp2damoon

Should price go along with the news?

One thing I been thinking about lately that kind of has me baffled is everyone talking about ripple not putting out news that will increase xrp price. In all fairness if they start releasing news and price starts going up due to all the news, won’t that make xrp a security? Won’t that work like a traditional stock market where a company releases positive news and the shares start rising up? Maybe the reason ripple is so silent about all of its partnerships in the pipeline and all, is because it’s trying to be deemed as “not a security”  if xrp starts “mooning” because of ripple partnerships and closing deals with banks, it’ll show that xrp is tight to ripple.

Yes and No. I don't think that price going up because of news would get it deemed a security. If ripple was purposefully suppressing the price showing that it had control and a willingness to control the price of an asset, then would that not be much closer to the definition of a security that it doing what it is doing. If we were not in what would be referred to as a  recession, the price would move with the news. I personally think that there is just not enough acceptance of digital assets as a viable investment for most people. I am the only one in my family. I am the only person of my friends that is invested. So if you think of it in terms of fiat liquidity entering the digital asset theatre then there is a lack of willingness to take a risk that would provide the needed fiat to increase the price of xrp in a declining market without mass usage. At the same time when usage provides the liquidity needed then confidence is built that would then bring in common investor along with the firms that have been sitting on the sidelines.

Another possibility that can not be discounted is the fact that there exist a small number of groups that have amassed the wealth with in the asset space to do pretty much as they please. Without legal ramifications then a manipulated market is a viable source to turn a profit. I do no want to be a conspiracy theorist, however I have seen many people compromise what would be considered ethical in order to acquire wealth. Without regulation I think the best option is to pick those assets with a use case and slug out the hold until regulation takes place, and digital assets are treated like everyother traded asset.

An interesting thing about digital assets is the fact the same asset can be traded according to local regulation with a full blown affect of a global market. Its like the internet, but with money. Cool stuff really!

If a correlation between price and promotion were sufficient to make an asset a security then baseball cards would be securities. Likely they're being a bit more careful about what they say so as not to fan the fanboy flames/unrealistic expectations which could bring greater scrutiny. Alternatively, or additionally, there may not be much to report of late. In any event, any price increases due to news are speculative price increases, at this point I think the community is more interested in increased usage driving the price up.

A good business (which I consider Ripple to be) is just keep walking the walk.... everything else will fall in line.  As we used to say in the Navy; "Loose Lips Sink Ships". Consider another business (CEO) that comes to mind that is doing the exact opposite, Tessa.  Need I say more?!?

Edited by CryptoDrover

2 hours ago, Xrp2damoon said:

is everyone talking about ripple not putting out news that will increase xrp price.

this is called 'I Cant Handle Silence Syndrome' or ICHSS. It's extremely contagious. Be sure to wash hands often and you should be ok.

Edited by XRPto50dollars

Well, we have that whole thing of ripple =/= XRP... We're not holding a stock. Ripple is building a railroad for a train that hasn't left the station, and we're holding the tickets to take the ride, most aren't sure if train tickets are better than horse carriage contracts just yet.