xrpmommy

New sbigroup presentation 29/11/2018

7 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

I can't properly gift XRP as B-day presents because I am still waiting for other's to obtain a wallet. 

Create a paper wallet,. Send gift to it.   Put key on paper inside a small and pretty card so it can't be read from outside.  Write wallet address on outside of card.  Laminate card closed.  Send text with bithomp explorer with wallet address at end of URL.

They have a gift, they can click the link URL and see the USD equivelant of their XRP wallet amount anytime they like.  If they want the key in future just cut open laminate.

Edited by Tinyaccount

10 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Create a paper wallet,. Send gift to it.   Put key on paper inside a small and pretty card so it can't be read from outside.  Write wallet address on outside of card.  Laminate card closed.  Send text with bithomp explorer with wallet address at end of URL.

They have a gift, they can click the link URL and see the USD equivelant of their XRP wallet amount anytime they like.  If they want the key in future just cut open laminate.

Thank you for the idea but this sounds like too much work. They have already forgot their coinbase password and lost their recovery seed for bitcoin i sent them last year so I am certainly not going to gift them a paper wallet. This is going to confuse them even more and turn them off. Actually, this is a perfect example why crypto has way to much friction for retail investment adoption.

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

This is going to confuse them even more and turn them off.  Actually, this is a perfect example why crypto has way to much friction for retail investment adoption.

Ah,   we must agree to disagree then.

Although I agree there is too much friction to be truly retail (and that’s a good thing...  it means we are early), I don’t agree it’s not a good gifting method.  

I made my cards to be credit card sized.  Placed in a wallet or purse for a few years forgotten perhaps but still going to be easy and useful when the ship comes in.  

I truly believe the recipients will just take their key to the bank (or internet banking app) and enter it there and the bank will provide custody and convertibility.  

So it’s easy to hold, easy to check price (click a URL) and ultimately easy to get the value.   If it’s a pretty little laminated card it seems ideal to me...  :) 

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Thank you for the idea but this sounds like too much work. They have already forgot their coinbase password and lost their recovery seed for bitcoin i sent them last year so I am certainly not going to gift them a paper wallet. This is going to confuse them even more and turn them off. Actually, this is a perfect example why crypto has way to much friction for retail investment adoption.

This is exactly what keeps average Joes out of crypto world!! Recently I created an account for my colleagues on Bitstamp because he was lost in the procedure! and bitstamp is not so hard to use when creating new accounts. He was neverthless confirmed in 10-15 minutes....

My point is, it's still to hard to do it unless you have someone to do it for you.

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Did you ever hear about security? The system could be more open to retails but in that case you would complain how someone has stole you all crypt assets. And saying again the security is the issue why not to invest in crypto. Those who can’t even store/secure passwords are cows and can’t survive digitalization evolution.

1 hour ago, XRP_Legacy said:

Did you ever hear about security? The system could be more open to retails but in that case you would complain how someone has stole you all crypt assets. And saying again the security is the issue why not to invest in crypto. Those who can’t even store/secure passwords are cows and can’t survive digitalization evolution.

I am not sure what is being implied here, you are explaining exactly why most people don't invest and I am in agreement with you.

However financial institutions are going to capitalize on this and take on custodianship on behalf of most retail investors eliminating these concerns through ETF's and tokenized assets.  This will happen once the market matures with regulation and crypto backed - financial securities with much more thorough insurance underwriting.

Edited by ManBearPig

12 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

I agree with you to a point. If someone finds something too difficult or can't be bothered to do something themselves, it's usually an indicator they see no value in that particular thing. There is no incentive for them to learn anything. That's why I don't bother gifting people cryptocurrency. It's pointless and a waste of time and resources. What's there to gain from it? 

9 minutes ago, TheXRPer said:

That's why I don't bother gifting people cryptocurrency. It's pointless and a waste of time and resources. What's there to gain from it? 

If they are someone you care about, and we turn out to be luckily correct and the price moons...   then you've given something of real value that was extremely easy for them to hold...   (if done as I suggest)   a laminated card in their wallet.

If the price starts to rise then,  if they are checking the explorer link,  they can see their gift accumulate.

Or they just have a card and can think fondly of the idiot that gave them that useless thing.   :) 

So it's not pointless in my tiny view of things.

14 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

I have gifted xrp to my nephew and nieces, they are my family so I just told their parents that I have bought this much Xrp for them, am simply holding their balances in one Family wallet, details of which are with the owners when they are of age and their parents, including my wife if something happens to me so she know who gets what.

Of course the above is only for close relatives given they trust you, for random people I wouldn't bother frankly.

I don't expect huge price movements for XRP in this bear market but looks like Coinbase might list XRP after all. Are you happy now, @ImTheRippler ?

https://www.ccn.com/breaking-crypto-exchange-coinbase-exploring-support-for-ripple-xrp/

Edited by hallwaymonitor

4 hours ago, hallwaymonitor said:

I don't expect huge price movements for XRP in this bear market but looks like Coinbase might list XRP after all. Are you happy now, @ImTheRippler ?

https://www.ccn.com/breaking-crypto-exchange-coinbase-exploring-support-for-ripple-xrp/

Im happier that somebody other than Ripple is working on XRP now since it looks like that’s all it took to squash the beef. Unfortunately I was right but if it’s over it’s over.

I stumbled upon the famous market cycle graph (see link below) that would fit this thread nicely because some people are getting angry. Anger (Q4) is not the bottom of the cycle because the next step should be depression. I'm afraid the depression part might take longer than the most think because the institutional crypto solutions (Fidelity, Bakkt, etc.) has been delayed. What stops them delaying any further? Crypto regulations might also take longer than the majority think. Personally I'm the most concerned about the current correction of the stock markets that started early October 2018. Historical correlation of the stock markets and crypto has been significant. This means if the stocks keep going down during 2019 then there is litlle hope for crypto bull run during 2019. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4528415.0

PS. I know the above link is bitcoin site but you can apply the principle to XRP as well. The graph might be subject of copyright according to Google and hence I did not post it here.

📢 Notice: We have started to provide the receipt of virtual currency (GR) service from today. XRP | BTC | Eth can now be received from other virtual currency exchange wallets, etc. ⇒ http://www.sbigroup.co.jp/news/pr/2018/1221_11384.html … ※ The delivery of the sending (issue) service is scheduled to be released sequentially. ⇒ http://www.sbicxw.com