Jump to content
xrpmommy

New sbigroup presentation 29/11/2018

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Nohut said:

Or mybe there is no trials or adoption... we cant blindly believe every single word that Ripple say. 

Like for example when they were stating xRapid only uses XRP and later we found out it can  use other assets.

Or like they were spamming us how cuallix is doing transactions to mexico and we all tought how that channel is live on daily basis , and later came out it was only under 10 transactions testing....

Etc...

9

XRP is the only digital asset that is utilized via xRapid. However, the XRP-Ledger and xCurrent can settle/accommodate all other digital assets, tokens, and fiat currencies. 

Edited by King34Maine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aye-epp said:

more likely the reverse.

I don’t want to hear this he said she said ****, this is the big leagues if Ripple can’t work it out to where their fragile egos can survive then they need to give up repping the XRPL and let someone else do it. Obviously Ripples products would still use XRP if they want, but I’ve had enough of their childish bickering stagnating XRP adoption in my country when I’m not even invested in ripple and honestly couldn’t care what they do as a company.

Edited by ImTheRippler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, King34Maine said:

Or like they were spamming us how cuallix is doing transactions to mexico and we all tought how that channel is live on daily basis , and later came out it was only under 10 transactions testing....

 

This was not Cuallix, this was Western Union. It just says that due to their own current business issues, e.g. keeping staff and other fixed costs in the business they can't change to the platform yet. It's a business transformation issue, not an xRapid issue. WU is late to the game and their business model will likely be obsolete within a decade. They can’t innovate without collapsing in on themselves due to the weight of their legacy model and cost structures. Take for example Transferwise, they are a totally digital remittance platform with a small physical footprint, unlike WU which has several thousand brick-n-mortal kiosk shops around the globe that employ people to man these shops as well as maintain various treasury operations and functions around the globe. These overhead and operational costs are what's keeping/holding legacy FIs like WU back from adopting innovative platforms like Ripple at a rapid clip. If you read the article I linked earlier even the CEO of WU stated that the 10 transactions they piloted via xRapid weren't enough to truly see the benefits of xRapid. We like to talk and go on and on about the wonders of Blockchain/DLT technologies, however, there is very little talk about the displacement of thousands of jobs as a result of the efficiencies gained by utilizing this nascent technology. I'm quite sure this is on the minds of SOME CEOs of legacy FI and Banks as they grapple with the need to keep up with innovation to stay competitive while also being mindful that implementing this tech is a double-edged sword that cuts both ways providing drastic cost savings, while on the other hand results in layoffs/selloffs due to the fact that "manpower" is no longer needed as operations become automated and digitized.

Edited by King34Maine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

but I’ve had enough of their childish bickering stagnating XRP adoption in my country when I’m not even invested in ripple and honestly couldn’t care what they do as a company.

Again, I ask you to present PROOF of this "childish bickering stagnating XRP adoption!!!" All you have stated are your own unsubstantiated claims about what they are/aren't doing to promote xRapid use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Again, I ask you to present PROOF of this "childish bickering stagnating XRP adoption!!!" All you have stated are your own unsubstantiated claims about what they are/aren't doing to promote xRapid use. 

Why don’t you ask the SEC and Coinbase what the problem is? It seems to be a problem with Ripples behavior, not with the technology of the asset XRP, so if they can’t straighten it out like grown adults then Ripple should let go of XRP the asset (which is open source anyway) and just focus on banking software. Problem solved.

Edited by ImTheRippler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

Why don’t you ask the SEC and Coinbase what the problem is? It seems to be a problem with Ripples behavior, not with the technology of the asset XRP, so if they can’t straighten it out like grown adults then Ripple should let go of XRP the asset (which is open source anyway) and just focus on banking software. Problem solved.

 

No, the burden of proof resides with you since it is your claim that Ripple is somehow being adversarial towards Coinbase etc. They (Ripple) haven't had any issues getting listed on any other exchanges of late. Matter of fact, exchanges have been falling over themselves to list XRP. So, Ripple being the issue, I think not!!!!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, King34Maine said:

 

This was not Cuallix, this was Western Union. It just says that due to their own current business issues, e.g. keeping staff and other fixed costs in the business they can't change to the platform yet. It's a business transformation issue, not an xRapid issue. WU is late to the game and their business model will likely be obsolete within a decade. They can’t innovate without collapsing in on themselves due to the weight of their legacy model and cost structures. Take for example Transferwise, they are a totally digital remittance platform with a small physical footprint, unlike WU which has several thousand brick-n-mortal kiosk shops around the globe that employ people to man these shops as well as maintain various treasury operations and functions around the globe. These overhead and operational costs are what's keeping/holding legacy FIs like WU back from adopting innovative platforms like Ripple at a rapid clip. If you read the article I linked earlier even the CEO of WU stated that the 10 transactions they piloted via xRapid weren't enough to truly see the benefits of xRapid. We like to talk and go on and on about the wonders of Blockchain/DLT technologies, however, there is very little talk about the displacement of thousands of jobs as a result of the efficiencies gained by utilizing this nascent technology. I'm quite sure this is on the minds of SOME CEOs of legacy FI and Banks as they grapple with the need to keep up with innovation to stay competitive while also being mindful that implementing this tech is a double-edged sword that cuts both ways providing drastic cost savings, while on the other hand results in layoffs/selloffs due to the fact that "manpower" is no longer needed as operations become automated and digitized.

It was cuallix. I remmeber birlaa and joel discussin it over twitter. It was cuallix. I mean i know about wester union case, but it was discussion about Cuallix and i remember hiw shocked i was to read about this that Cuallix only made about couple od thousand dollars of worth transaction. 

And Brad was mention on interviews all the time how succesfull is Cuallix sending funds to Mexico etc etc... 

that one really took me for a suprise when i found out the truth

Edited by Nohut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, King34Maine said:

XRP is the only digital asset that is utilized via xRapid. However, the XRP-Ledger and xCurrent can settle/accommodate all other digital assets, tokens, and fiat currencies. 

Nope. xRapid can use BTC for example but its more inclined to use XRP because of its speed.

yes it a shocker when you found about it the first time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nohut said:

It was cuallix. I remmeber birlaa and joel discussin it over twitter. It was cuallix. I mean i know about wester union case, but it was discussion about Cuallix and i remember hiw shocked i was to read about this that Cuallix only made about couple od thousand dollars of worth transaction. 

And Brad was mention on interviews all the time how succesfull is Cuallix sending funds to Mexico etc etc... 

that one really took me for a suprise when i found out the truth

"Western Union has sent just 10 payments using xRapid to date"

http://fortune.com/2018/06/13/ripple-xrp-cryptocurrency-western-union/

I would argue that WU doesn't want to change - someone raised the point in another thread, but their business model is to have their own liquidity network and charge users for access.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

I wonder if the early investors in Amazon, Microsoft and other game changing tech felt this way?  This talk has me about to $h!t my knickers(not!) and sell all my XRP at popcorn prices.  For all those giving a timeframe of when they will get out if XRP is not this or that I have two words for you (Bye Felicia!!) If I treated my stocks like some suggestions here on XRP I would have no gains.  Your exit plan should be just that your exit plan but it seems like some need validation from the masses on what to do at this point I say "I have none for you, let your research shine the way, I never tell someone else what to do with their money I make suggestions based on my research but again what floats my boat may sink yours and vice versa.

someone in here was an early investor in amazon. cant remember who :JC_thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ImTheRippler said:

Why don’t you ask the SEC and Coinbase what the problem is? 

It's obvious what Coinbase problem is - they see Ripple as a competitor and they have a lot of BTC and ETH so they don't want to lose market share even more. I think that's obvious even to children. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:10 AM, TheXRPer said:

There is nothing complicated about using Bittrex, Bitstamp or Uphold. I have a Vanguard account I use for my Roth IRA, and that is not an intuitive platform to use, even to a person like me that can code and works on different types of databases. 

In disagreement on this one.  It may appear to not be a big deal for progressive, tech savvy early adopters and those within the circle we communicate back and forth with frequently.  In reality, the average person in my personal experiences is still overwhelmed just getting through the registration process. I can't properly gift XRP as B-day presents because I am still waiting for other's to obtain a wallet. I have a Vanguard account as well, and while I agree it is not the easiest platform to navigate through there certainly isn't dual factor authentication apps you are required to download, seeded recovery keys, intermittent wallet maintenance disabling withdrawal features, 24/7 trading, uncertainty with deposit/withdrawal amount limits, ease of accounting for taxes, tax events when exchanging from one digital asset to another even without withdrawing for fiat, history of exchanges shutting down due to high volumes, if you make a mistake and your funds are stolen you can't recover your investment, manipulation on exchanges to a much larger scale, transferring to other wallets or complicated cold storage... could go on and on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×