XRPPatience

A word of advice to young monkeys

well I maybe flinging feces is fun. Honestly I think what you are saying is good thing. It causes me stress, but there is not much I can do about it. Anyway going to take the dog to the lake to swim.

10 hours ago, XRPPatience said:

Most recently I’ve heard many different descriptions of the down trend the crypto markets are experiencing and I’ve noticed some very interesting behavior.  First off as a futures trader and investor I’ve been witness to many downtrends in a variety of markets. Markets change over time which is very much like the seasons but without the comforting predictability.  I personally think of these down trends as draughts in the market which can cause an exorbitant amount of stress on the people participating in it. 

It’s interesting to observe how other species such as Chimpanzee’s react to this environmental stress and how there are many commonalities.  Most striking is how older chimps who have weathered such draughts in the past differ from the younger members of the group.  Most react with intermittent bouts of outright panic expending much needed energy.  Aggression and outbursts of screeching from tree tops and flinging feces are common.  There is now evidence of ritual behavior such as stacking rocks and marking tress which increases during times of stress.  Older chimps however adopt a much different approach.  The past experiences of similar draughts give an advantage knowing that with time this environmental stress will subside and nourishing times will return.

Some advice from an old chimp.  Stop flinging feces at others it’s just nasty.  The constant screeching is not necessary and no one is really listening.  Pay no attention to the chimps with dousing rods predicting next day price explosions as it only leads to disappointment. Take comfort and appreciate the wise members of the group that are providing much needed advice and research.  Find some shade under a bush and take a nap. It will rain soon enough.

As you climb to the top of the canopy, you hear a rumble in the distance. "Don't worry" says the old chimp "There have always been rumbles and they pass". A week passes, the rumble grows louder. "You youngsters, don't worry I have experienced louder rumbles than this" says the old chimp. The next week you are foraging for fruit but you cannot find any. The rumbles made all the fruit fall of the tree. "Don't worry" says the old chimp, "The rumbles will be gone soon enough". The next morning is hot, so you find some shade under a bush and take a nap. A FREAKING BULLDOZER CRASHES THROUGH THE CANOPY AND MURDERS EVERY SINGLE CHIMP IN YOUR FAMILY. 

3 minutes ago, Bmatt44 said:

As you climb to the top of the canopy, you hear a rumble in the distance. "Don't worry" says the old chimp "There have always been rumbles and they pass". A week passes, the rumble grows louder. "You youngsters, don't worry I have experienced louder rumbles than this" says the old chimp. The next week you are foraging for fruit but you cannot find any. The rumbles made all the fruit fall of the tree. "Don't worry" says the old chimp, "The rumbles will be gone soon enough". The next morning is hot, so you find some shade under a bush and take a nap. A FREAKING BULLDOZER CRASHES THROUGH THE CANOPY AND MURDERS EVERY SINGLE CHIMP IN YOUR FAMILY. 

Wise monkeys stay away from  white imperialists. Or sht on bulldozer seat. 

8 minutes ago, Cryptoball said:

Wise monkeys stay away from  white imperialists. Or sht on bulldozer seat. 

Wise monkeys listen to the elders but also think for themselves. Been in this a pretty long time by crypto standards. I've seen two new ATHs and two crashes. Last one was pretty bad. Still check the price/news daily because I want to make sure I see that bulldozer when it comes back around. 

Edited by Bmatt44

@XRPPatience And this is when in the sitcom the rational one tries to stop the food fight and is hit in the face with pies from the both side. 

1 hour ago, Bmatt44 said:

Wise monkeys listen to the elders but also think for themselves. Been in this a pretty long time by crypto standards. I've seen two new ATHs and two crashes. Last one was pretty bad. Still check the price/news daily because I want to make sure I see that bulldozer when it comes back around. 

Sarcastic and wise monkey once told me don’t take financial advice from any monkeys except cartoon bears who know that bulldozer will run out of diesel soon

I'm in the old monkey crowd in that this crash doesn't really bother me. I haven't invested enough to worry about it and I think it will go up again eventually. 

However, I can't blame some young monkeys for being upset when there was so much hype surrounding XRP and crypto. 

Some of those who probably claim to be old monkeys should stop making price predictions and being delusionally optimistic.