dvilela

The Xmas Stocking Filler game: an annual XRP community tradition proposal

Welcome December (almost)! In this coming month full of traditions, gifts and good-will, I would like to propose the creation of a new annual tradition to share with all the XRP family.
In a similar way Wietse Wind organized the XRP Cup last summer, I would like to organize the Xmas Stocking Filler game

The Xmas Stocking Filler is a lottery-like game: send 1 XRP to the game's address before Friday, December 21th at 23:59 CET to buy a ticket for the lottery number you like. You can choose any number between 0 and 99,999 by specifying it in your deposit's destination tag (don't forget it). On December 22th, 2018, the second longest continuously running lottery in the world, the Spanish National Christmas Lottery (a.k.a. "El Gordo") will be distributed (official website), and the Xmas Stocking Filler participant whose number is the closest to "El Gordo" winner number will get all the accumulated jackpot minus a 10% that will be donated to several charities (for now Unicef France and St. Jude, but I'm looking for more charities accepting XRP donations).

If anyone is interested, I've created a new section with a wider explanation for this prize in ZerpLotto's website (which I released a couple days ago). Don't worry, this is a fee-free prize (only the 10% charity donation will be subtracted). 

Basically, the rules are:

• You must be at least 18 years old and your funds must be legitimally obtained.
  • To play, just send a 1 XRP deposit to the address rHDHFbDRNvGjbJ6QncFcdorFGcLHiLotto before Friday, December 21th at 23:59 CET. The deposit will be processed, the charity donation subtracted and, if you are the winner when the prize is distributed, it will be sent to your address.
  • Set your deposit's destination tag to the number you want to participate with. This number can be any number from 0 to 99,999. Non-valid destination tags will be assigned random numbers, but nonetheless set your tag carefully as some tags are reserved (i.e, tag 1,000,000) and may result in your deposit not being processed.
  • It's important that you send your deposits from an actual XRP account under your control, not from an exchange or similar service. Exchanges usually rotate addresses and/or require destination tags to identify their clients, so sending from them may result in the prize not reaching your account and you having to deal with the exchange support team. You can create a software wallet using Toast Wallet! or use a hardware wallet like Ledger wallet in order to participate. Also, you can send your participation from Wietse's XRPTipBot. Note: you can actually send from an exchange IF AND ONLY IF it supports source tags. If you don't know what this is, please ignore this message.
  • You can send as many 1 XRP deposits as you like, but please bear in mind this is a game created for fun purposes only. Play responsibly.
  • The prize will be distributed after the Spanish National Christmas Lottery Prize is announced on December 22th, 2018. You can check it in the official website. The winner will be the participant whose number is the closest to "El Gordo" winner number.
  • If several participant numbers are equally distant to "El Gordo" winner number, the prize will be split among them.
  • The winner address will be announced here and on ZerpLotto's twitter. He/she can remain anonymous if he likes but it would be great to celebrate with him here!

I would appreciate any feedback on the game and the rules.

Good luck!

stocking.png

Edited by dvilela
Title rewording