Sign in to follow this  
itcdominic

SEC latest

Is there video of the meeting?

Here is the letter, https://budd.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Budd_Davidson_Emmer_Soto_SEC_Letter_Final.pdf 

Edit: I didnt notice that this was from back in Sept 28, 18

Video... https://www.c-span.org/video/?451983-101/us-house-meets-legislative-business&start=16977

Edited by KarmaCoverage

23 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Great letter - seems very pro-digital assets with an obvious concern that if the SEC applies a large umbrella to which digital assets are securities then this promising business and technology will simply move outside the US.  I feel Ripple's influence all over this letter.  

1 hour ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Is there video of the meeting?

Here is the letter, https://budd.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Budd_Davidson_Emmer_Soto_SEC_Letter_Final.pdf 

Point 2 reads as if it has been drafted specifically for clarity on the Ripple Labs/XRP relationship viz a viz the Security issue. Promising in so far as this suggests (IMO) Congress is behind Ripple Labs and XRP as a non Security.

2. Do you agree that a token originally sold in an investment contract can, nonetheless, be a non-security as Mr. Hinman stated? Can the resultant token be analyzed separately from the original purchase agreement, which may clearly be an investment contract? And, if so, could the resultant token, nonetheless be a non-security?

Edited by WhentheBoat_ComesIn

52 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

Great letter - seems very pro-digital assets with an obvious concern that if the SEC applies a large umbrella to which digital assets are securities then this promising business and technology will simply move outside the US.  I feel Ripple's influence all over this letter.  

So do I.

Let's hope they all stop complaining about the "crypto wild west" and get busy clarifying the regulations already...

From the article:

"Friday’s letter echoed a chief concern from crypto industry stakeholders: Lack of clarity could cause innovation to flee overseas."

“Current uncertainty surrounding the treatment of offers and sales of digital tokens is hindering innovation in the United States and will ultimately drive business elsewhere,” the letter said. “We believe that the SEC could do more to clarify its position.”

"The group did not give a deadline for a SEC response but urged the agency to “be mindful of the speed at which the industry is developing.”