Caracappa

Masterplan or burning a candle and pray

In the same line of thought as a different thread which I don't want to hijack, I've been wondering this recently.

I can't imagine Ripple leadership just leans back and relaxes while watching XRP price do it's thing.

• Do you believe the executives have a plan, besides creating use case ofcourse, to make sure XRP doesn't get dragged to death? Do they have some sort of fail safe built to ensure survival they can unlock when needed? 
  • Do you think Ripple executives have a plan running to make sure liquidity in XRP ecosystem will rise, instead of hope that it does by the grace of this manipulated market? With all the smart and strategic people in the company I cannot imagine they let the future of the company run it's course all by itself...

Is all calculated carefully in the background, impossible to track back to Ripple the company to avoid the security issue, and will it come to it's unforeseen climax like a season of House of Cards? Or do they just sit back, relax and hope for the best for the XRP ecosystem because all they can do is create usecase and hope it's used? I hope it's the first which is a calming thought.

44 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

In the same line of thought as a different thread which I don't want to hijack, I've been wondering this recently.

I can't imagine Ripple leadership just leans back and relaxes while watching XRP price do it's thing.

• Do you believe the executives have a plan, besides creating use case ofcourse, to make sure XRP doesn't get dragged to death? Do they have some sort of fail safe built to ensure survival they can unlock when needed? 
  • Do you think Ripple executives have a plan running to make sure liquidity in XRP ecosystem will rise, instead of hope that it does by the grace of this manipulated market? With all the smart and strategic people in the company I cannot imagine they let the future of the company run it's course all by itself...

Is all calculated carefully in the background, impossible to track back to Ripple the company to avoid the security issue, and will it come to it's unforeseen climax like a season of House of Cards? Or do they just sit back, relax and hope for the best for the XRP ecosystem because all they can do is create usecase and hope it's used? I hope it's the first which is a calming thought.

Perhaps the whole SEC uncertainty thing binds their hands and stops them getting directly involved in setting the price of XRP.

On another thread we can see that stopping OTC sales coincided with a doubling in XRP value.  That it happened once could be explained away as chance.  If it became a pattern it might be seized upon by the enemies of Ripple as evidence of market manipulation.  I expect there are many discussions within Ripple with their lawyers.  My guess is the lawyers would advise caution.

Another possibility is that banks and FIs - maybe the SBI group, might buy stock for their set ups from the open market.  But any evidence of Ripple encouraging this would again be seen as rigging the market and could be used against them

BTW I think it is unlikely that XRP would fall and fall.  There are many signs of a flippening starting to happen.  The faster BTC falls the more incentive their is for investors to cash out of BTC and use XRP as a safe haven.

Edited by Julian_Williams

I think that Ripple's thesis is simply that with utility and adoption the price of XRP will appreciate. I am sure that they have a plan to ensure that there is enough liquidity across the supported corridors for the level of adoption at any given time. Miguel's role must be to ensure that the engine is primed.

I do not think that Ripple is wasting time in trying to manage short term fluctuations in the price of XRP. Especially not when it is primarily being dictated by external factors that affect all of crypto. You never go against the market. It's a losing game.

Having said that, and if the tin foil hats are right, should whales exist that are attacking the price of XRP to permanently cripple it (unlikely), then I expect Miguel and his partners to perform a Jiu Jitsu move. Meaning, that they would let it play out and then pick the right time to perform a devastating move that would not give the attackers an opportunity to reposition themselves quickly enough. I personally think that the John Grisham scenario is far less likely to occur as Ripple is probably laser focused on delivering on their plan and not on fighting some lose/lose crypto war.

2 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Perhaps the whole SEC uncertainty thing binds their hands and stops them getting directly involved in setting the price of XRP.

On another thread we can see that stopping OTC sales coincided with a doubling in XRP value.  That it happened once could be explained away as chance.  If it became a pattern it might be seized upon by the enemies of Ripple as evidence of market manipulation.  I expect there are many discussions within Ripple with their lawyers.  My guess is the lawyers would advise caution.

Ripple has a huge disadvantage in this market. That is, as a serious attendee, they have to play by the rules. This does neither hold for e.g. EOS (the founders are confronted with huge washtrading allegations), nor for the stellar foundation. Ripple itself cannot influence their selling of XRP, afair, they have market makers which are bound to specific algorithm. 

1 minute ago, LordVetinari said:

No, I don't think Ripple is manipulating the market. That seems to be what you're hinting at. That they have some plan in the ready for making the price go up or down. 

Thats exactly what I'm having trouble with answering. 

When are they manipulating, when are they building? It's such a thin line, because their actions always 'manipulate' the price, good or bad.

18 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Perhaps the whole SEC uncertainty thing binds their hands and stops them getting directly involved in setting teh price of XRP.

9 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

That they have some plan in the ready for making the price go up or down. 

Edited 4 minutes

This is what I was thinking..
What if they are just waiting for the decision on whether XRP is a security or not.

Just imagine an announcement being made by Ripple stating:

To maximize efficiency, by the end of this month we will (together with our partners) establish a value of 20$/XRP.
Market makers will make sure spreads remain low and sufficient liquidity is provided.

Edited by 30k1m

Perhaps I'm too naive and I look at things in a too simple way, but I must say I don't see the price as a measure of anything (important), really.

I started with all of this in March 2017, so not so long compared to some, but I always looked for bad side of Ripple/XRP, even before I bought some.

I couldn't find it.

Why am I saying this?

Because Ripple has only gone forward with their plans, meaning if I liked them back then, I sure like them a whole lot more now.
And, it's almost all still undecided, so to speak. We could remain at 0.3 or somehow all their plans will come true (with time, doesn't matter 1 or 20 years).

So, my point is, noone should care about the price that much at this moment. Unless you're too invested, but then you made a mistake a long time ago and this isn't that discussion.

3 minutes ago, 30k1m said:

This is what I was thinking..
What if they are just waiting for the decision on whether XRP is a security or not.

Just imagine an announcement being made by Ripple stating:

To maximize efficiency, by the end of this month we will (together with our partners) establish a value of 20$/XRP.
Market makers will make sure spreads remain low and sufficient liquidity is provided.

Instantly lifting the price to $20 will make tens of thousands of hodlers cash out a significant part of their stash. Meaning that FI's are paying hundreds of billions to us cashing out.

I don't see a way that could work... unfortunately. 

Every seller needs a buyer remember

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

Its hard, its like realise that whatever you believed never exists,  but you have to be strong and accept sad truth: "XRP price is not controled by Ripple, XRPL is open sourced and in control of community". Period.

7 minutes ago, Kiir said:

Perhaps I'm too naive and I look at things in a too simple way, but I must say...

Good point, however Ripple multiple times stated they need liquidity (and also higher prices) to let Xrapid work.

Chicken and egg. Xrapid needs liquidity to convince FI's using it, liquidity needs Xrapid and usecase to grow...

conclusion, they need to start with one or the other somehow. They must have some sort of masterplan right?

10 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Instantly lifting the price to $20 will make tens of thousands of hodlers cash out a significant part of their stash. Meaning that FI's are paying hundreds of billions to us cashing out

rubbish

wild specuguessimating

2 minutes ago, fiik said:

rubbish

wild specuguessimating

Ok, read 'could' instead of 'will'.

Does that solve it for you? ;)

I know I would be cashing out quiet some, and someone has to pay that for me.