Sign in to follow this  
hallwaymonitor

Ripple Is Making It Easier for Customers to Integrate XRP. They Aren’t Yet

6 minutes ago, Tripple said:

Such subjective reporting. Coindesk is a rancid little entity. 

Yeah, I agree especially in the past but as I stated I got positive vibe from this particular article. Maybe it is just me and my hopium though. :)

We have seen recently some flippening towards XRP at least partly due to BTC, BCH, ETH nosedives. For instance, Ran Neuer and Weiss (Wiesel) Ratings have "suffered" some major flippening symptoms in Twitter side.

I thought it was a particularly subtle  ( at least for them) dig at Ripple and XRP.  It was good though in that they seemed to have teased out more info on 4.0 than I had seen elsewhere.

It was essentially saying that Ripple have fallen short and been left on the sidelines.  I hope and think they are wrong.

I believe if you take this article and replace any other FinTech, their solution paired with their crypto/asset of choice, it would be much more bleak. 

I'm not worried about Ripple. If FIs are going to transition to digital, it's most likely going to be with a Ripple solution or on xrpl or interledger. 

If coindesk wants to poo poo Ripple with, "blah blah 4 months, yet blah blah." Let's see an article about Lighting or Bitcoin Cash adoption. I'm sure they've onboarded every other organization not mentioned in their article. 

47 minutes ago, panmores said:

"A Ripple spokesperson..." - who?

Don't believe Ripple is sharing such info - no one using xRapid - with CoinDesk.

probably someone who sits on the emails desk answering public queries

i think it's totally reasonable no one's really using xrapid yet given how new it is and how uncertain regulatory compliance is

56 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

i think it's totally reasonable no one's really using xrapid yet given how new it is and how uncertain regulatory compliance is

I'm afraid you are right. @galgitron has been monitoring XRPL payment flows in the Twitter side and he has not YET found any significant movements that would suggest xRapid utilization.

58 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

probably someone who sits on the emails desk answering public queries

C'est le son qui fait la musique!

Then the author just writes xRapid is still in infancy stages, with uncertain regulation, and so on, yet the groundwork is laid instead of saying no one is using something that's supposedly market-ready. :D

3 minutes ago, panmores said:

Then the author just writes xRapid is still in infancy stages, with uncertain regulation, and so on, yet the groundwork is laid instead of saying no one is using something that's supposedly market-ready. :D

yeah true but you know... coinbase always have to spin it negatively... :D

4 hours ago, hallwaymonitor said:

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-is-making-it-easier-for-customers-to-integrate-xrp-they-arent-yet

"Under the existing system, Birla said, financial institutions can spend months setting up bank accounts in foreign countries and funding them with enough local currency to provide liquidity. With xRapid, companies trade the originating country’s currency for XRP and then use XRP to purchase the currency of the destination country. “The feedback so far from our customers,” he said, “is using the xRapid experience cuts down on cost, but also cuts down on setup time.”

I did sense some positive vibe for XRP regarding to this article from Coindesk. I had not paid attention to the fact that xRapid will not only save money but can also cut down the implementation time. No wonder new start ups such as TransferGo or SendFriend will probably be among the early adopters of xRapid in near future.

I think implementation time is cost as-well, the entities that tight nostro banks to support corridors will charge yuge for operation support.

7 hours ago, Tripple said:

Such subjective reporting. Coindesk is a rancid little entity. 

I thought it was pretty objective. It confirms what I've been reading from MGI and WU that they have trialed xRapid but it's not being used and doesn't seem to be something they are very interested in using, at least for now. 

Edited by TheXRPer

8 hours ago, panmores said:

"A Ripple spokesperson..." - who?

Don't believe Ripple is sharing such info - no one using xRapid - with CoinDesk.

So I guess the author expects Ripple and "Mega-Bank Inc." to fully publicize their strategy for overtaking their competitors - sure let's go with that... ;)

One huge premise Ripple makes about xrp usage, is the freeing up of nostro/vostro accounts. (If) the ability to free up large amounts of capital is Not incentive enough. Then that means all banks and fincos are quite happy doing things the old fashion way. Using nostro/vostro accounting.

Sometime innovation takes time to catch on. Much like the internet back in 1980s, email, later online shopping. There's no doubt in my mind,  that your freeing up capital, capital that's tied up, sitting in accounts overseas.. participants will find recapture that capital. When given the opportunity. Right now the stumbling block may have to do with regulatory clearance.

For now:- "Saudi/UAE digital currency goes live Q1 2019   (powered by Ripple)   - Mohsen Al Zahrani, head of innovation at Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA), says the central bank’s cross-border blockchain project with the United Arab Emirates is on track to go live in the first quarter of 2019."