riskandxrp

Good morning, new guy

Hello everybody. 

Just a quick hi to introduce myself. My name is Dan and been investing in XRP since early 2017. I work in the financial industry as a Risk & Security manager and have previously worked in Compliance and Regulatory affairs with a network around the globe and different big banks and FI's. So when Ripple and XRP came around i've become very interested and looked into it using my contacts within this space as well as some of my friends that work at SWIFT and Temenos. Putting all the information together I got a good picture and hence my bullishness on XRP. I mightbe able to answer some questions some people have or that you have some answers to questions I still have. 

:)

Welcome.  You have exactly the right resume to be very helpful here.  Thank you for sharing.

Can I ask you for a start...  Have you heard of this idea that Temenos can act as a bridge for Swift payments into the Ripple APIs?  Do you give it any credence?

You are not on the spot...   Feel free to ignore me...  follow my wife's example.   :) 

Thx Tiny, 

I heard this before. Do you mean the new SWIFT update and the possible link up to T24? Technically it is possible. But SWIFT doesn't want this to happen as there are too many uncertainties(for now). Think about regulatory uncertainty and impact on SWIFT themselves.  

50 minutes ago, riskandxrp said:

Thx Tiny, 

I heard this before. Do you mean the new SWIFT update and the possible link up to T24? Technically it is possible. But SWIFT doesn't want this to happen as there are too many uncertainties(for now). Think about regulatory uncertainty and impact on SWIFT themselves.  

Thank you for your reply.  Yes that's what I referred to.  So you are saying it will technically be possible but not adopted yet.  Very interesting thanks.

May I make a suggestion?  I nearly missed your reply because you didn't quote my post which sends me a notification.  If you want the person you reply to see your post its best to highlight some portion of their text and use the "quote" button.  Alternatively just use the button without highlighting and the whole post gets quoted.

Another method is type an @ symbol and then their name (or just the first letters) and select their name from the list that appears.  That mention of them will also send them an elert.  Like this:  @riskandxrp