ImBroke

What is your new EOY prediction?

12 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Exactly 1 year ago my predictions were in double of even tripple digits for pricws EO 2018,

Oh yeah, good old times

Edit: as for a prediction: I hope for a Christmas pump, EOY price somewhere above 1 USD

Edited by 7strings

1 hour ago, JA8 said:

This thread shows just about zero consensus on even a price range :)

Perhaps there'll be more agreement the next time someone makes one of these price prediction threads (later this afternoon, I'd guess)

Nothing wrong with being divided on price. We are however, as a community, more pessimistic than before, not many mooners left. 

A few months ago I was saying $5  -  $20.  But now I'm more pessimistic so I think when the 'at least one major bank' starts using XRP it won't lift quite as high because of the general disbelief.  Fomo will be a bit slow perhaps.

So now I think $3  to. $5.   Long term....   much much more.

30 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Of course....    Before the XRP usage starts bigly though...  it could get down into the teens or twenties (cents) because of the continuing fall of BTC prior to Baakt reversing the trend.

I can't see a price reversal into the teens happening, that would be over 100% retrace from the highs.  The most I can see is a revisit of .27 cents which would form a potentially huge double bottom and  establish a good base to grow from. 

In saying that, I'll still remain  optomistic about EOY prediction between $5 - $10... I just always think back to last year when we had a price explosion out of nowhere. 

4 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Majority went from 5-10+ down to sub 1 dollar... what a difference several weeks makes.

For the fun of it, I will stand by my previous EOY prediction of .685

Exactly my point as well, the opposite happens when the price increases rapidly, astronomical predictions are spammed over the forum.
Clearly the majority of crypto currency traders behave in this way, this explains the extreme price movements we often experience.

This frequency cognitive bias causes weak people or inexperienced investors to lose money. People tend to assume that extreme instances of a phenomenon are more prevalent than they really are. An extremely bad experience (a sudden drop in the price of an asset) can cause spontaneous and often over reactive behaviour, this can be prevented by rational thinking. Make sure that you understand the technology that Ripple is developing and the insane potential XRP has, if you always keep this in the back of your head your price prediction or expectation will never really change that much, even with events like these.

In short: have faith and keep your investment (you know what it is worth), or sell when you think that there is a better investment opportunity.

I can't answer the year end price but I think we will taste no1 market cap for a while hopefully perminately. I think one of brads cats will be let out of the bag soon.