Manipulation in Anticipation of Bakkt Futures

The flash crashes seem to be to orchestrated to be organic, I’ve been shaking my head the last few days with the OPs exact theory.  Outside of our circle no one will have heard what BAKKT is and when it’s fully public it will be a sudden cash grab all over again by average investors who have only “heard” of crypto or read about it on a quick news feed.

Dont underestimate the power of the institutional salesmen and women who work for investment firms and have millions of customers walking through their doors regularly.  These people are trusted far more with strangers money than any sort of crypto exchange they would have to sign up with and submit photo IDs and SS#s anonymously to.

Institutions will never pay top dollar for anything, this ‘crash’ is just the shoreline receding before the incoming tsunami of new cash into the ecosystem imo.  

Hang on tight and be greedy, not fearful.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what has happened and what is happening IMO.  My opinion only and I may be wrong - but I'm betting I'm not.   Groups/People with money power/bitcoin= "They"   Last year "They" Bought

The flash crashes seem to be to orchestrated to be organic, I’ve been shaking my head the last few days with the OPs exact theory.  Outside of our circle no one will have heard what BAKKT is and when

Guess you're not wrong at all. Makes absolutly sense what you write. Sad part of the story will be another speculative bullrun and not a utility one.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, XRPriest said:

Institutions will never pay top dollar for anything, this ‘crash’ is just the shoreline receding before the incoming tsunami of new cash into the ecosystem imo.

I can think of so many times that the false bait "*red herring" has been thrown out regarding various investments - stocks, real estate etc. We really need to stick with our own research and decisions and not be thrown off by all the false and misleading information/news stories that are being spewed at the moment. You need to trust in your decisions based on facts and probable scenarios, and not be led into panic and bad conclusions. 

IMO XRP is still the best speculative investment at this time, and I have every confidence that it is ultimately headed in the right direction. I'm willing to give it time, and am content to just watch the situation develop.

This is not investment advice, merely my own opinion. 

*Wikopedia - A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue.[1] It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences towards a false conclusion. A red herring might be intentionally used, such as in mystery fiction or as part of rhetorical strategies (e.g., in politics), or it could be inadvertently used during argumentation.

The term was popularized in 1807 by English polemicist William Cobbett, who told a story of having used a kipper (a strong-smelling smoked fish) to divert hounds from chasing a hare.

Given the volume of interest in Bakkt and work required to get all of the pieces in place, we will now be targeting January 24, 2019 for our launch to ensure that our participants are ready to trade on Day 1

569 replies 2,095 retweets 5,393 likes
Reply 569   Retweet 2.1K   Like 5.4K

Taken from the BAKKT twitter on November 20 - LOTS OF INTEREST..............

I really like this quote from Jeffrey Sprecher, New York Stock Exchange chairman and CEO of Intercontinental Exchange.

Sprecher also explained why Bakkt is mostly focusing on Bitcoin.

“Oftentimes in finance, it’s not about being the best. It turns out about being the broadest and the most commonly accepted. And for whatever reason, Bitcoin has sort of become that.”  

To me this says that he knows BTC is not the best but he understands it has the first mover advantage... for now. It will be fun to see Bakkt evolve as the XRP ecosystem experiences exponential growth.

link to quote: https://dailyhodl.com/2018/11/28/bitcoin-and-crypto-are-here-to-stay-says-new-york-stock-exchange-chairman-as-bakkt-launch-approaches/

Edited by Paulo
added source.

While I agree with OP, make sure not to get too fixated on the 24th of January, as ICE will postpone the launch again of Bakkt again if they feel like doing so. They know they hold an insane amount of power, as an entire community is waiting for its launch.

Edited by Guest
Grammar
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 5:09 AM, PactaSuntServanda said:

While I agree with OP, make sure not to get too fixated on the 24th of January, as ICE will postpone the launch again of Bakkt again if they feel like doing so. They know they hold an insane amount of power, as an entire community is waiting tot its launch.

I completely agree with you here. I highly doubt that we will see a BTC ETF or any other crypto-related ETFs anytime soon. Most think that the SEC just wants to control the marketplace, however, It's not just about wanting control, but about consumer protection and maintaining the overall health of the market. The approval of such a product is dependent on regulation that is waiting for a more mature marketplace. My assumption is that regulatory bodies are waiting for more crypto institutional participation via actual use cases and more equitable distribution of tokens amongst participants.   People have to remember that these tokens are a very nascent and young asset class that really has little adoption other than retail speculation. I wouldn't expect to see any ETFs in the foreseeable future until we can get some actual utility for these tokens. This is why I believe xRapid is so important. As Ripple's initial xRapid partners start utilizing the liquidity solution, I believe, the in/out-flows from Ripple's partner exchanges (i.e. Bitso, Bittrex, Bitstamp, Coins.ph, and Bitrue (next year)) will be watched very closely. Matter-of-fact, I personally believe that Ripple and their partner exchanges will readily and willingly offer regulators access to this data to see to see how the market responds to actual utility and root out possible manipulation etc.  There are simply too few large-scale use-cases, too many unknowns, and not enough hard data to ascertain how markets would respond.

Edited by King34Maine
On 12/3/2018 at 11:09 AM, PactaSuntServanda said:

While I agree with OP, make sure not to get too fixated on the 24th of January, as ICE will postpone the launch again of Bakkt again if they feel like doing so. They know they hold an insane amount of power, as an entire community is waiting tot its launch.

As predicted: another delay due to regulatory uncertainty. For now ICE states Q1 of this year. 

https://www.theice.com/publicdocs/futures_us/exchange_notices/ICE_Futures_US-Notice_BitcoinLaunch20181231.pdf

Edited by Guest
Grammar
5 hours ago, djdhrubs said:

What exactly is the regulatory uncertainty over bitcoin?

I think it has to do with crypto in general. For example, what are exchanges doing besides KYC requirements to stop  coordinated pump and dumps? Wash trading? What exchanges are listing bogus coins to money launder that also have citizens of different jurisdictions buying in and getting ripped off? Which exchanges should be closed because of lack of communication with regulatory bodies? Etc.