Theone01

The reason I am still here

2 hours ago, TheXRPer said:

Wonder how many people on here know where that quote is from, or ever played it?

Hah. I really loved this game.

The only other game I played during that time was Contra, and Icewind.

12 hours ago, Theone01 said:

Open Source.

It's a great idea, take Linux, for example, no business interest just focused on building a user interface for the people by the people.

Has it worked or caught on? NO! Why? It takes a business to drive things forward in our capatilist world(hate it or love it, it is what it is.), all these open source libertarian things are lovely ideas but they are never executed and they don't seem to get to the mass market. It takes businesses which structure, planning, and FOCUS to brings things to the market.

This is why my eggs are with Ripple and XRP. 6 years of holding. My mind has not changed. 

#xrpthestandard

How do you reconcile the need for a ‘ business to drive things forward ‘ and the need for decentralization for xrp not to be classified as a security ?

13 hours ago, Theone01 said:

This is why my eggs are with Ripple and XRP. 6 years of holding. My mind has not changed. 

Just so you're clear:

Ripple's proprietary software packages are closed-source: xRapid / xVia / xCurrent. 

I honestly couldn't tell whether or not you are understanding this correctly based on my reading of the main post (maybe you clarified in follow-up posts on the thread?)

17 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Just so you're clear:

Ripple's proprietary software packages are closed-source: xRapid / xVia / xCurrent. 

I honestly couldn't tell whether or not you are understanding this correctly based on my reading of the main post (maybe you clarified in follow-up posts on the thread?)

What I'm saying is, it takes a business to drive it. Yes people can help along the way but it takes a business with planning, focus and structure to get to the market

The competition is scattered, unfocused, lacks practicality, and to busy war mining.

Edited by Theone01

The reason I am here: interoperability 

The future is interoperability. The CEO of Kava labs spelled it out for us: 

https://twitter.com/brianhkerr/status/1058959474331856897?s=21

The XRP ledger has these capabilities (payment channels and escrow to facilitate off-ledger scalability through protocols like ILP) see David’s answer here: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ppfl/comment/duxbgzh?st=JOXQZDEM&sh=1e83418f

Blockchains that are not interoperable with the IOV will probably die out (we’ve heard the tune a million times)

I feel pretty comfortable with XRP and with a company like Ripple championing it. If you don’t think Ripplenet itself is also interoperable with interledger, XRPL, etc...

12 hours ago, Hodor said:

Just so you're clear:

xCurrent started out as Gatewayd. Then it was taken closed source, and a while later xCurrent came out with a slightly tweaked functionality set.

I'm not sure if the open source Gatewayd code is still around? but that's what you need to do something like an XRPtipbot, or any on ledger IOU issuance. I think @stevenzeiler was one of the devs working on that.

23 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I havent sold a thing, and I may never sell. I see options for turning the asset base into a perpetual cashflow stream.

Which is about the most valuable financial thing you can have. Similar to real estate, that can collect rental cashflows.

"Digital assets" will become a "base asset". Look at the bitcoin ETF, the SWAPs and derivative markets being based upon digital assets.

The opportunity to have working capital, to make markets for internationally funded coverage. If I can get KarmaCoverage going, it is a market making business model. So, I would need to use RippleNet and have some XRP inventory.

People chasing speculative gains, will run right past a permanent pile of wealth. You find what you look for.

I agree with this as the best course of action. 

There currently isn't any good options for deriving income from your digital assets, how do you see this working in the future? 

56 minutes ago, BLPinfinity said:

I agree with this as the best course of action. 

There currently isn't any good options for deriving income from your digital assets, how do you see this working in the future? 

I think banks will start providing custody for digital assets.  At first they will charge you to do so.  Later they will drop the charges and start paying interest while they run fractional reserves.

Basically the same thing that happened with paper money.  They will loan you funds on the basis of your DA holdings.  All the normal financial bells and whistles will develop over time I think.

Until at some point it's no longer "cash out" because your XRP are cash in your bank.

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

I think banks will start providing custody for digital assets.  At first they will charge you to do so.  Later they will drop the charges and start paying interest while they run fractional reserves.

Basically the same thing that happened with paper money.  They will loan you funds on the basis of your DA holdings.  All the normal financial bells and whistles will develop over time I think.

Until at some point it's no longer "cash out" because your XRP are cash in your bank.

I don't want to borrow funds against my DA though.  Would definitly be interested in earning interest off of them for lending into some sort of utility pool but I would be very dubious of handing them to a bank as I just like with your fiat, the funds become theirs.  Much harder to get your DA back should something go wrong. 

Exciting times ahead nonetheless.

10 minutes ago, BLPinfinity said:

I would be very dubious of handing them to a bank as I just like with your fiat, the funds become theirs.

Yes I understand,  and partly share that view.  But the beauty of DA is that you can retain ownership.  So I think a spectrum of offers will emerge,  allowing you at one end of the spectrum of offers to earn interest and retain ownership.  

Others will take the offer of fiat or DA loans and still others will be happy with nominal ownership.  

As you say,  exciting times ahead.  

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Yes I understand,  and partly share that view.  But the beauty of DA is that you can retain ownership.  So I think a spectrum of offers will emerge,  allowing you at one end of the spectrum of offers to earn interest and retain ownership.  

Others will take the offer of fiat or DA loans and still others will be happy with nominal ownership.  

As you say,  exciting times ahead.  

Yes indeed.  We are late compared to some but very early compared to most....

33 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

But the beauty of DA is that you can retain ownership.  So I think a spectrum of offers will emerge,  allowing you at one end of the spectrum of offers to earn interest and retain ownership.  

Imagine an MofN loan, where both the FI and the Asset Owner had to sign off on a loan? 

There are all kinds of doable things.

7 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

xCurrent started out as Gatewayd. Then it was taken closed source, and a while later xCurrent came out with a slightly tweaked functionality set.

I'm not sure if the open source Gatewayd code is still around? but that's what you need to do something like an XRPtipbot, or any on ledger IOU issuance. I think @stevenzeiler was one of the devs working on that.

Yes I developed gatewayd, though of course it was only the foundation for xCurrent, much has changed in the years since going closed-source.