Chewiecoin

Stay strong guys.

I do feel a weird satisfaction seeing some of the prices and trade volumes of other coins these days... I don't think BTC is going away now, but we should see some other "projects" die.

Happy to hold as the price goes down and to be fair I was more nervous at ATH than today.

Edited by xp3215233

At Bitcoin talk the people over there are very very worried.

I don't have Bitcoin ..

But this price drop in my opinion has nothing to do with Ripple XRP but a happy feeling I don't have however emotions must not take over 

However I hate it when the market is manipuleted.

Stay strong brothers and sisters !

Edited by 21x2

5 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

Do you believe in the fundamentals of XRP or don’t you?

Sadly, for the first time - i am genuinely starting to question it. The current price is an influence on that but tbh the lack of ANY positive price movement that can be attributed to xrapid now being live is a big concern to me. Also the lack of any news or comment on how much volume is flowing through xrapid since it went live with the few places it has concerns me.

Dont get me wrong. Ripple owe me the grand total of fcck all, so i dont 'deserve' news or updates - but the lack of it raises a worry with me.

This was ALWAYS very high risk, and an incredible long shot which might not pay off. I continue to Hodl, and i'll see it down to $0 if i have to but for the first time my doubt is higher than my belief.

And please before anyone starts listing things like codius and coil and the rest of it - yes i know - its all very interesting but XRP PRICE which lets face it is why MOST (not all of them i accept that) are here is not performing well.

Edited by Dinoizzy
Spelling

Try not to worry about things you can't control.

Developments have been made, but they are slow. Ripple working with regulators, but still are unclear in cases. xRapid live, but no 'significant' volume to be found yet.

The crypto market is full of coins that aren't being used, and unfortunately we're a part of the bloodbath for this time. Will Bakkt, Fidelity, etc turn things around? What effect would a recession have (people have been saying it's around the corner for years, I'm not so sure it'll be any time soon, nor how bad/mild it could be)? 

Dozens of banks using xRapid by end of 2019. What does this really mean for volume?

Lots of questions. I'm personally disappointed with the lack of clarity and the long winter. I didn't invest more than I could afford to lose though, and will just have to see what shakes out. Again, you can't worry about what you can't control.

19 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

Sadly, for the first time - i am genuinely starting to question it. The current price is an influence on that but tbh the lack of ANY positive price movement that can be attributed to xrapid now being live is a big concern to me. Also the lack of any news or comment on how much volume is flowing through xrapid since it went live with the few places it has concerns me.

Dont get me wrong. Ripple owe me the grand total of fcck all, so i dont 'deserve' news or updates - but the lack of it raises a worry with me.

This was ALWAYS very high risk, and an incredible long shot which might not pay off. I continue to Hodl, and i'll see it down to $0 if i have to but for the first time might doubt is higher than my belief.

And please before anyone starts listing things like codius and coil and the rest of it - yes i know - its all very interesting but XRP PRICE which lets face it is why MOST (not all of them i accept that) are here is not performing well.

I just don’t see how the fundamentals of XRP is correlated to the price movements (or the lack thereof) right now. There has been some decent institution buying but it is still extremely early for xRapid. Bitcoin is crashing which drags XRP down with it. That’s all it is happening right now.

Edited by susli

3 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

Has there?

I don't think it was anywhere near the max that could come out of escrow. You'd think that if the demand was that high, companies would be eating it up. 

Still, there was significant progress in Q3 vs previously.

Something doesn't seem quite right though. Just doesn't seem that companies or institutions have much urgency to get on the XRP train. Makes you wonder. If the writing was on the wall like we think it might be with IMF, FED, 50 central banks etc, you'd think it would be more apparent 

1 hour ago, Dinoizzy said:

Has there?

Yes

https://ripple.com/insights/q3-2018-xrp-markets-report/

In Q3 2018, Ripple sold $65.27 million worth of XRP programmatically. This represented 0.172 percent, or 17.2 basis points of the total XRP volume traded globally in the third quarter.

In addition, XRP II, LLC — a Ripple subsidiary that is a registered and licensed money service business (MSB) — sold $98.06 million worth of XRP in institutional direct sales. In total, the company sold $163.33 million worth of XRP in Q3.

Fundamentals will allow XRP to be distinguished apart from all the nonsense coins as we go through this bleak and devastating low of the crypto market.

This will serve it well moving forward.

Yet I tend to agree that fundamentals have very little to do with XRP price moving forward in the intermediate, 2019.  This will continue to be a highly speculative market for some time to come until those days when fundamentals actually appear (as in real movement of XRP through XRapid).  I don't think any XRP holders old or new are fooled by any kind of narratives at this point while we all look at a possibly prolonged low in the market. Reality has set in.

However, because the use case has not fully played out, and because I am willing to give the infrastructure being built around the crypto market a chance to get up and running, is the reason I cannot get myself to sell one single XRP. 

Of course if I had to I would - if finances required that.  But short of that my feeling is that too many variables (as others have said -outside of our control) are yet to be revealed, including global liquidity tightening which is happening right now, even if it has not reached the United States yet.  So, until those stories become unearthed and come into view I continue to speculate on this particular digital asset, the only one in the space which a) I can understand, and b) which has a number of clearly documented real enterprise partnerships.

Nothing has come of those partnerships in terms of price action as others have said.  We just go down and down.  The market is low. But markets go up and down, that's what they do, and so a bit more patience on my part is certainly merited to see when the market will go up.  My feeling based on all the research done over the last year about this crypto market, and what it means to large investors globallly in a climate of low yield, is that it will go up, and before not terribly long.  Crytpo is not dead, XRP most certainly not, but there may be more pain up ahead, and this is never pleasant for any of us.

I certainly wouldn't blame anyone who requires it to pull out of this crash.  It is depressing, stressful, and unpleasant especially after this last year.  However, if we all ever wondered how some folks made money during bleak times in the past, this current atmosphere is certainly a good indicator of how that may happen.  Buy an asset when it's relatively speaking cheap, and hold beyond what most folks could tolerate holding through.  It's money after all, so it won't come easy.