Sign in to follow this  
RedRocket

Trying to make myself feel better...

On 11/25/2018 at 4:33 AM, RedRocket said:

How much are you down?

Too much.

Don't worry about it. You only lose if you sell for less than you purchased.

Worrying that the price is currently so low doesn't achieve anything.

Distract yourself with work and hobbies and when it eventually turns around everything will be Ok.

7 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Distract yourself with work and hobbies and when it eventually turns around everything will be Ok.

Unless a bureaucrat in Washington decides that XRP is a security.

/s

30 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Lets worry about that if it happens.

I was being sarcastic. It won't happen. :)

Will this help you feel better? Hope so...

https://www.ifa.com/12steps/step10/time_horizon_and_liquidity_needs/

Time

Archimedes is often referenced as saying, “Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand, and I can move the earth.” In the world of investing, that lever is time. The longer investors can hold onto their portfolios, the greater their risk capacity. Will an investor need 20% of the value of his investment portfolio in two years, five years, seven years, 10 years, or longer? Usually, the closer a person is to retirement, the shorter his or her investment horizon becomes. Risk-calibrated index portfolios carry recommended holding periods that range from four to 15 years. The longer an investor holds onto a risky investment, the greater the chance of obtaining its average historical return and the greater the ability to reduce the uncertainty of these returns through time diversification.

The Top 17 Investing Quotes of All Time

By David Bakke | Updated November 30, 2016

https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0511/the-top-17-investing-quotes-of-all-time.aspx

5. "In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable." - Robert Arnott

"At times, you will have to step out of your comfort zone to realize significant gains. Know the boundaries of your comfort zone and practice stepping out of it in small doses. As much as you need to know the market, you need to know yourself too. Can you handle staying in when everyone else is jumping ship? Or getting out during the biggest rally of the century? There's no room for pride in this kind of self-analysis. The best investment strategy can turn into the worst if you don't have the stomach to see it through."

Edited by GiddyUp
add quote

Sign in to follow this