Jump to content
xrpmommy

The Reason Why Coinbase Just Won’t Add Ripple (XRP) Any Time Soon

Recommended Posts

I don't think anyone cares anymore, XRP will succeed with or without Coinbase. Threads like these need to end imo.

 

Edit: My apologies, I reacted before watching the video. I saw the title and assumed it was just another opinion from some random YouTuber! 

Edited by kev4022
My own stupidity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally some explenation from a CB exec. It is a lousy one nonetheless, but I think they will add XRP eventually, but for now, I really don't care about it at all. In current market conditions it does not mean squat who are what lists XRP. I rather look at XRP's ever growing utility developments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Finally some explenation from a CB exec. It is a lousy one nonetheless, but I think they will add XRP eventually, but for now, I really don't care about it at all. In current market conditions it does not mean squat who are what lists XRP. I rather look at XRP's ever growing utility developments.

what was reason stated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

what was reason stated?

watch the video :biggrin:

In summary: he says that the framework for the current crypto's they offer, including ERC20 tokens, is much easier to implement and insure than XRP. They have compliance and regulations in place for the other crypto's, but not XRP(yet).

Edited by Plikk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, mandelbaum said:

I would love to see the compliance and regulations they have in place for Bitcoin Cash. Who would touch that hornets nest after what just happened.

Sounds like a load of $h!t to me not that it matters. I would love to see the compliance rules for Bitcoin Cash, Etherum, and Bitcoin.  If you think about it atthe stage of the game that were  here compliance is being written on the fly based on what's occurring and as you mentioned I wouldn't touch bitcoin cash or even Etherum with a 10 foot pole now

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mandelbaum said:

I would love to see the compliance and regulations they have in place for Bitcoin Cash. Who would touch that hornets nest after what just happened.

I wonder what SBI VC's stand is in this, they were pretty heavy into BCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was a pretty good explanation, at least a reasonable one for me. I also think his comment about one stop shop and listing as many DAs as possible being a driving force was a positive one. 

Many here hate Coinbase and get all too emotional about them not listing XRP. 

I think there may be some tensions on the corporate level between Ripple and CB from things in the past, but all I know is it will get listed eventually. From a business perspective they can’t ignore it. 

Also, you can’t deny that it would add a lot in terms of accessibility / liquidity. 

Even if it’s 2020 when it happens it is a move I’m  hoping to see materialize, but not expecting soon or banking on in the near term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We know Coinbase is making lots in fee's from people buying BTC or ETH then transferring it out to buy XRP or other alts. I still don't get the OX listing? I found it very puzzling to list OX. I think we need to put pressure on Coinbase and anyone or agency that oversees Coinbase. All the hoopla last year was a total insider winklevoss scam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, xrpmeplease said:

what was reason stated?

He said "blah blah blah, it's hard, blah blah blah, adding another chain is hard, blah blah blah".

.

 

Edited by seasonal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CarloRossi said:

Even if it’s 2020 when it happens it is a move I’m  hoping to see materialize, but not expecting soon or banking on in the near term. 

By 2020 there are so many other exchanges offering XRP and most important XRP/Fiat that who cares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, XRPJoe said:

We know Coinbase is making lots in fee's from people buying BTC or ETH then transferring it out to buy XRP or other alts. I still don't get the OX listing? I found it very puzzling to list OX. I think we need to put pressure on Coinbase and anyone or agency that oversees Coinbase. All the hoopla last year was a total insider winklevoss scam. 

0X is an interesting listing - a narrow use case focusing on the trading/exchanging of ERC-20 tokens.

What I find interesting about 0X is that you have this ERC721 token standard that will allow for smart contracts to be traded as non-fungible tokens.   Unfortunately, this standard is still under revision and is not currently available.

Anyway, to get back to your "not getting the 0X listing" comment.  I believe once this standard is made active, 0X  will allow for the trading of a new type of asset - non-fungible assets.  All cryptos on Coinbase are basically fungible, so this will allow trading and ownership of a new type of digital asset represented by smart contracts.

It will basically be a competitor to Elastos to an extent in terms of non-fungible token trading and ownership IMO in addition to the standard trading and ownership of ERC20 tokens that 0X provides.

 

Edited by enrique11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...