Sign in to follow this  
dilee

XRP Account Distribution status

Deploying accounts created in XRP ledgers by November 20, 2018

Why is the distribution not exactly the same?

image.png.67b0880f03fc0a02ff6357137e7dc02c.png

image.thumb.png.e2757d46b3a73781822fb6f8b816b74d.png

Edited by dilee

The account id you see is derived from the master key. My guess is that the algorithm that does this, does not produce all base58 characters in the 2nd or 3rd character in the string. Accounts must start with an ‘r’ and fulfill some other requirements to be valid.

I seem to remember a thread discussing that it’s very improbable that a typo would result in sending funds to the wrong account. The transaction would fail with error code temBAD_SRC_ACCOUNT. 

https://developers.ripple.com/tem-codes.html

On 11/22/2018 at 9:01 PM, Professor Hantzen said:

If you have a look at the Ripple Base58 alphabet "rpshnaf39wBUDNEGHJKLM4PQRST7VWXYZ2bcdeCg65jkm8oFqi1tuvAxyz", and reorder your chart according to this you will see that the lower numbers group active distributions and the higher group inactive with a cut-off point around the middle.

Yes? No? What?

14 hours ago, zenkert said:

Yes? No? What?

My previous statement backs up the other answers, but using the already available data.

The OP's charts are presented in (from the perspective of the Ripple Base58 alphabet) a completely nonsensical order of "123... ABC... abc...".  So the charts display a "random" distribution of accounts.  If you reorder the charts according to the correct order (which runs "rpshna...", where r = 0, p = 1, s = 2, h = 3, and so on...), you'll find the distribution is not random at all, but completely aligned in a single block representing a subset-range of the total set.  This (to me, at least), sufficiently illustrates the previous commenters statements but without requiring further study (though anyone is welcome to dive deeper).  FWIW, I've already concluded my own various studies of this kind and am satisfied with the results: Ripple accounts/keypairs are randomly distributed.

We just did some account analysis of our own. https://wipple.devnull.network/research/entropy.html

We analysed the base58 representation as we were interested in deriving some ideas for a naming / convenience system since we're looking at alot of accounts.

Needless to say, it looks pretty randomized / uniform to us. We'll be posting some conclusions in a separate thread.