Are you holiday ready?

MostlySilverFox

Hi Everyone,

It's that time of year - the holiday's are coming up right around the corner.  It's great to see friends and family at all of our events over the next couple months.  Everyone will be talking and catching up, so when Aunt Betty or Grandpa asks you, "So what are you up to these days?"  you're going to want to talk about something you find interesting.. your favorite digital asset XRP, right?

If you choose to talk about the cryptos, it might be a good idea to keep the information as digestible as the food because the general population really has no idea what you're talking about.  Eyes will be glazed over harder than that fruit cake if you don't keep things high level.

A good practice I've found is to give practical examples - this is my favorite one that most people understand:

XRP lets you send money like the same way you can email someone information.

I also like to provide some information regarding the utility, where the technology is shown to save businesses time and money.  I almost always get handed that glazed over fruit cake look when I attempt to explain the banking correspondence system and nostro/vostro accounts.

What's your go to explanation for XRP that Aunt Betty will understand?

Lest be clear. NOBODY will care about your crypto investment and NOBODY will want to talk to you about it until you make money.

Look at it this way, talk to the hot girl in the bar about XRP now and you're the sad geek she avoided the rest of the night. Talk to the hot girl in the bar about XRP in five years time and you're the successful, self made guy who pulled up in a Bentley.

Nobody cared about Einstein's waffle when he worked as a Patent Clerk. You have to prove yourself before people take you seriously.

9 minutes ago, XRPRJB said:

Lest be clear. NOBODY will care about your crypto investment and NOBODY will want to talk to you about it until you make money.

Look at it this way, talk to the hot girl in the bar about XRP now and you're the sad geek she avoided the rest of the night. Talk to the hot girl in the bar about XRP in five years time and you're the successful, self made guy who pulled up in a Bentley.

Nobody cared about Einstein's waffle when he worked as a Patent Clerk. You have to prove yourself before people take you seriously.

Sounds like you need new friends, if the only time your interesting to them is when money is involved your word should be golden you would think in most cases. I'm sure a random stranger would may treat you this way but family and friends?  If you told me and I didn't know I would at least be inclined to investigate.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, XRPRJB said:

Your XRP investment and your interest in XRP are two different things.  I don't disagree about how society will perceive your judgement to buy in for moon lambos, but that isn't even needed to be brought up to explain WHY you're interested.

Usually I don't go into the nostro/vostro explanation, especially if they don't even know there are more crypto's than just Bitcoin.
Using examples is key to make people understand.

For example, I often tell them about the struggle that comes with sending money to our family outside of the EU.
Then I show them how much quicker and cheaper these new technologies are.

Am I the only one who gets overly excited when talking about this?? haha :biggrin:

1 hour ago, RikkiTikki said:

Sounds like you need new friends, if the only time your interesting to them is when money is involved your word should be golden you would think in most cases. I'm sure a random stranger would may treat you this way but family and friends?  If you told me and I didn't know I would at least be inclined to investigate.

Keep telling yourself that. The truth will be found in how many of them hold XRP come Boxing Day.

2 hours ago, XRPRJB said:

Hear, hear. True Words. So when they ask how much invested in Da Shabaam and what you gained so far. You just answer I am a believer.
One day they wished they where as crazy as you and me and all the other Zerpers. And if we loose, at least we had some damn fun on the way down.

Edited by zenkert

People only care if something will make them money and requires a very superficial understanding of it. Unless they are willing to learn how to create a wallet and invest their own money, which rules out a vast majority of people, then it's not worth bringing up in a conversation. Period. Why? Because it's bad practice to be responsible for someone else's financial decision, especially went it involves family and a potential for loss. 

1 hour ago, AbeFroman said:

I know it is kind of our duty to evangelize XRP to the masses but I must suck at it or something because people glaze over the second I mention blockchain. I've stopped trying and I also don't want people to go buy into a bear market then get mad at me for shilling them.

I've noticed that too. To simplify, I change my language from 'block chain' to 'software program' and that usually gets a person back into a frame of reference they can understand.

3 hours ago, XRPRJB said:

Or you be talking same thing to the girl, in five years, working as waitress in the bar, before going cleaning your boss Bentley.

Especially laughable part here "self made"... :))))